: Second Set of Cats

baabootoo
08-11-11, 02:00 PM
I searched, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Has anyone gutted/deleted the second set of cats on an otherwise stock exhaust? I'm wondering about the sound level increase. It looks like you'd have to cut an opening in them, remove the material, and then reweld it closed. It'd be nice to be able to break it out through the stock pipes, but it looks too long of a reach. Thanks people.

kirbyCTSV
08-11-11, 02:27 PM
if your looking for just louder sound increase why not cut the mufflers off and do straight pipes?

baabootoo
08-11-11, 04:35 PM
No, that might be too loud then. I'm looking to make the stock a little better flowing, and a little louder.

haterinc
08-11-11, 04:50 PM
from what i understand, there isn't much restriction in the second set its mostly the first and the crimped areas once you get into the 600rwhp range

Mikevette
08-11-11, 08:55 PM
I removed the second set of cats on my 11 Coupe and replaced the stock crushed pipes on both side just aft of the cats all the way to the stock H pipe. It got a little deeper sound at idle. Sounds real sweat in the garage on initial start up. Sorry can't provide sound clip no CPU s no part of the gadget clan. just getting old these days.

Mike P.

baabootoo
08-12-11, 01:00 AM
Ok, thanks.