: Why Cadillac?

majax
10-21-04, 10:26 PM
I will post why I like Cadillac myself later, I kinda would like to use all your opinions to help form mine.

Why do you like Cadillac over all of the competition? BMW makes some great cars and you cannot deny it they got some great craftmanship and style. Lexus has some great reliablity etc.

I am not trying to say at all I dont like Cadi, probably wouldn't want anything else, maybe Audi or Acura.

Adam
10-21-04, 11:31 PM
i have always liked Cadillac. just something about them that makes them special. it must be the symbol. either that or it was the big cars. style, the way they ride (rode). luxury beyond compare.

Ralph
10-21-04, 11:35 PM
Prestige
Quality
Safety
Luxury
Status
Smooth ride
Power
Superior technology
103 year tradition and heritage
JD Power quality ranking only after Lexus (presently #2)
I would rather support the American economy than the German or Japanese economy!

bbrock81
10-22-04, 12:07 AM
:yeah:

Night Wolf
10-22-04, 02:15 AM
Well, i need to get to sleep, I'll type up more reasons tomorrow...

...simply, I like luxury cars... but I really like American luxury cars... and out of all American luxury cars, I like Cadillac...

many, many reasons... no time right now (need to get to sleep :) )

majax
10-22-04, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys,

I really like Cadi, just some stupid little things are wrong with the STS that in short bug me :crying: (they can be fixed I guess). I cannot really complain much about the car, I like it! I guess it is that when my friend disses my car pretty much and blabs about how great German cars are and all it kinda pisses me off and gives me doubts about Cadillac.

Ralph
10-22-04, 11:18 PM
when my friend disses my car pretty much and blabs about how great German cars are and all it kinda pisses me off and gives me doubts about Cadillac.

The next time he does that why don't you show him my FAVORITE link. :D

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/mlclass.php

Jesda
10-22-04, 11:33 PM
Why might my next car be a CTS?

Its bold.

I detest cars designed to please the lowest common denominator: all the politically-correct ninnies who wouldn't know style and performance if a Ferrari ran them over at 150mph.

The CTS has a cool, polarizing boldness to it. It says "screw you all, I do what I want" kind of like me.

majax
10-23-04, 03:46 AM
The next time he does that why don't you show him my FAVORITE link. :D

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/mlclass.php

The link doesn't work Ralph.

Ralph
10-23-04, 03:56 AM
The link doesn't work Ralph.

Are you sure? Double click it. It worked for me even from where you quoted me and I test them right after I post. :hmm:

majax
10-23-04, 04:10 AM
I did www.mereceds-benz-usa.com and got something Ill be lookin over, give me a few.

Ralph
10-23-04, 04:12 AM
I did www.mereceds-benz-usa.com and got something Ill be lookin over, give me a few.

I got a "Bad Gateway" when I tried this.

majax
10-23-04, 04:12 AM
Wow, you know I have never found a site dedicated to voicing complaints about Cadillac reliability. None the less my friend would denie it. he is a VW lover.

Ralph
10-23-04, 04:16 AM
Wow, you know I have never found a site dedicated to voicing complaints about Cadillac reliability. None the less my friend would denie it. he is a VW lover.

He can't deny that site. It is the official MB Consumer warning site written by PO'd Benz owners who WISH they bought a Cadillac!

VW is crap right now, they are near the very bottom of JD POWER along with Kia and Land Rover, etc. I know a couple of VW owners and they say the older ones were better.

There are some interesting sites for BMW also.

majax
10-23-04, 04:22 AM
HAHAhaha it would so piss him off. The bugs ran for ever and still do thats for sure. As for BMW since one could get a 7 series from like '99 for 20k me and my dad looked into them. Well I found one place where the complaints were in the 10's of thousands of dolars. One guy had his in the shop for 4 months with a total of $45,000(american).

Thanks for curing my little case of the doubts.

El Dobro
10-23-04, 10:55 AM
After checking out the Mercedes site, my Caddy just keeps looking better. LOL

D-town lac
10-23-04, 10:04 PM
the quality of german cars really fell off the past few years. i personally think lexus has the best built car but they are $$$ even used and are kind of bland cadillacs have a good mix of style,quality,and value. i would get one a couple years old though and let someone else take the giant price hit.

majax
10-24-04, 06:13 PM
I like Lexus to sorta just their styling seems to awkward and they always have a model that looks like a glorafied Camry.

bbrock81
10-24-04, 06:24 PM
the quality of german cars really fell off the past few years. i personally think lexus has the best built car but they are $$$ even used and are kind of bland cadillacs have a good mix of style,quality,and value. i would get one a couple years old though and let someone else take the giant price hit.

I agree that Lexus does have about the best build quality, but the problem is that they are all such boring, ugly cars. I guess I don't mind the RX so much, but the SRX is much better looking. Besides, they're all basically glorified Toyotas anyway...there's something that bugs me about paying tons of extra money for a gussied up Camry... :hmm:

majax
10-25-04, 01:13 AM
cadillacs use to be glorified Chevrolets lol. Not anymore though. Maybe Toyotas are just downgraded Lexuses ;).

Jesda
10-25-04, 03:50 AM
Ugh. See the Autoweek comparo of the S430 and Phaeton. The S430 broke down twice and finally was hauled off on a flatbed.

an01sts
10-25-04, 03:58 AM
As a Cadillac and Lexus tech, I would test drive one then the other, back and forth. When one sits there at the computer seat and bark good or bad about either one, I question whether or not the source is legitimat--somone who has or have driven both, one right after the other--or they just talking as if they know?

My user name ought to tell you what I think about Lexus. They are simply not the car as a Cadillac. Go ahead: Drive 6 different cars a day. Drive a Cadillac, then the Lexus, and alternate that order. Make sure that you're correct, and do it 5 days a week. If you think that the Lexus is the better car, you don't share the ideals as the group here. As a result, maybe the person who perferes Lexus should find a Lexus board, where like interests are shared. After all, you won't find me at a Lexus board--if there is such a thing--knocking Lexus and trying to convince them that Cadillac is the better car. To be more objective, you really cannot compare the cars because they are quite diffrent, and the LS 400 isn't even close to the STS in any way, shape, or form. A Honda, or a Toyota would be a better cantidates on which to compare.

I am a board member at Frist Generation Firebird because I have a 69. I love old firebirds, especailly the 69. Even at that board, where we share interest in like cars, if a Firbird owner asked me to compare which car was better, I'd say my Cadillac

Ralph
10-25-04, 04:21 AM
As a Cadillac and Lexus tech, I would test drive one then the other, back and forth. When one sits there at the computer seat and bark good or bad about either one, I question whether or not the source is legitimat--somone who has or have driven both, one right after the other--or they just talking as if they know?

My user name ought to tell you what I think about Lexus. They are simply not the car as a Cadillac. Go ahead: Drive 6 different cars a day. Drive a Cadillac, then the Lexus, and alternate that order. Make sure that you're correct, and do it 5 days a week. If you think that the Lexus is the better car, you don't share the ideals as the group here. As a result, maybe the person who perferes Lexus should find a Lexus board, where like interests are shared. After all, you won't find me at a Lexus board--if there is such a thing--knocking Lexus and trying to convince them that Cadillac is the better car. To be more objective, you really cannot compare the cars because they are quite diffrent, and the LS 400 isn't even close to the STS in any way, shape, or form. A Honda, or a Toyota would be a better cantidates on which to compare.

I am a board member at Frist Generation Firebird because I have a 69. I love old firebirds, especailly the 69. Even at that board, where we share interest in like cars, if a Firbird owner asked me to compare which car was better, I'd say my Cadillac

Agreed! But I want to know WHY you think Cadillac is better. :thumbsup:

For example, what stands out with your Cadillac that Lexus lacks, etc.

barge master
10-25-04, 07:22 AM
My tastes tend to run more in the vein of the archaic and obsolete, but I have gotten to put my hands on a variety of cars over the years. It would be hard to make the argument that the Jap and German luxury cars are no good. I guess the worst thing that could be said is that they cost big $$$ to fix, but when they are running well, they're nice cars.
I like the Caddy because of styling and tradition mostly. It's been the signature car of American luxury for a long time, so I guess for me, it's a matter of personal taste more than a rational fact based argument.
One irony I noticed the other day was that the lowball German luxury vehicles are a joke it seems. I had to do some minor work on a small Mercedes SUV, an ML I believe. That thing was obviously to impress the neighbors and little else. Very cheap feeling interior, and very rattly for only 50,000 miles. Worst thing is , I can imagine what it still cost just for the name.

Ralph
10-25-04, 04:58 PM
It would be hard to make the argument that the Jap and German luxury cars are no good.

I think they are good cars and have been in the past. It is just that they seem to be having problems presently and in the past while. I popped into the Benz dealership today (as well as Cadillac and Acura) to get some free brochures and I asked another salesman my question. "Isn't it true that MB has been having some electrical problems lately?" The salesman reply, "Yes, there have been some problems." He went on to explain that for example, the current C Class was out in Europe for 8 months BEFORE it hit the NA market, therefore most of the bugs were worked out. The same cannot be said for the E class which was released in NA about the same time as Europe, so they had problems. He also referenced that because the M-Class suv was made in the U.S. THAT'S why they had a LOT of bugs and problems?! I guess it's easier to blame the myth that Americans cannot make a car as good as a German! I should have asked him to explain Cadillacs success then I suppose. :D

p.s. they had a turbo-diesel E class for $92,000 in the showroom. Looks nice in silver!! It probably gets terrific gas mileage but I can buy 2 CTS's for that!