: 2011 SRX Performance 3.0 New Engine

rgalpaugh
08-10-11, 09:28 AM
So creeping home last Wednesday night on my daily commute in Washington DC and the engine shuts off. Luckily I was able to coast to the mini shoulder. Roadside assistance cited a 2 hour wait for a tow truck, but the State police motorist assist was able to get a truck there in 20 minutes. Towed to dealer where I bought the car, next day's "update" there's something wrong with your engine...no kidding. Three days later, we're going to replace the engine. I've had a loaner and they've been very nice about it, but I'm glad it's my company car and not my personal car as I'd be a bit more hesitant about a new engine install. We'll see how this goes.

Ponyman
08-12-11, 02:01 PM
With my 08 CTS they had to replace the engine at 1599 mils. It wasn't a company car and I was VERY upset and could see a scratched up, cobbled together car. That didn't happen. The two best Cadillac onlu mechanics at the dealership did a wonderful job, and you could not tell the engine had ever been out of the car. Hopefully your experience will be the same.