: Best Corvette Forum?????

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-12-11, 04:52 PM
Off topic I know but most of you have or have had Corvettes. So which is the best forum to Join?

I had debated getting a CTS-V Coupe or Vette. The 2011 Vette GS convert won. I still have my STS-V so I will be staying around here as well BUT I Feel the need to do a little modding on the Vette. The cyclone CF Intake from west coast corvettes looks tempting if it really works.

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-12-11, 04:57 PM
Sorry Hurricane intake not the cyclone. I think the cyclone is that infomercial intake insert which doesnt do crap.

Lord Cadillac
08-12-11, 05:26 PM
http://www.corvetteforum.com

vetkila
08-12-11, 05:59 PM
Forums.corvetteforum.com is awesome!

cbloveday
08-12-11, 06:22 PM
Does this CAI make my ass look big?

Mike02z
08-12-11, 07:24 PM
Corvette Forum is probably the busiest Corvette Forum on the Internet but I don't know if I would consider it the "best". They censor a lot more than most other sites. In my opinion they also protect paid vendors/sponsors that are doing the Corvette community a disservice. Also, if you stay there for a few weeks it's the exact same topics over and over again. I like Digital Corvettes more than Corvette forum. I also like LS1tech. They don't censor but some threads will get out of hand. As the LS1 ages you also get more teenagers able to purchase these and while most are just fine, some like to do nothing but cause trouble. I guess there is no "best" Corvette forum in my opinion.

I went with the Callaway Honker CAI for my 08 vette. In my opinion a CAI has to draw fresh air and have a tune to be really worth the money. Fresh air CAI may gain you 5 HP without tuning. $300+ for 5HP just does not seem worth it to me. YMMV.

Lord Cadillac
08-12-11, 08:43 PM
Corvette Forum is owned by a HUGE company, Internet Brands. Digital Corvettes (yes, a very nice site) is owned by a smaller company, Vertical Scope. The bigger the company, the more rules and politics. I know it's easy to say Corvette Forum does a disservice to the community by allowing bad vendors to stay onboard for the money - but people say the same thing about this place. And considering the fact I own it, I can say I would never leave a vendor on board, knowingly doing a disservice to our members, for money. So I doubt Internet Brands does, I doubt Vertical Scope does, and I doubt ANY owner/administrator in his/her right mind would. But it's certainly easy to assume we/they would.

At any rate, I like LS1tech.com, DigitalCorvettes.com and CorvetteForum.com... They're all good sites.

Gary Wells
08-12-11, 09:00 PM
Out of Corvette Forums, Digital Corvettes, & Z06 Vett.com, I prefer Corvette Forum. It is busy, which is a good indication that they are doing something right. LS1TECH forum is a great all around forum. Don't start on guns.

Lord Cadillac
08-12-11, 09:16 PM
I used to talk with the original owner, Troy Roberts, all the time. When General Motors called some of us forum owners for a meeting in Detroit earlier this year, the new guy who runs it seems really down to Earth. He doesn't own the site, but he takes care of it like it's his own...

Out of Corvette Forums, Digital Corvettes, & Z06 Vett.com, I prefer Corvette Forum. It is busy, which is a good indication that they are doing something right. LS1TECH forum is a great all around forum. Don't start on guns.

Mike02z
08-12-11, 09:59 PM
Corvette Forum is owned by a HUGE company, Internet Brands. Digital Corvettes (yes, a very nice site) is owned by a smaller company, Vertical Scope. The bigger the company, the more rules and politics. I know it's easy to say Corvette Forum does a disservice to the community by allowing bad vendors to stay onboard for the money - but people say the same thing about this place. And considering the fact I own it, I can say I would never leave a vendor on board, knowingly doing a disservice to our members, for money. So I doubt Internet Brands does, I doubt Vertical Scope does, and I doubt ANY owner/administrator in his/her right mind would. But it's certainly easy to assume we/they would.

At any rate, I like LS1tech.com, DigitalCorvettes.com and CorvetteForum.com... They're all good sites.

A big difference I see between this site and Corvette Forum is that you let a post like mine stay even though you may not agree with it. I'm not sure I could say the same about Corvette Forum.

I agree, they are all good forums. Each has positives and negatives.

Lord Cadillac
08-12-11, 10:17 PM
A big difference I see between this site and Corvette Forum is that you let a post like mine stay even though you may not agree with it. I'm not sure I could say the same about Corvette Forum.

I agree, they are all good forums. Each has positives and negatives.

I never let emotion get in the way of my actions. Just because I don't like something doesn't make it wrong or bad. I own the domain but the community is not "mine" to do what I please with.

JimmyH
08-13-11, 12:14 AM
I also like LS1tech. They don't censor but some threads will get out of hand.

there's an understatement

Perdition
08-13-11, 12:53 AM
Corvette Forum.

tbss08
08-13-11, 09:10 AM
www.thevettebarn.com a lot of the people who used to visit the CF have moved over. The CF has a wealth of information on it but the Mods have driven a bunch of folks away. There are a group which if you ask the wrong question you are on the wrong side and banned. When I had the Vette's and back when Troy owned the forum it was a much different place. IB is hands off and let's the mod's in place rule the forum. If you want a community for fun and getting questions answered then the Vette Barn is good. The CF has a larger database of information for how long it has been around. I might also add the Vette Barn was started by some members who were still in good standings with the CF but just didn't like the direction the forums were headed.

hamta
08-13-11, 11:12 AM
Corvette Forum

Busabob
08-13-11, 09:19 PM
There is only one, www.corvetteforum.com

thunder gray
08-13-11, 09:44 PM
just my .02, CF rocks in many areas however on the down side they will band you for trying to voice concerns over a bad vendor. They banned me for trying to alert folks about a shady wheel vendor, vendor went out of business with a lot of folks very upset with the vendor. Wonder who was right!

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-14-11, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys.. I knew this crowd would have some insight to the Vette world. I joined CF to start out but will probably join a couple others to get a good average of information. LITTLEELVISDAN is my user name over there in case some of you are still active in the Vette world.

Florian
08-14-11, 06:21 PM
how do you like the Vette compared to the STSV (other than the obvious performance differences)?

F

EricVonHa
08-15-11, 02:47 AM
The problem with the corvette forum is that it rots from the head back. Internet Brands Purchased the forum. However a lot of the management stayed. I've never seen such a bad example of pay for play censorship. No matter how wrong the vendor may be, the forum will side with the vendor.

My example goes back to the C6 Z06 release. The forum's main advertising dealer was selling positions to take delivery of the new Z's. If you paid more, you were able to climb higher towards the top of the list. The dealer denied this practice. The Forum investigated the issue and denied any problem existed. Why? There was a vast amount of advertising money swaying the outcome and obvious bias and favoritism. A lot of members were told "no, this isn't happening". The reason we know it was happening is because there were lengthy discussions outside of the Forum that confirmed such unethical behavior of the dealer and the forum. One of the admins that participated in this wrongdoing and handled a lot of the censorship personally is still there.

So, out of principle alone; please avoid the CF.

JimmyH
08-15-11, 07:36 PM
Sounds like big business. Which is the way of the world. Whether it is ethical or not is another issue, but I don't think that's illegal. Dealers have been doing "market adjustments" for quite a while now.

EricVonHa
08-16-11, 02:46 AM
There were numerous threads that were started in an attempt to generate an itemized list of buyer's who had paid deposits to the advertising deale on the cf. It was evident that people who initially bought the 1st five Z06's were no longer the 1st five on the list when the buyer's started to share information. The cf owner and one admin thought they could cover up the issue by deleting the the threads. However, by then there were numerous off-line discussions taking place. Specific information about the retail fraud was presented to the cf and the dealer. There was an attorney involved and a few months later.... poof, the advertising dealer was long gone.

Tuna
08-16-11, 11:37 AM
Corvette Action Center forum is where I hang for Corvette stuff:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/

ruby 1
01-11-12, 02:55 AM
CF for 11 years. I learned tons of info about my c5 and c6.

undertaker
01-11-12, 01:13 PM
There were numerous threads that were started in an attempt to generate an itemized list of buyer's who had paid deposits to the advertising deale on the cf. It was evident that people who initially bought the 1st five Z06's were no longer the 1st five on the list when the buyer's started to share information. The cf owner and one admin thought they could cover up the issue by deleting the the threads. However, by then there were numerous off-line discussions taking place. Specific information about the retail fraud was presented to the cf and the dealer. There was an attorney involved and a few months later.... poof, the advertising dealer was long gone.

I blame VonHa for the demise of the corvette forum. He's still upset my 03Z stock beat his callaway TT C4 by over a full second.

I'm not even gonna start with the bartender in southbeach.

for knowledge CF is great.....the C5 section has gone to hell and the C6 is following quickly after it. Regional and Off Topic.....plan on getting banned, it will save you the surprise.

Jeffrey
01-12-12, 12:28 PM
I know it's easy to say Corvette Forum does a disservice to the community by allowing bad vendors to stay onboard for the money - but people say the same thing about this place. And considering the fact I own it, I can say I would never leave a vendor on board, knowingly doing a disservice to our members, for money. So I doubt Internet Brands does, I doubt Vertical Scope does, and I doubt ANY owner/administrator in his/her right mind would. But it's certainly easy to assume we/they would.

Hi,

I can say from personal experience that it is very true that this place allows us to openly address, without any post/thread deletions or revisions, our vendor concerns regardless of how much the vendor pays this site for advertising or other fees. Anyone who feels/thinks otherwise may want to read a thread that I started, IIRC, in August, 2009 when I complained about the service I received from a rather well-regarded salesman who was selling me a V. I suspect this salesman/dealership paid fees to this site at the time of my thread. My thread and posts were not altered in the least and I never received any PMs from mods or owners.

I think it is critical to this community that participants be allowed to post facts and I am extremely appreciative of the fact that we can here. There was a thread that asked how fast you had driven a V and this salesman posted something like 155 mph. even though he had never owned a V. Whose future Vs do you think this guy was driving at those speeds? Hopefully, he is not currently doing the same thing with Mustangs because they might fall apart before he can sell them.

Best regards,
Jeffrey