: 1994 cadillac seville Spark plug change

nash8
08-10-11, 02:07 AM
So i'm about to change the spark plugs on my 1994 cadillac seville. I know there's a tech tips section that has a detailed instructions, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone post a link to this specific page, or give idiot proof instructions how to get there?

tateos
08-10-11, 07:13 PM
Nothing much to post - pull the plug wire, remove the old plug, re-install the new plug. I use a little no seize on the threads. I think you may find it's worth the time invested to unbolt the ignition module and coil pack off the right bank - it will give you some more access to those plugs

89falcon
08-10-11, 10:02 PM
Nothing much to post - pull the plug wire, remove the old plug, re-install the new plug. I use a little no seize on the threads. I think you may find it's worth the time invested to unbolt the ignition module and coil pack off the right bank - it will give you some more access to those plugs

DEFINITELY use "anti-seize" on the threads, and also get some "dielectric grease" to put on the inside of the spark plug wire boots.......it will help prevent "arcing"

Ranger
08-10-11, 10:42 PM
Good advice, but be advised that there is a mounting bolt on the back side of the ICM that you'll need to use the Braille method to remove and reinstall.

nash8
08-11-11, 12:15 AM
Aight cool, I didn't think there was anything more to it than that. Just figured I would double check so I didn't run into any suprises.

Submariner409
08-11-11, 09:41 AM
Use this to make sure all the plug wires are connected correctly - it's important - Google "waste spark ignition" to find out why.

nash8
08-11-11, 12:51 PM
Cool, thanks sub, I found that diagram the other day in another thread, but I didn't save the link. Saved me some time searching for it again.