: Water inside passenger side door

CTSV_510
08-10-11, 09:43 AM
About a week or so ago I noticed a sloshing sound coming from the passenger side of my car when driving. It turns out that there is a decent amount of water collected inside the door that drips out slowly from the bottom of the door. I haven't pulled anything apart yet to see where it might be coming in, but has anyone else had this issue yet? There was just some torrential rain yesterday and it filled up again.

I have never had a car that collected water inside a door so any tips would be appreciated.

thebigjimsho
08-10-11, 01:47 PM
Is there a nest in there? Do any sound system work where some sound deadening is blocking the drain hole?

What the hell are you doing to your car lately? Faded hoods? Water clogging?

CTSV_510
08-11-11, 01:37 PM
Oh Jim, in the past couple weeks I have felt like the car was falling apart. Front tires torn up on the inside edge (from 265 width combined with aggressive camber) threw them out of balance so the car was shaking terribly at 58+mph. The front rotors are warped so braking causes terrible shaking too. My shifter has been working itself looser and looser over the past year. Hood paint fading, water in the door....on and on and on...

But I have new front rotors painted and ready to go on on Saturday and I have new tires here in the office getting mounted tomorrow. While I'm installing the rotors I'm going to tighten up the shifter linkage bolt that has worked itself a little loose.

I figured out the water in the door issue - the drains (which I never knew existed) were clogged with muck so I pulled back the rubber stripping on the bottom of the door and worked the holes with my fingers and the gunk came out along with a good gallon of water. Problem solved there.

This should feel like a new car by next week, then I just need to get around to replacing some bushings and mounts with all these fancy new parts I see floating around the forum. I haven't been around much in the past year or so but it looks like creative steel has put together some pretty nice products that are getting good reviews. My parade clunk is in full form right now so I could stand some tightening up. Next year I'll be able to replace the clutch, not because I need to but because I feel like this dual mass flywheel is not letting the car be all it can be.

thebigjimsho
08-11-11, 01:51 PM
Just, whatever you do, don't give up. Never give up!