: Honda/Acura NSX

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 09:14 AM
Hey does anyone know did Honda Motor Group ever make there own model of the NSX
or was it only for Acura
i could have sworn years ago i saw a NSX with honda grill and logo's on it but i can't find any info on it
i saw a NSX parked at my local Tea house thismorning and omg i remember how much i loved those cars and want one for myself

shoot even the 91s are still selling for like 25 k in decent shape

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 09:21 AM
The Acura NSX and Honda NSX are absolutely identical aside from the different badge, and you will see both, though the Acura nomenclature is much more common.

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 09:30 AM
i haven't been able to find any info online of honda NSX i google it and all that comes up is acura NSX

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 09:33 AM
I've seen a few with Honda badging before. Very uncommon, but they're there. There is also the possibility that someone changed it, as many people rebadge their Yukons and Tahoes with Escalade emblems and rims :ill:

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 09:35 AM
yeah i saw a blue chevy truck that was badged cadillac i think i saw it in the classifieds i wanted to barf lol

OffThaHorseCEO
08-13-11, 10:22 AM
its sold as a honda in Japan iirc, the way a lexus sc430 is sold as a toyota soarer in japan and an infiniti m45 was sold as a nissan gloria in japan.

basically the japanese are putting fancy names on their cars (acura lexus infiniti), and selling them to us for more.

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 10:39 AM
ceo thanks for the clarification on that
darn even in japan the few times i was there i never saw a honda nsx i always saw it with the acura badgin and i saw atleast 4 of them over there on my 2 trips one in 2004 and ones in 2000

cadillac kevin
08-13-11, 10:47 AM
25k? damn they're overpriced (but then again they cost 50k or 60k when they were new)

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 10:56 AM
They sure as hell hold their value better than Cadillacs...

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 10:59 AM
25k? damn they're overpriced (but then again they cost 50k or 60k when they were new)

thoser are just for decent shape
there are some that are as high as 68k

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 11:02 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=302151024&dealer_id=1147314&car_year=1991&systime=&doors=&model=NSX&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=25&min_price=1&rdm=1313247622613&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=65369441&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=CLEVELAND_NE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=44122&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=111111111&make=ACURA&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=20&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=296716404&dealer_id=66154183&car_year=1992&systime=&doors=&model=NSX&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=100&min_price=1&rdm=1313247673690&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=65369441&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=CLEVELAND_NE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=44122&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=111111111&make=ACURA&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=76&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=277761255&dealer_id=65937585&car_year=2005&systime=&doors=&model=NSX&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=300&min_price=1&rdm=1313247732858&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=65369441&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=CLEVELAND_NE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=44122&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=111111111&make=ACURA&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=351&standard=false

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 11:03 AM
thoser are just for decent shape
there are some that are as high as 68kYou've got to be shitting me. Seriously? :cookoo:

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 11:11 AM
They look like a ripoff Ferrari F40, the interiors are so bland they make me want to fall asleep, my mom's G6 has more torque, and they are not nearly worth what they are used, let alone new at $90k!

I will concede, though, the cool factor is off the charts, as well as the collect-ability.

RippyPartsDept
08-13-11, 11:20 AM
it's rare so the price goes up ... simple as that (supply/demand)

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 11:22 AM
the NSX was based off of the Ferrari 328 and 348
i belive that the Japanese Honda Company brought over engineers from Italy to design the NSX

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 11:25 AM
Honda used Pininfarina in the design, yes.

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 11:35 AM
i usualy am not a fan of any hondas but that NSX and also the RHD Prelude i think they rock
my brother had a RHD Prelude back in 2004 he sold it to some kid that offered him a price that he was not going to turn down he said he would always build up and restore another one day

OffThaHorseCEO
08-13-11, 12:32 PM
Honda used Pininfarina in the design, yes.

pininfarina=win

ryannel2003
08-13-11, 12:38 PM
The NSX was an extremely innovative car when it came out way back in 1991. It was faster, cheaper, and more reliable than a Ferrari and it also introduced alot of great technology like VTEC and used the really great double wishbone suspension. Both of those technologies eventually made it down to cars like the Prelude and Integra. It's still a beautiful looking car and that V6 engine is a screamer. I'd love to own one.

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 12:49 PM
pininfarina=win

:yeah:

gary88
08-13-11, 12:56 PM
One of my all-time favorite cars. What's not to love about a car that Ayrton Senna helped develop?

yAwJsOECGBU

orconn
08-13-11, 01:05 PM
The NSX was a revelation back in 1991, several guys I knew ditched their Ferrari's to make a change to the NSX. I remember my racing friends telling me how well they handled. Reliability was a big attraction for the car, although the NSX's achilles heal was the way the car went through tires ... which were very expensive. My mother's lawyer had bought a NSX hoping to have much better reliabilty, which he did, but he was plagued with excessive tire wear and short tire life.

The high "used" price of the NSX, as Chris pointed out, is the result of rarity, reputation for high degree of relaibility, and handling not equalled except in far more expensive cars, to own and maintain!

Jesda
08-13-11, 01:09 PM
The NSX is an exotic that starts, runs, and works.

Also... ALUMINUM!!!

RippyPartsDept
08-13-11, 01:10 PM
http://www.supercars.net/cars/3148.html

There's a Honda NSX-R

OffThaHorseCEO
08-13-11, 01:20 PM
there are like 10 different versions of the NSX on the forza motorsport series

fm3 has 6 under Honda and 3 under Acura

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 01:21 PM
yeah i finaly found some pictures and some honda NSX models for sale i googled all over and the only ones i found after 30 minutes of searching where on Japan auto trader auto trader import

STS_Seville_Hunter
08-13-11, 05:01 PM
They look like a ripoff Ferrari F40, the interiors are so bland they make me want to fall asleep, my mom's G6 has more torque, and they are not nearly worth what they are used, let alone new at $90k!

I will concede, though, the cool factor is off the charts, as well as the collect-ability.
Shut up and drive one/

The NSX was an extremely innovative car when it came out way back in 1991. It was faster, cheaper, and more reliable than a Ferrari and it also introduced alot of great technology like VTEC and used the really great double wishbone suspension. Both of those technologies eventually made it down to cars like the Prelude and Integra. It's still a beautiful looking car and that V6 engine is a screamer. I'd love to own one.
The Integra was the first car with VTEC

Playdrv4me
08-13-11, 08:10 PM
its sold as a honda in Japan iirc, the way a lexus sc430 is sold as a toyota soarer in japan and an infiniti m45 was sold as a nissan gloria in japan.

basically the japanese are putting fancy names on their cars (acura lexus infiniti), and selling them to us for more.

Toyota discontinued this practice recently because of demand for the Lexus brand in Japan. Thus for the most part, the U.S. Lexus product line is mirrored in Japan (LS460 was the first LS not to be a Toyota Celsior in JP).

ga_etc
08-13-11, 08:28 PM
Toyota discontinued this practice recently because of demand for the Lexus brand in Japan. Thus for the most part, the U.S. Lexus product line is mirrored in Japan (LS460 was the first LS not to be a Toyota Celsior in JP).

WUT? :suspect: SRSLY???

And the rest of the world thinks American's are stupid.

I bet the Toyota version over there of our Lexus is nicer than what we get here. Not to mention of a higher quality.

ThumperPup
08-13-11, 08:53 PM
WUT? :suspect: SRSLY???

And the rest of the world thinks American's are stupid.

I bet the Toyota version over there of our Lexus is nicer than what we get here. Not to mention of a higher quality.

and about 20-40k cheaper depending on what model

Playdrv4me
08-13-11, 10:54 PM
Make high quality Japanese car > Realize potential market (cash cow) in United States by distributing said car under a premium halo marque to brand snobs > Be like most other Asian countries and emulate American tastes and styles > Rebadge aforementioned high quality Japanese car in home country to appease mob of Miley fans.

Circle of life.

Night Wolf
08-13-11, 11:19 PM
Apparently the NSX is the most reliable "super car", that many owners daily drive them without issue. There's something to be said for a car that just works and can be relied on to get you where you need to go.

Aron9000
08-13-11, 11:25 PM
Really wish Honda had sold a turbocharged version of the NSX. By about 95 or 96 that VTEC V6 in the car was kind of yesterday's news in terms of power output. Other than them being down on power(which is easy to fix, there is a pretty good aftermarket), they're one hell of a sexy car.

orconn
08-13-11, 11:31 PM
Come guys, most of us can't use what the NSX has to offer in its' standard state of tune, much less in a "turbocharged version!"

As far as usoing one as a DD, most of the owners I knew got rid of their NSX's due to extreme tire wear and the cost of replacing the tires with so little mileage on them.

Night Wolf
08-13-11, 11:55 PM
Come guys, most of us can't use what the NSX has to offer in its' standard state of tune, much less in a "turbocharged version!"

As far as usoing one as a DD, most of the owners I knew got rid of their NSX's due to extreme tire wear and the cost of replacing the tires with so little mileage on them.

People put up with that on motorcycles all the time...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-11, 12:04 AM
NSX's, up here at least, are incredibly rare and always get tons of attention when you do finally see them. I think they went out of production around 2002-03...maybe 04 at the latest, but there was only one major redesign very late in life, where they went from hideaway headlamps to exposed ones.

I remember going to the local Acura dealer in about 2001 and getting to see one in their showroom and picking up the brochure. I still have it today. :)

My friend with the 02 Corvette is getting tired of his 'vette, will probably sell it next year. I'm trying my hardest to get him into an NSX, which he's shown interest in before. He complains that the Corvette doesn't get a lot of attention from the fairer sex, and I think the NSX will fix that. :lol:

gary88
08-14-11, 12:10 AM
Maybe his car isn't the problem :hide::duck:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-11, 12:13 AM
Probably, he's really shy, but nobody looks at a Corvette, because they're so numerous up here. I mean they're great cars, but quite common. Anyways, an NSX is an attention grabber, no matter if you've got Brad Pitt driving it or Quasimodo.

Night Wolf
08-14-11, 12:35 AM
IMO, NSX is among the most "bland" styled super car, not that it's a bad thing.

But to sell one car for another - to get more attention from females? Gotta agree with Gary...

Playdrv4me
08-14-11, 12:43 AM
I agree though, Corvettes are SOOO common. I was considering them but man I see like 5 of those things a day.

IMO, the least common, most attention grabbing bang for the buck is the XLR.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-11, 12:48 AM
Between the 02 Corvette and an '02 NSX, I'd take the NSX any day. More eye catching, rarer, handles better, is just as--if not more reliable, maybe not as fast, but not far behind...

orconn
08-14-11, 01:34 AM
If attracting "well to do" affluent young women is your transportation objective, get a horse!

Stingroo
08-14-11, 01:43 AM
The NSX stayed around until '05. Entirely too long without ANY powertrain updates.

Jesda
08-14-11, 02:41 AM
The only female attention I get in the Saab is from old women with bad vision who think it looks cute.

Aron9000
08-14-11, 03:30 AM

When you're getting outrun by a pimply faced 19 year old in his ragged out 1999 Camaro Z28 he bought for $5,000, you'll wish your NSX supercar had more beans under the hood. Or engine cover, or whatever you call it on a mid-engine car.

ben.gators
08-14-11, 04:34 AM
I agree though, Corvettes are SOOO common. I was considering them but man I see like 5 of those things a day.

IMO, the least common, most attention grabbing bang for the buck is the XLR.

5 Corvettes a day!!! Where do you live, dude? I haven't seen 5 of them in Arizona so far!

Playdrv4me
08-14-11, 04:51 AM
5 Corvettes a day!!! Where do you live, dude? I haven't seen 5 of them in Arizona so far!

The Midwest... Corvettes and Escalades are like roaches. They're everywhere.

Contrary to what you would assume, when I was on the West Coast earlier this year, Escalades were few and far between.

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 05:11 AM
I see them a few times a day, and I live in a little town in the middle of nowhere. There is a guy in my neighborhood that has 7 Corvettes. Drives a different one every day. Just part of his 'put Leno to shame' collection.

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 08:17 AM
The Midwest... Corvettes and Escalades are like roaches. They're everywhere.

Contrary to what you would assume, when I was on the West Coast earlier this year, Escalades were few and far between.It depends on where you are. In Washington and Oregon they are usually too "environmentally conscious" to drive an Escalade, unless they are loaded and have a hybrid model. In northern and central California, there is hardly anybody there and who gives a shit anyway. In southern California, Escalades are EVERYWHERE. The exception being Sacramento/ Fresno. Their ghetto asses LOVE beat up older Escalades.

mberisha
08-14-11, 08:43 AM

Really? I see almost 3-4 Vettes a day on my short drive to work in Germany everyday?

brandondeleo
08-14-11, 08:50 AM
I think I know... Don't get me wrong I love the weather in Arizona, but like Florida, Arizona is a haven for the geriatric (unless you're in Bullhead City, then it's junkies and whores). That means less Vettes, more DeVilles, Town Cars, Grand Marquis, etc. Lol

ThumperPup
08-14-11, 09:23 AM
NSX's, up here at least, are incredibly rare and always get tons of attention when you do finally see them. I think they went out of production around 2002-03...maybe 04 at the latest, but there was only one major redesign very late in life, where they went from hideaway headlamps to exposed ones.

I remember going to the local Acura dealer in about 2001 and getting to see one in their showroom and picking up the brochure. I still have it today. :)

My friend with the 02 Corvette is getting tired of his 'vette, will probably sell it next year. I'm trying my hardest to get him into an NSX, which he's shown interest in before. He complains that the Corvette doesn't get a lot of attention from the fairer sex, and I think the NSX will fix that. :lol:

the last year for the NSX was in 2005

what im not sure is from what i hear the reason why Honda desided to pull the NSX from there line up;'s was due to just under 9000 NSX models being sold
what i am trying to figure out is if that was just in the 2005 model i think they are talking about just under 9000 being sold from the starting sale date in 1990 and end of sales when ever the 2005 last sold
i also heard they produced over 15000 NSX models
but what im not sure is if they are talking about just 05 or from 1991- 2005 model years
now if they are talking about 89XX being sold and 15000 being built wow then there are 1000s out there somewhere in some storage shed like the frozen BMW dealership in Canada
atleast thats what i would like to think rather then them trashing and crushing them

ThumperPup
08-14-11, 09:25 AM

i see about 3-4 a day unless im driving by the dealership not far from me then i see 15 per day LOL
when it was open

ryannel2003
08-14-11, 10:56 AM
The only female attention I get in the Saab is from old women with bad vision who think it looks cute.

Old women think my car is nice. Like, 80 year old women.

gary88
08-14-11, 12:33 PM
When you're getting outrun by a pimply faced 19 year old in his ragged out 1999 Camaro Z28 he bought for $5,000, you'll wish your NSX supercar had more beans under the hood. Or engine cover, or whatever you call it on a mid-engine car.

There is much more to a car than how fast it goes in a straight line :squid:

orconn
08-14-11, 02:55 PM
Back i n the sixties, a big engined Chevy Nove or Chevelle could out run a Ferrari or Lamborghini in the teeny bopper world of street dragging, but from about 50 mph up the Italians took over and would never have been seen again by the Detroit metal. This was especially true if a corner was involved.

Detroit was very good at supplying the lower end of the market with fast (in a straight line and up to 50 mph) cars which young guys with a job could afford. By and large the youth of American had not come to appreciate "handling" during this time period.

Stingroo
08-14-11, 11:30 PM
Hand-whatsit?

Pfft.

orconn
08-14-11, 11:50 PM
I see several Corvettes a day around my neighborhood. They all seem to be driven by women in their late "middle age" years. Must be the same ones that buy a SC430 a little further down the line.

I also see a lot of women driving late model BMW convertibles, both 3 series and 6 series, I don't know what their husbands (if any) drive, I am usually back at home before the evening rush!

A lot of expensive cars in the Richmond area, folks here only have to pay about a third of "big city"prices for their houses so they have extra cash to spend on cars, I guess. In L.A. a lot of the expensive cars one sees are actually driven by folks with small houses with little furniture ... if you can't afford a nice house get a Mercedes so folks'll think you live in one!

mberisha
08-15-11, 03:28 AM
Back i n the sixties, a big engined Chevy Nove or Chevelle could out run a Ferrari or Lamborghini in the teeny bopper world of street dragging, but from about 50 mph up the Italians took over and would never have been seen again by the Detroit metal. This was especially true if a corner was involved.

Detroit was very good at supplying the lower end of the market with fast (in a straight line and up to 50 mph) cars which young guys with a job could afford. By and large the youth of American had not come to appreciate "handling" during this time period.

Well said.....one doesn't even realize how VERY true that comment is until they start driving outside of North America.....

Without many streetlights where I live (roundabouts)....the only time I get to cruise from a dead stop in a straight line.....is out of my driveway......

One thing that I've learned....(not to include drag racing) but all the power in the world means nothing...unless ya can turn it!

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 09:33 AM
I see several Corvettes a day around my neighborhood. They all seem to be driven by women in their late "middle age" years. Must be the same ones that buy a SC430 a little further down the line.

I also see a lot of women driving late model BMW convertibles, both 3 series and 6 series, I don't know what their husbands (if any) drive, I am usually back at home before the evening rush!

A lot of expensive cars in the Richmond area, folks here only have to pay about a third of "big city"prices for their houses so they have extra cash to spend on cars, I guess. In L.A. a lot of the expensive cars one sees are actually driven by folks with small houses with little furniture ... if you can't afford a nice house get a Mercedes so folks'll think you live in one!

i see atleast 2 of those BWM 6 series convertibles and 1 coup a day i really do love that car i want one one day

brandondeleo
08-15-11, 09:39 AM
There is a student at my university who owns a brand new 6 convertible. I want to shoot the ****er.

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 10:04 AM
There is a student at my university who owns a brand new 6 convertible. I want to shoot the ****er.

why do you want to shoot him ?

i drove a 6 Convertible back when they first came out i went to the Dealership and test drove one
it truly is awesome i feel

brandondeleo
08-15-11, 10:06 AM
I want to shoot him because I am extremely jealous. :thumbsup:

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 10:16 AM
I want to shoot him because I am extremely jealous. :thumbsup:

ah well there was a kid that wanted to do that to me back when i was in highschool i guess becasue of the lincoln at 16
but then again there was a kid i wanted to do that to because of his Mercedes at 17 lol

OffThaHorseCEO
08-15-11, 11:52 AM
i live in fayetteville NC, and on days that i drive around town, i definitely see 6-10 corvettes easily. 10-15 if you count previous generation vettes. this will range from no frills corvette coupes all the way out to Grand Sports, Z06's and i could have sworn i saw a ZR1 out and about. Also tons of mercedes around here, at least two Nissan GT-R's and one prev gen Skyline.

What it comes down to is young guys who have never had money before and now have a guaranteed amount every month, and no bills do what guys do best. Buy cool cars. Since there is so much guaranteed money floating around here there are of course people here for that money to be spent on such as doctors lawyers club owners detailers etc etc etc. so lots of rich doctors and lawyers in the area. Also lots of rich military officers.

RippyPartsDept
08-15-11, 12:00 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/167840/skyline_vs_honda_nsx/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/431884/acura_nsx_vs_nissan_skyline/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41509_best-motoring-skyline-gtr-nsx-rx7-g_auto

gary88
08-15-11, 01:13 PM
I drove a new 650i not too long ago, very fun.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3793/img0807x.jpg

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/6821/img0805hf.jpg

orconn
08-15-11, 01:49 PM
i live in fayetteville NC, and on days that i drive around town, i definitely see 6-10 corvettes easily. 10-15 if you count previous generation vettes. this will range from no frills corvette coupes all the way out to Grand Sports, Z06's and i could have sworn i saw a ZR1 out and about. Also tons of mercedes around here, at least two Nissan GT-R's and one prev gen Skyline.

What it comes down to is young guys who have never had money before and now have a guaranteed amount every month, and no bills do what guys do best. Buy cool cars. Since there is so much guaranteed money floating around here there are of course people here for that money to be spent on such as doctors lawyers club owners detailers etc etc etc. so lots of rich doctors and lawyers in the area. Also lots of rich military officers.

The only "rich" military officers I ever met came into the service in that condition!

ThumperPup
08-15-11, 05:32 PM
The only "rich" military officers I ever met came into the service in that condition!

or they have been spending money on other things other then what they where suposed to

mberisha
08-16-11, 02:34 AM

+1...yeah that...