: My Wagon, out of intensive care.....

Speedtrapped
08-13-11, 04:28 PM
So I finally picked up my CTS V Wagon from the body shop....had her 2 weeks and was hit by a commuter bus, parked in a commuter lot!

I am so happy to be back in!
what do u think of the plasti dip grills....

elphil
08-13-11, 04:43 PM
Grills and Wagon, after repair, look great.

dcc8203
08-13-11, 10:55 PM
That is my worst nightmare (actually one I had the other night). I've been waiting since June for my '12 Vagon to come in (should be mid-September) and I dreamed that I was sideswiped after only a couple of days in the vehicle.

Your ride looks none the worse for wear! Love the grille.

jb7952
08-13-11, 11:44 PM
So I finally picked up my CTS V Wagon from the body shop....had her 2 weeks and was hit by a commuter bus, parked in a commuter lot!

I am so happy to be back in!
what do u think of the plasti dip grills....

Holy crap, you too?? I'm so sad to see that, sorry man.

I'm still working on my insurance claim, hit me up on PM.

thatcoder
08-14-11, 12:33 AM
did they replace or repair the wheel?

Speedtrapped
08-14-11, 01:21 AM
Replaced the wheel.

Speedtrapped
08-14-11, 01:25 AM
Holy crap, you too?? I'm so sad to see that, sorry man.

I'm still working on my insurance claim, hit me up on PM.
Not sure why I can't PM u....but with my claim it was easy, USAA insurance rocks. And bus company took full responsabilty, and paid for all of it, $6k

jb7952
08-14-11, 07:12 PM
Not sure why I can't PM u....but with my claim it was easy, USAA insurance rocks. And bus company took full responsabilty, and paid for all of it, $6k

The repair was all paid for, that part was quite easy. It's the diminished value that is the real problem. As there's an open Carfax out now, I can't sell the car for anything close to what I once could have. I'm fighting for the difference between what the car is worth and what it should be. I would suggest you do the same if you haven't started or signed it away. It looks like I'm headed to litigation.

check this out:
http://www.collisionclaims.com/What_is_Diminished_Value.asp

I'm likely to be using this company, but I can't yet endorse them.

Speedtrapped
08-14-11, 08:33 PM
Ah well 2 things, I leased...and secondly, USAA sent me a form I have to fill out for the diminished value of the car.

jb7952
08-14-11, 09:54 PM
Ah well 2 things, I leased...and secondly, USAA sent me a form I have to fill out for the diminished value of the car.

hmm. Well, I had to fill out the USAA form. I'm scheduled to talk to the people from the website tomorrow, I'll ask about how the lease affects things.

Speedtrapped
08-14-11, 10:35 PM
So USAA is screwing you? And you leased yours as well. I'm sorry I thought you you stated you were worried about resale value? I had an 07 escalade that I leased for my wife and she was involved in 2 crashes, both her fault, with damage that was repaired, I just handed back after lease.

jb7952
08-14-11, 11:26 PM
So USAA is screwing you? And you leased yours as well. I'm sorry I thought you you stated you were worried about resale value? I had an 07 escalade that I leased for my wife and she was involved in 2 crashes, both her fault, with damage that was repaired, I just handed back after lease.

Not yet. I didn't lease. I'm negotiating the 'diminished value', something most insurance companies won't tell you about. When your car is wrecked, even after it's fixed, it's still not worth the same as pre-accident. Especially on cars like this and if there is a carfax report. I'm trying to recover that difference and it looks like it'll probably end up with lawyers involved. Not because they don't agree that it's worth less, we just don't agree on how much less.

Speedtrapped
08-15-11, 09:57 AM
I def have never dealt with USAA in this capacity before....they actually told me about the form.....only because I wanted to claim lease payment loss, due to bodyshops snail like pace, 6 weeks....I am thinking since I lease, i wont get anything?

jb7952
08-15-11, 12:09 PM
I def have never dealt with USAA in this capacity before....they actually told me about the form.....only because I wanted to claim lease payment loss, due to bodyshops snail like pace, 6 weeks....I am thinking since I lease, i wont get anything?

I honestly have no idea. Have you made the lease holder aware of the accident?

Speedtrapped
08-15-11, 12:42 PM
USAA did. So not sure the outcome. I know in police report the bus company at fault. I was at work when it happened, vagon was parkerd.

jb7952
08-15-11, 03:28 PM
USAA did. So not sure the outcome. I know in police report the bus company at fault. I was at work when it happened, vagon was parkerd.Ok, this is a bit complicated. Hit me on email and I'll send you my #, or send me yours and I'll explain. There's a couple things you need to check on that could bite you later. my email is jbarnes79521 at gmail dot com

Speedtrapped
08-15-11, 03:47 PM
email sent...
Stephen

The Tony Show
08-15-11, 04:30 PM
Those Plasti-Dip guys must have a hell of a marketing department- every car forum I'm on is full of people using that stuff lately. 2 months ago I'd never heard of it, and now it's everywhere.

Speedtrapped
08-15-11, 04:57 PM
true...I saw it in the Audi forums....I actually wanted the D3 solution, just wasnt sure if turn around time was short enough....my vagon was in shop, i had them remove all pieces, no charge...5 cans of plasti later, 4 coats, and the grills came out great. up close its matte, and almost organic looking. After a week of curing, it would take alot to scratch off, and matter of fact, it has a bit of give, its a rubber like compound, so i am hoping small rocks etc, bounce off....lol

LFTW8S
08-15-11, 05:40 PM
Go after the DV. A guy backed in to the door of my new 2010 V. The first check his ins. co. sent me for DV was $200. Three weeks later, I settled at $8,000.

jb7952
08-15-11, 06:30 PM
Go after the DV. A guy backed in to the door of my new 2010 V. The first check his ins. co. sent me for DV was $200. Three weeks later, I settled at $8,000.

I'd love to hear more about that, how you negotiated, who was the insurance company, etc..

jb7952
08-15-11, 06:31 PM
email sent...
Stephen

Didn't get anything, you can try jbarnes7952 at gmail instead.

jb7952
08-16-11, 10:53 AM
Nothing?

Speedtrapped
08-16-11, 11:36 AM
sorry, crazy at work. just sent u another email.