: why GM don't buy Cadillac Sixteen and put the LS7 7.0L V8 in

nguyennhatquang
08-12-11, 02:27 AM
I heard a lots of rumor that the flagship will come in next 4 or 5 years.
so why they didnt buid the Sixteen with 2 option one is Limited V16 and one is V8 only...then..we have a great car.
the Sixteen is awesome car. The outside look so nice. Event the newest Cadillac don't have the beauty of its.
Why they spend a lot of money to build a Concept car and never make it become true ? Do u think that is Bad Management so it will lead them to bankrupt. :bouncy:

please look at the most beutifull cadillac ever build in 21 century until now.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/quangty/Cadillac_Sixteen_Concept_DV-08_GMG_02.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/quangty/Cadillac_Sixteen_Concept_DV-08_GMG_01.jpg

brandondeleo
08-12-11, 02:38 AM
In my opinion, the Sixteen is a beautiful car. I would love to own one. The result of the production of a Sixteen would most likely result in a very low number of cars sold for an astronomical amount to the extremely rich. It just does not seem like it could be released as a production vehicle as a flagship. There is a pretty wide line between flagship (which can be defined in many ways) and supercar.

nguyennhatquang
08-12-11, 02:53 AM
why ? if they put in the V16 as standard then we can understand why it so expensive.
but in general purpose..
if they put the LS7 from Corvette and normal thing.....
i think it can't not cost over the S600 Mercedes..may be lower.

Stingroo
08-12-11, 11:55 PM
It's a concept car. It exists solely to showcase design language for upcoming cars, in this case, Art and Science, and it did that. It was never intended to be produced. Every automaker builds concept cars.

JimmyH
08-13-11, 12:03 AM
They are not going to put an LS engine into a high-end luxury car. The LS7 is raw, raucous, and anything but smooth. Which is why I lust for one. But someone who will spend $100k+ on a luxury car wouldn't drive it down the block. They want a refined, silky smooth quad-cam-gee-whiz marvel. The kind of delectable and advanced wizardry of a powertrain with a narrow powerband, and an 8-speed transmission with indetectable shifts that you couldn't pay me to own.

ga_etc
08-13-11, 12:35 AM
I just watched the episode of Top Gear the other night where James May drove the Sixteen. I like the look of the exterior, but I don't find it as superawesomegorgeous as everyone else. What is to die for, is the interior design. :drool:

Jesda
08-13-11, 12:56 AM
Its long, low, and wide. By golly, its the greatest thing since filet mignon.

ga_etc
08-13-11, 01:21 AM
http://img.get1car.com/cadillac/924/2003-cadillac-sixteen-concept-1600x1200-image-12.jpg

Mercedes S-what?

Stingroo
08-13-11, 08:15 AM
Don't kid yourself. If it were real it would be ruined by slapping a 10" "infotainment" bastard screen in the center.

Bullshit.

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 08:33 AM
Don't kid yourself. If it were real it would be ruined by slapping a 10" "infotainment" bastard screen in the center.

Bullshit.It would probably end up being as cluttered, if not more cluttered than the current CTS and STS.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-13-11, 11:12 AM
not only that, the flow would be ruined by the ac vents.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-13-11, 11:13 AM
They are not going to put an LS engine into a high-end luxury car. The LS7 is raw, raucous, and anything but smooth. Which is why I lust for one. But someone who will spend $100k+ on a luxury car wouldn't drive it down the block. They want a refined, silky smooth quad-cam-gee-whiz marvel. The kind of delectable and advanced wizardry of a powertrain with a narrow powerband, and an 8-speed transmission with indetectable shifts that you couldn't pay me to own.

they couldnt pay you to own a Cadillac Sixteen? my bullshit sense is tingling

JimmyH
08-13-11, 03:28 PM
well, ok, maybe

but I sold three CTS (one a V) to end up with a Camaro. so a luxury car owner, I am not :D

OffThaHorseCEO
08-13-11, 04:18 PM
well, ok, maybe

but I sold three CTS (one a V) to end up with a Camaro. so a luxury car owner, I am not :D

hey bro, is this you?
http://amazingdata.com/mediadata20/Image/interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_3183_mullet_2003us open200907241510513712.jpg

JimmyH
08-13-11, 04:26 PM
no, I am not Kurt Russell.

johnny kannapo
08-13-11, 06:02 PM
The thing looks great other than its huge. That driver looks like he is 8 yrs old. & the wheels are too big.

brandondeleo
08-13-11, 10:10 PM
It's only 210" if I remember right. Within a half of an inch of my DeVille. The rims are 24"s, a little off proportion in my book too.