: Cadillac Premium Care

aaw8491
08-09-11, 05:18 PM
I am curious why Cadillac even offers the Premium Care with the new 2011 models. If you happen to be a low mileage user/owner of the new 2011's, Cadillac will never have to provide you with their Premium Service. The Premium Service will only be preformed when the engine oil life monitor displays 20%. Cadillac requires the oil be changed every 12 months regardless of the what the oil life monitor displays to keep the warranty in force. Sort of a "gottcha" offered by Cadillac. I expected more.

Submariner409
08-09-11, 06:31 PM
WTF ??? What does this have to do with "Site news and feedback........" ?

Maybe up in Item Specific, in Cadillac Corporate.............. ??

(You should always change the oil/filter at least once a year - regardless of mileage - even if it was 500 miles.)
The national driving average is right about 12,500 miles/year, and that's where the majority rules...........

drewsdeville
08-09-11, 07:05 PM
WTF ??? What does this have to do with "Site news and feedback........" ?

Damn, bro - nice. I can't post this enough, but it's suitable so often. You really are prime example. :
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rabx3yUjSmU/TVrMPMD4dkI/AAAAAAAAIfg/ylCaBZusfQM/s1600/senile-agitation-control.jpg.jpeg

If you couldn't figure it out, it should be pretty clear by his post count that he's quite new and probably made a mistake. Don't worry, he's not out to get you by intentionally posting this in the wrong section. Surely a moderator will end up finding this and politely correct him.

But yes, OP, if what you say is true, I agree. Rather than a single percentage limit, it would also make sense to add a 12 month time limit (20% OR 12 months, whichever comes first) so everyone has an opportunity to participate.

aaw8491
08-09-11, 07:06 PM
(You should always change the oil/filter at least once a year - regardless of mileage - even if it was 500 miles.)

I know. That's the point. So what good is the "Premium Service" to someone like me? None. Too bad you not very courteous either. You post like one of those rude crude dudes from Cadillac to a paying customer. Paying customers are what creates jobs. That is the reason Lexus, Infinity and Acura are going to put Cadillac and GM out of business.

JimmyH
08-09-11, 07:50 PM
ibtl

brandondeleo
08-09-11, 08:00 PM
Cadillac will find any way in its power to make money off of you after you purchase a car, no matter what it has to do. It's a corporation, after all.

...and Drew, sounds like Sub409 isn't the only one who needs Thorazine. Lol.

JimmyH
08-09-11, 08:08 PM
capitalism?

brandondeleo
08-09-11, 08:09 PM
capitalism?ftw!!!

gary88
08-09-11, 09:07 PM
BMW has had this for awhile, normal oil intervals are around 13,000-14,000 miles until you can get it changed for free under warranty, but there's a low-mieage exception where you can still get one for free if it's been a year since your last one and you haven't hit the interval yet.

orconn
08-09-11, 09:15 PM
BMW has had this for awhile, normal oil intervals are around 13,000-14,000 miles until you can get it changed for free under warranty, but there's a low-mieage exception where you can still get one for free if it's been a year since your last one and you haven't hit the interval yet.

My '02 Mercedes came with the same service deal "once a year" or whatever the specified mileage I don't remember. I do remember only synthetic oil could used to keep the warrranty in effect.

JimmyH
08-09-11, 09:32 PM
I drive about 2000 miles/month. That's roughly 5 oil changes per year. $350/year isn't gonna break me. I waste 10x that much money every year :D

77CDV
08-09-11, 10:01 PM
Gimickly gimicks are gimicky.

aaw8491
08-09-11, 10:54 PM
Gimickly gimicks are gimicky.

Sad as Cadillac doesn't think it's a gimick until after you purchase the vehicle. They compare themselves to the top line European makers until it's time to deliver.

Destroyer
08-09-11, 10:58 PM

I know. That's the point. So what good is the "Premium Service" to someone like me? None. Too bad you not very courteous either. You post like one of those rude crude dudes from Cadillac to a paying customer. Paying customers are what creates jobs. That is the reason Lexus, Infinity and Acura are going to put Cadillac and GM out of business.Shit, HYUNDAI is even gonna have a part in that. :)

aaw8491
08-10-11, 12:41 AM
capitalism?

I must have the wrong impression of Capitalism. Better product, better service, not best at ripping off a customer that won't return for another purchase. :-(

The oldest son has been a GM man, but just drove up in a brand new 2012 Mustang. The '12 'stang has things the Caddy Premium doesn't even have. GM/Cadillac, you're behind the times and behind the curve on how to treat your customers.

aaw8491
08-16-11, 12:47 PM
I am curious why Cadillac even offers the Premium Care with the new 2011 models. If you happen to be a low mileage user/owner of the new 2011's, Cadillac will never have to provide you with their Premium Service. The Premium Service will only be preformed when the engine oil life monitor displays 20%. Cadillac requires the oil be changed every 12 months regardless of the what the oil life monitor displays to keep the warranty in force. Sort of a "gottcha" offered by Cadillac. I expected more.

I talked to an executive assistant to Mr. Daniel Akerson (CEO of GM) earlier this morning. I explained my position to him about low mileage owners. He was “coy“ with me about understanding or knowing what “Cadillac Premium Care“ was. When he started to explain to me how it worked only using the Oil Life Monitoring system, I asked him if he cared. Instead of him saying yes, he began to explain how the "Premium Care" (what a joke and as if I hadn't already hashed this out with Cadillac Customer Service). Don't buy anything GM. They do not care at all. You are wasting your money. The Japanese will listen and do anything reasonable. Looks like GM didn't learn a thing and the "bail out" was a waste of my tax payer money.

JimmyH
08-17-11, 03:54 PM
The Japanese will listen and do anything reasonable.

Wrong. I have owned plenty of Japanese cars. Nissan Honda and Toyota are at the bottom of the rankings of customer satisfaction for a reason.

mberisha
08-17-11, 03:57 PM
Wrong. I have owned plenty of Japanese cars. Nissan Honda and Toyota are at the bottom of the rankings of customer satisfaction for a reason.

No kidding.....they don't even speak English....can't hear a WORD you are saying......

orconn
08-17-11, 04:01 PM
I find that the German car service people are least likely to listen to your problems and complaints with your car. It's always "What did you do to our car?!"

JimmyH
08-17-11, 04:05 PM
Nissan is horrible. My family has bought alot of them, only because my mom knows the owner of the dealer. Without him, they would have been snubbed alot at the dealership.

M5eater
08-17-11, 10:08 PM
is it 20%? I thought it was 15%.. I'll have to read the contract, as I could probally live with 20% as long as they're using Mobil 1... my loaners have had quaker state reminder stickers in the windshield.

aaw8491
08-21-11, 07:03 PM
is it 20%? I thought it was 15%.. I'll have to read the contract, as I could probally live with 20% as long as they're using Mobil 1... my loaners have had quaker state reminder stickers in the windshield.

It will take the the wife and I 19,000 miles and 21 months to get the oil life monitor to 20%. I paid to have the oil changed on the '09 CTS every 6 months and the oil life monitor was below 80% only once and that was when we took it on a 6000 mile trip. We just put 400 miles on the 2011 CTS and the oil life monitor system just barely went down 2%.

aaw8491
08-21-11, 07:10 PM
Nissan is horrible. My family has bought alot of them, only because my mom knows the owner of the dealer. Without him, they would have been snubbed alot at the dealership.

That's odd because down here were "everyone" is 100% more "patriotic", better than half the new vehicles sold are Japanese. The belief is the Japanese products and service are 100% better than the Big 3. (I'm being sarcastic)

M5eater
08-21-11, 07:17 PM
It will take the the wife and I 19,000 miles and 21 months to get the oil life monitor to 20%. I paid to have the oil changed on the '09 CTS every 6 months and the oil life monitor was below 80% only once and that was when we took it on a 6000 mile trip. We just put 400 miles on the 2011 CTS and the oil life monitor system just barely went down 2%.
My plan is; change once in between(I think currently I'm on track for 9-10K @ 15%), and then let them change it @ 15-20%, as long as they're using mobil 1. That way I get to keep fresh oil in there often, and take advantage of the premium care.