: Rusting 2008 Escalade Rims

timbertoy
08-10-11, 10:31 PM
My 2008 Escalade has rusting rims that is occuring like others that I here on this website. My EXT is still under full warrantee. I have brought it with this problem to my dealer and their responce is it has to be inspected by a cadillac rep. I also have a xlr cadillac that had issues with the interior. That also at the time was under full warantee and was told the same story. It is 5 years and I am still waiting for a cadillac rep to inspect that issue. I am getting the same story from the same dealer. What happened to cadillac service? If my rims are rusting what is the issue? I love my cadillac EXT just what happened to service?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Wayne D.

sanman28
08-11-11, 12:01 AM
My 09' had one wheel that the chrome was flaking off around edge. No curb checks found. I just purchased, second owner, with 29k miles. I took to selling dealer and had wheel replaced under warrantee and had them pull off the rim wheel weights and replace with the sticky, inside, weights..........needless to say, i was VERY concerned that there would be rust underneath the dealers chit balancing weights on the rim edge. None to be found.....unless they took care of it quickly.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-11-11, 01:37 PM
timbertoy,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Is there another Cadillac dealership in your area that you could take your vehicle to?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

timbertoy
08-11-11, 10:02 PM
Thanks Elizabeth, yes there is just hope to support my local Hampton long island dealer. like i said I love my Cadillacs just ask for small service that Cadillac should warrantee. Can u help?

Thanks,

Wayne d

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-13-11, 01:26 PM
timbertoy,

Thank you for your reply. I can set up a case for you with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center. They will be able to let you know if there is anything they can do about your wheels. I will need your full name, address, phone number, VIN and current mileage in order to do so. You can also skip this step and call them directly at 800-458-8006. Their hours of operation are 8AM-9PM ET Monday-Saturday.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept
08-13-11, 01:43 PM
isn't there a one-time goodwill available for corrosion on these 22" wheels?

your local/preferred dealership should know all about it - there is a bulletin/TSB also

MrSplenda
08-13-11, 03:04 PM
My 2010 had the same problem. I took it to the dealership and they verified the issue. I had four new wheels put on under warranty and picked her up tomorrow.

If I was given a hard time about getting them replaced in any quantity it would be the last Escalade and last GM product I would have ever bought. Cadillac needs to get behind us 100% on this issue. It's not like we can't take our $80,000 some where else.

marton5
08-24-11, 07:28 PM
I'm glad to hear some of you had better luck with your rusting rims than I did. So far I've had 2 different tires leaking because of the corroded wheels on my '08. I bought the vehicle used with a full warranty (under 50,000 miles) and two separate dealers refused to help. It's a little disappointing, to say the least.

timbertoy
08-24-11, 09:05 PM
The dealer still has done nothing in respect to my rusting rims. The cadillac rep. - i am told still has not visited. Do I suppose to again make more appointments to drop my EXT CADILLAC Off AGAIN, or is this rep. comming to my residence? To be awnsered "Bring my Cadillac to a different dealer is unacceptable. If there is a problem with the stock cadillac rim why is it not addressed by cadillac? This is why america is in so much trouble today and other countrys that manufacture vehicles are selling. Satisfaction equals a repeat customer. Too bad Cadillac and america dont get it.

hannity
08-25-11, 01:41 AM
The dealer still has done nothing in respect to my rusting rims. The cadillac rep. - i am told still has not visited. Do I suppose to again make more appointments to drop my EXT CADILLAC Off AGAIN, or is this rep. comming to my residence? To be awnsered "Bring my Cadillac to a different dealer is unacceptable. If there is a problem with the stock cadillac rim why is it not addressed by cadillac? This is why america is in so much trouble today and other countrys that manufacture vehicles are selling. Satisfaction equals a repeat customer. Too bad Cadillac and america dont get it.

The fact that satisfaction equals repeat customer has no meaning to gm.

Prormk
02-15-14, 05:15 PM
What is the bulletin / TSB # on this issue?

GLH
02-15-14, 08:23 PM
Dealer replaced mine, no questions asked.

MrHolland
02-15-14, 08:59 PM
By now the B2B warranty has expired. I'm unsure of any recalls.

Prormk
02-15-14, 09:18 PM
GLH, when did you get your rims replaced?

My 2008 has 19,856 miles. Just doesn't seem right that these rims are deteriorating.

I am the second owner as of two weeks ago. I have a word in with the dealer. We'll see.

MrHolland
02-15-14, 09:22 PM
Perhaps you'll get lucky with a good faith repair.

Prormk
02-15-14, 09:28 PM
That is my hope MrHolland

I'll be a customer of theirs forever if they pull through.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-20-14, 09:38 AM
GLH, when did you get your rims replaced?

My 2008 has 19,856 miles. Just doesn't seem right that these rims are deteriorating.

I am the second owner as of two weeks ago. I have a word in with the dealer. We'll see.

Hello Prormk,

I am sorry to hear of the vehicle concern you are experiencing. If you would like to further discuss your situation and update me with your dealer interactions, please send me a private message. Include your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location. We are here to assist the best we can!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

07BlkOnBlkEXT
02-20-14, 04:07 PM
I would also like to know the bulletin number.