: Anyone running headers?

jwall09
08-13-11, 02:02 AM
I would love some sound clips - especially with different muffler setups.

hcvone
08-13-11, 07:56 PM
I have AR headers with Corsa Touring, and Kooks headers with a custom B&B exhaust on different trucks, soon an Edelbrock supercharger on the 11' platinum, with AR headers, not sure on the exhaust, I have another Corsa but may want to make it loud with another B&B, but I have no sound clips. Where are you located?

Naf
08-14-11, 05:25 AM
I have Kooks 1 3/4 headers with HF cats to stock exhaust. It is a little louder, but i have been complimented by all how it sounds when i floor it...

I have the GMPP 3" catback but dont want to install it for i will downsize my catback from my now 3.5" I couldnt see the gain benefits

jwall09
08-14-11, 06:07 PM
you guys get a tune done after the exhaust? I am guessing it had to help MPG and power?

Naf
08-15-11, 04:24 AM
I did get a tune, but mine turned into a bigger pig than before...LOVIN the extra power and i romp it all the time...Highway with cruise control on and it doesnt drink as much any more...With CC off , i watch the gas needle move to the left as fast as the speedo moves to the right...

Also have a cai and ported TB, intake manifold, and heads for more air flow, cam, and now a Ron davis Rad......

I have two Engine oil coolers and it helps keep the temps lower during heavy hauling

hcvone
08-15-11, 07:19 AM
you guys get a tune done after the exhaust? I am guessing it had to help MPG and power?

We have been playing with the tune for over a year on my black 10', looking for the best gas mileage on our 700 mile drives to and from our other home, we can now hold the 4 cylinder mode up to 82 mph, it under 70 stock, this allows the mileage to climb well into the 20's on the highway, we are talking to a hand held programmer company that we work with now, of course this does nothing for the around town mileage which is still holding at 12 to 12.2.

jimwalston
08-15-11, 08:42 AM
I have the Kook headers 1 3/4" with MBRP catback on my 07. I"m still waiting on my tune. I had CELs even with the high flow cats. FYI, LPP and Thorley headsers do not work with our trucks. Incorrect Y pipe caused fitment issues.

hcvone
08-15-11, 10:38 AM
All the Doug throley headers I have seen are short tube headers, they offer no real gains over the stock manifolds on the dyno, do they make long tubes?

jimwalston
08-17-11, 09:33 AM
They do offer LTs but you will will to custom miodify the y pipe to make them work so that's why I ending up going with Kooks.