: Love the design of the CTS V? Me Welburns taking questions..Call in AAH's today.

JBsZ06
08-11-11, 02:23 PM
Autoline after hours with John McElroy is having Ed Welburn on August 11th! Interested in cadillacs future design direction? Looking for abstract answers to what the head GM designer is looking to do with cadillac?

Check out tonight at 7 pm eastern standard time..

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/journal/?cat=1513
episode (http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/journal/?cat=1513episode) 114
Today on August 11th ..thursday starting at 7 pm eastern standard time...autoline after hours podcast .... usually starts a few minutes early...and goes for about an hour and 10 minutes..
check it out as Ed Welburn is coming on the show ..(about a one hour show) and there is a push for Ed to spill a few of the bean on the future direction of GM styling..
We might get lucky and hear or see a few abstract ideas or concepts that GM will be moving towards with its premere brand Cadillac!

. Thought i'd share this with you guys to join in..

Great show...and of course we might get some good insight!
also there is a rapid fire section where you can email or call in and ask Mr. Welburn a few questions too...
His reaction try as he might could also give insights ..
Feel free to call in any time today and leave a question for Ed Welburn or call in during the show..(Often times I call in before the show even starts to have their guest answer...then hear his or hers answer or watch their reaction on the show live!!!

If your an enthusiast you might enjoy this cat and mouse game.. call in now! Watch tonight.. Great show..

The phone number is:::::

1 620 288 6546 c

Me Wanna A V
08-11-11, 02:50 PM
Good, someone let GM know they should make an Arctic White CTS-V.

I'm sure all the White Diamond guys love their paint jobs, but I'd prefer to see Arctic White offered.

SecretWeapon
08-11-11, 06:52 PM
I will second the Arctic White paint suggestion. Also, how about putting on a thicker coat? I looked at some (3) White Diamond Escalade's over the weekend and the paint was splotchy and uneven! Looked like they had used a spray can. My wife has a Genesis sedan and the paint looks like it is a quarter of an inch thick and is flawless to boot.

Razorecko
08-11-11, 08:16 PM
I will second the Arctic White paint suggestion. Also, how about putting on a thicker coat? I looked at some (3) White Diamond Escalade's over the weekend and the paint was splotchy and uneven! Looked like they had used a spray can. My wife has a Genesis sedan and the paint looks like it is a quarter of an inch thick and is flawless to boot.

EXACTLY ! It's pretty sad when a 15yr old buick has a better, thicker, and more scratch resistant paint job than a new 70k cadillac

JBsZ06
08-11-11, 08:39 PM
the redo on the XTS should make it even more beautiful according to Peter DeLorenzo who has seen it.
For those that missed the show.

you can go back to the link above and watch the show again which I recommend or listen to it on itunes. I got my question about corvette in there. I got a lot of laughs! I called in this afternoon. Peter DeLorenzo filled us in on what the new c7 will be and Ed just laughed out loud..

A lot of good discussion on what makes cadillac a cadillac with its differentiation in future design language.

Ed's personal car is a CTS V coupe! which he loves the styling on and I have to agree..What a beautiful design. Truly a show car for the street.

I recommend watching the show. It was excellent. IMO

I'm biased as I truly admire Mr. Ed Welburn as a person and as a designer.