: Anybody have nav disc?

maobso
08-12-11, 06:38 PM
Need nav disc for 2006 sts anybody have copys or orginal disc for sale at a good price? Just about to get nav in my none nav sts wish me luck.

EChas3
08-12-11, 07:53 PM
Please be aware that the Nav Disk package changed to a 2-Disk set about five years ago. Both disks have all the maps info but neither disk has all the POI's. Many eBay sales may not be the deals they appear to be.

There's a thread around here somewhere with the part numbers & corresponding years. Don't count on seeing recent sub-divisions or the latest construction.

This forum takes copyright laws seriously but members have been generous in sharing obsolete disks. I'd 'pay forward' a 2009 set if someone wants to do it again.

nathanjax
08-14-11, 09:07 AM
Where are you? If your on the west coast, I have a brand new 2011 west coast dic I'll sell you. I just bought the 2 disc set and only need the east coast

maobso
08-14-11, 10:31 AM
Im in Texas

dkozloski
08-14-11, 12:24 PM
It is a custom in this forum to pass on surplus NAV discs to other members free of charge. I'd hate to think that we've become too mercenary to let it continue.

maobso
08-14-11, 02:32 PM
where are they?

maobso
08-14-11, 02:33 PM
do you only need to load them once? or do you have too kept disc handy

Rolex
08-14-11, 03:40 PM
Need nav disc for 2006 sts anybody have copys or orginal disc for sale at a good price? Just about to get nav in my none nav sts wish me luck.

Exchanging copies of a copyrighted disc is illegal. Discussing illegal activities here is against the rules. YOu need to familiarize yourself with the net act and it's stiff penalties. Read on:

Pirated software is a crime:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/levy2rls.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NET_Act

The NET Act makes it illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted works, such as software programs and musical recordings, even if the defendant acts without a commercial purpose or for private financial gain.

"The term 'financial gain' includes receipt, or expectation of receipt, of anything of value, including the receipt of other copyrighted works.'.

Rolex
08-14-11, 03:40 PM
:closed: