: Sale price for a 2009 CTS-V - good news or bad news

oneman42
08-12-11, 11:04 AM
This morning I looked on Autotrader to see what's new and I found five cars with Recaros under $43000, not to mention the other ones under $45000 from some other vendors. What is the story, maybe the recession again? All of them at the Bonham Chrysler in TX.
Thanks,
George

Philip Petracca
08-12-11, 11:09 AM
When a 2011 CTSV can be purchased new for ~57k, you can't expect a 2009 to hold it's value for too much longer... 40-45k is still a good resale for a car that's going to be 3 years old...

70vette
08-12-11, 12:30 PM
I was going to call them up and put a deposit on that black manual until I saw it didn't have black interior....... :banghead: all I want is a black on black manual with Recaros!

4DR_ZR1
08-12-11, 12:45 PM
**** NOTE **** Warranties stated indicate the factory warranty period for new vehicles only. Used vehicles may or may not still be covered under a factory warranty depending on age and mileage. Consult the dealer with any questions you may have.

That would be my first question... in the event that these were previous track use cars and have warranty blocks.

DPL
08-12-11, 01:35 PM
I'm startin to feel a little for 70Vette. Come on someone, sell him your damn black on black manual!! ;)

Gary Wells
08-12-11, 01:47 PM
I'll bet that there is a story behind every one of those cars. And there probably not a "Goodnight bed-time story" either.

darthbuck
08-12-11, 01:50 PM
while not necessarily a dealbreaker for all, it appears those CTS-Vs at Bonham are previous track cars from Monticello Motors.

jb_bgg
08-12-11, 01:58 PM
see previous poster about those cars... all warranties are null on those cars.

Junior1
08-12-11, 02:14 PM
As I stated in the other thread, the lower mileage cars were the ones mostly used for the Cadillac experience on track, those with higher mileage were take home cars for the instructors/high level track employees. They all had rear diff coolers installed and most had the 2 piece front rotors, don't know if they still do as I was told the brake systems were completely replaced. If it helps, they were offered back to the track for around 37ish IIRC

HeavyH20
08-12-11, 02:17 PM
These particular cars do not carry a powertrain warranty which effectively kills their value by about 5 to 6K over the norm but everything else is covered under the 50K bumper to bumper. They are normally reported as 1 owner, low mileage cars, to boot. You will also note that each one will have Recaro's, no NAV, and no sunroof. And, while the diff coolers were installed, they are removed from these cars. The wiring is still there along with the mounting brackets so if you wanted to add one, it would be pretty easy. It looks like they probably put back the original rotors on the front (the one piece) and some new pads. A lot of the front brake calipers are tinged gold which tells me that they were definitely on track (mostly automatics - harder on the brakes). The two 6 speed ones I saw were not tinged gold but both autos were. A friend of mine pulled the trigger on one of these, a Silver stick version. It was in great shape but the wheels needed refinishing and the tires are a bit worn. It had 4700 miles and a $42K price tag. He is happy and if anything major goes wrong, he has $5K set aside to cover. The dealer also contributed a new set of tires and he picked up new wheels.

thebigjimsho
08-12-11, 03:11 PM
I just want a diff cooler, DAMMIT!

Junior1
08-12-11, 03:37 PM

Spoke to Luke about that yesterday while I was @ Lindsay with my Escalade. He said they were available and then they weren't. And now apparently you need a VIN# that originally came with one to order it possibly...

now what about those T2 shocks for the V1?...:)

thebigjimsho
08-12-11, 04:44 PM
You'll have to buy the V. :suspense:

Junior1
08-12-11, 04:57 PM
You'll have to buy the V. :suspense:
$ ?
who else has them ?

M5eater
08-12-11, 05:14 PM
amen. Whoever thought freaking $4K for a $100 oil cooler was a good idea should be shot.

jb_bgg
08-12-11, 05:30 PM
70vette, have you seen this one yet? black/black manual w/recaros...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CTS-V-1OWNER-CERTIFIED-WARRANTY-NAVIGATION-PANO-ROOF-/380360320637?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item588f3de67d