: World Series 2004 Red Sox vs. Cardinals

AirJigga25
10-22-04, 11:23 AM
It's going to be a good one... Sox have homefield advantage and the 2 best starters so that looks good for them. The Cards have a great lineup and great fielding. Good matchup between the 2 best teams in baseball. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...go sox.

PS - Tickets in Fenway are going for like 4grand a piece. They'd be better off to buy tickets at busch stadium plus a plane ticket.

Elvis
10-22-04, 11:40 AM
I don't want to disappoint anyone, so I'm picking the Cardinals in five. The Sox proved me wrong once, let's see if they can do it twice in a year!

A meaningless game in July has given the Sox home field advantage (which they will need in order to win). And guess who the pitcher was that had a meltdown in the All-Star game?

None other than Roger Clemens, the Red Sox ace from 1986.

Like rain on your wedding day, isn't it ironic?

I love baseball when it's played at this level. Best week of games I've watched in 15 years.

AirJigga25
10-22-04, 12:02 PM
I'll admit the Cards scare me. The sox are playing with the house's money right now and that's a good thing. They've come this far, fate will decide the rest. I have a good feeling about the series and a bad feeling about it. But we have an extra game of rest, we should pummel jeff suppan, have homefield, and 2 awesome starters. I think all red sox fans are excited and scared at the same time.

RBraczyk
10-22-04, 12:10 PM
Scared? are you kidding? I'm ready to sh*t my pants and the game starts tomorrow! how do you think I'm gonna be when game 7 rolls around?

T_Dogg8
10-22-04, 12:31 PM
you have the advantage with schilling, but who knows with pedro. sometimes he looks like a minor league pitcher out there.

RBraczyk
10-22-04, 01:05 PM
Pedro is only good at home it seems. Outside pressure gets to him, specially the yanks.

RBraczyk
10-23-04, 10:39 PM
we're lookin good up by 5.

Elvis
10-23-04, 10:49 PM
we're lookin good up by 5.

You shouldn't have posted that. 10 minutes later it's 7-5.

RBraczyk
10-23-04, 11:38 PM
oy, i spoke too soon. 7-7.

Elvis
10-23-04, 11:57 PM
Helluva game!

After the '94 strike, I quit baseball altogether. I regained interest about 4 years ago, and I think it's safe to say I'm back 100% now.

RBraczyk
10-24-04, 01:33 AM
Holy crap. Too close for me. We won though.

CADDYBLACK99
10-24-04, 10:59 AM
Scared and Excited at the same time...accurate assesment of the mood here!

Let's not forget The Pat's are playing the Jet's today (who are also undefeated).
What a great sports day it's going to be!
Good luck to our New England Championship Teams! The Boston Red Sox & The New England Patriots :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

daacon
10-24-04, 11:09 AM
Noooooooo Kidding ,

The Sox are up .....(cused not !)
wait a minute ....<error error>
Damn Tied (cursed ?)
The Sox are up .....(cursed not!)
wait a minute <error error>
Damn tied (cursed ?)
The Sox are up - game over !!!!

Barn Burners ....akin to 'fire wagon hockey' - offense offense offense .....damn the purists it is exciting to watch

Elvis
10-24-04, 01:16 PM
I hope they're all that way. The last couple of years I've had this huge emotional letdown once baseball is over.

College basketball helps to fill the void. As soon as March Madness is over the season starts again. November is kind of a dead month for me. I'm not as football crazy as I used to be.

daacon
10-24-04, 03:23 PM
Yeah - I love the Road To The Final 4 for sure ...for me Hockey is huge - but the parties (owners vs players) cannot seem to come to a consensus on who should get richer faster so we are at an impass - no hockey this 'season' methinks.

I do not follow the NFL religiuosly - will watch a game (HD and Dolby Digital helps !!!) and I usally follow the playoffs (s'ok dont follow CFL religioulsy either )

Was at party last night so caught the last 5 innings on a old 19' set - no HD or Dolby - still hella-of-a-game to watch ...(between drinks and shooting some stick)

This week is BaseBall at it's best.

RBraczyk
10-25-04, 12:48 AM
Holy crap we did it again. We lead 2-0 in the series.

Jesda
10-25-04, 03:15 AM
Damn It

RBraczyk
10-25-04, 07:17 AM
Hahahahahaa Take that!

AirJigga25
10-25-04, 10:12 AM
I went to the WORLD SERIES on Saturday night...it was DOPE!!! I got face value standing room tix. 2 tix for $100. It was hilarious when I was walking through the turnstiles, they didn't scan my ticket so I called up my buddy and got him in the game for free with my unscanned ticket.

It was awesome when Belly hit that homerun off the foul pole...we went ballistic. It was too bad the crowd wasn't that loud, too many rich ladies in fur coats who didn't cheer.

Game 2...Schilling does it again!! I have so much respect for that man it's not even funny. Even though he's not my favorite player on the team, he's everyone's hero. Plus our role players were coming up with BIG HITS.

BACK TO ST. LOUIS.

daacon
10-25-04, 10:23 AM
To steal a line from Jake and Elwood - "You see, we're on a mission from God"

AirJigga25
10-26-04, 06:03 PM
I got a good night's sleep for the first time in a while last night (no game).

Back to the grind tonight. THE STRESS IS KILLING ME. go SIZZOX!

RBraczyk
10-26-04, 06:21 PM
Word up to that. Go jesus and crew!

Elvis
10-27-04, 01:04 AM
I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I can recall a team winning seven straight baseball games in the postseason.

The Cardinals really suck this week.

RBraczyk
10-27-04, 01:28 AM
hehe, go sox

AirJigga25
10-27-04, 09:23 AM
I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I can recall a team winning seven straight baseball games in the postseason.

The Cardinals really suck this week.

we tied the record

AirJigga25
10-27-04, 09:25 AM
Word up to that. Go jesus and crew!

3-0 baby! I don't care if it's anticlimactic... ONE MORE GAME and its ovah!

CADDYBLACK99
10-27-04, 09:55 AM
Well said Airjigga25, we need to get this done as soon as possible! When we win tonight it will be another MLB record! I haven't seen the end of many of these games, I end up falling asleep watching the game and waking up after the game is over! I'll have to set an alarm tonight I dont want to miss this one!

Go Red Sox! :dance: :dance:

AirJigga25
10-27-04, 11:31 AM
Go Red Sox! :dance: :dance:

it's hard to work and concentrate knowing the Sox are doing what they're doing...AKA making history.

Elvis
10-27-04, 11:03 PM
Finishing with an 8-game winning streak is a definite sign that the curse has been lifted.

daacon
10-28-04, 01:52 AM
Mission from god - completed :thumbsup:

CADDYBLACK99
10-28-04, 09:51 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
History was written last night. MLB (4 game come back and then a 4 game sweep) record was set...never to be broken!
The "impossible dream"...."the curse of the bambino"...Rest in peace!
We forgive you Bill Buckner!

The The Red Sox Nation begins it's long awaited (and deserved) celebration!
THANK YOU RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!
:histeric: :musical: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cheers: :wacky: :shocked2: :woohoo: :excited:

AirJigga25
10-28-04, 01:58 PM
Mission from god - completed :thumbsup:

BOSTON RED SOX - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!

LIFE IS GRRRREAT!!!!

RBraczyk
10-28-04, 11:43 PM
It still doesn't seem real. Probably going to wake up and find out we got knocked out in the ALDS...

thebigjimsho
03-28-07, 01:50 PM
Was doing a search and found this gem. Too bad I wasn't posting in this forum then. Good times, good times. After Game 3, I got a plane ticket and flew to Chicago in the morning and drove to STL. Saw Game 4 live. And got to be one of a select few to see the Sox win it all. Far cheaper than getting a ticket at Fenway, for sure...

Glad to see the STL crowd get their title last year. Good peeps.

thebigjimsho
03-31-07, 03:32 PM
C'mon, someone tell me how awesome I am!!!

nyyankeehater
03-31-07, 10:06 PM
The memory brings a proud tear to my eye. :happyhappy: Wish I could have been there!

Spyder
03-31-07, 10:25 PM
Haha...wow...oldest thread revival I'VE ever seen!

thebigjimsho
04-01-07, 02:22 AM
Haha...wow...oldest thread revival I'VE ever seen!
Really...You should come over to the CTS-V forum when I get bored. Or lonely.