: aftermarket tail lamps???

daddie2k3
08-10-11, 10:33 PM
have anybody seen these in person or has a video of these lamps because i would like to know if they came with the led reverse lights like the cts/dts and also i want to see how they look while on because i throw that kind of cash out

TheCaptain
08-14-11, 11:23 PM
I haven't seen any aftermarket tail lights for the second Gen SRX yet. You got a link?

Cadillac Tony
08-16-11, 11:00 AM
These are the GM Accessory taillights we install on some of our customers' SRXs. All the internal lighting is the same as stock, which means LEDs for all the lights except the reverse, which is an incandescent bulb. It doesn't get dark here until way past our closing time, but I can take a few pictures later when it's not quite so bright if you like.

They're pricey little buggers- $750 for the parts, plus $200 for installation.

Smokin' SRX
08-16-11, 11:19 AM
Thx Tony! Interesting but hardly worth the big bucks for so relatively small a diff, me thinks. Thats my opine anyway. The B/U light should be an easy swap to an LED if ya wanted, as it doesn't flash or run at partial power (like a DRL). Just get the polarizing right and you're good. (it just won't work if ya do it backwards, but no damage) I would get a bright, wide angle, multi surface, type for obvious reasons.

Nice to have options.

SS

daddie2k3
08-16-11, 12:31 PM
Thanks Tony I just got mine in the mail yesterday but now that I know same bulbs I'm wondering anybody can help me find a led bulb to fit our b/u housing...some call them 12184 and some call ph16w and gm calls it 10351677...I just want to call mine led reverse lol the only cadillac vehicle that I'm aware of that don't gave led reverse...

TheCaptain
08-16-11, 04:33 PM
:holycrap::drool: Where were those lights in our CDN parts catalogue? I have never seen those before! I want a set! :D

Though if it is the same as stock, that means the signal lights are incandescent as well then too eh? :(

daddie2k3
08-16-11, 07:48 PM
Yes and the turn signal is amber but I will replace with red led or Piaa white bulbs like up front...but capt or anybody help find a led bulb for reverse and also how do you remove stock bulb from the bulb housing??

allgm
08-16-11, 09:15 PM
Look on E Bay 12184 LED just bought two around $9.00. Not sure how bright if they don"t work will put on my lawn mower lol

daddie2k3
08-17-11, 05:36 AM
The lights I seen under 12184 all had 1157 base also known as ba15...

Marc NY
08-17-11, 12:56 PM
These are the GM Accessory taillights we install on some of our customers' SRXs. All the internal lighting is the same as stock, which means LEDs for all the lights except the reverse, which is an incandescent bulb. It doesn't get dark here until way past our closing time, but I can take a few pictures later when it's not quite so bright if you like.They're pricey little buggers- $750 for the parts, plus $200 for installation.I for one would love to see the effect after dark. We all hope you can take a few pics to show us the new LED look at night. :)

daddie2k3
08-17-11, 01:23 PM
If he don't post pics I will went install because I have then at home but just trying to find a led reverse bulb so I can kill 2 birds with one stone

TheCaptain
08-17-11, 08:14 PM
Yea, i have no solution for an LED backup, short of a discombobulation of two bulbs to make the backup one an LED...

daddie2k3
08-17-11, 11:50 PM
So capt did you try taking a 921 and taking the contacts and straighten out to fed through holes?

TheCaptain
08-18-11, 11:23 AM
I was going to, but then i bought an 06 Impala and used them in its backup lights... still have incandescent lights for backups in the SRX... lol

daddie2k3
08-18-11, 12:12 PM
i seen on another message board where they did take a 921 and hot glued to housing but im not trying to do all that but i am willing to take some 921s and feeding contacts through holes and see if they work and if so make sure it wont fall out...i wish somebody has tried this before lol

daddie2k3
08-18-11, 11:06 PM
So I installed lights today and its not much of a difference at night but I love them in the day and far as installing them it will take about 20-30 mins if you have a grinder on hand...yes I know sounds crazy but you have to grind a little on a factory accessory part...