: STS owners, Please never take your cars to Goodyear!!

1_bad_cad
08-09-11, 03:30 PM
I had to totally write this telephone experience in. I just got off the phone with an older gentleman from Goodyear. I called up to ask about the price of a front wheel alignment on my 2005 Cadillac STS. I told him that I went to Firestone earlier in the day and was told that they couldn't properly perform the alignment on my car because they did not have the GM camber adjusting tool needed for the alignment. I was absolutely understandable with that outcome and decided to look elsewhere. I told the gentleman from GY that I didn't want to drive to the service center if they didn't have the tool there. He then proceeded to tell me that my car doesn't need that tool because it is "just a Cadillac and not a BMW." He then proceeded to insult my intelligence by telling me 15 times that the car is FWD and not RWD. I told him 15 times that the car is the first year model of the RWD STS. I told him that he needs to call up Cadillac and ask them about their STS' that they made and then he needs to find a new job because he is clueless. So please stay away from atleast that Goodyear!

ancuster
08-09-11, 08:41 PM
That has happened to me before but at discount tire. Also, I went to a mechanic to get my car worked on and the service guy kept telling me I had a northstar motor like I've never heard of that name before. It can be very annoying how ignorant people can be when it comes to us knowing our own cars.

1_bad_cad
08-10-11, 01:57 AM
That has happened to me before but at discount tire. Also, I went to a mechanic to get my car worked on and the service guy kept telling me I had a northstar motor like I've never heard of that name before. It can be very annoying how ignorant people can be when it comes to us knowing our own cars.
Yea, after calling about 5 different places and every customer service agent either being absolutely clueless or not having the part, I had to just give up for the day. Better luck tomorrow but he really ticked me off when he said that it was "just a Cadillac and not a BMW." I felt like jumping through the phone and ripping him a new one.

simpsonia
08-10-11, 02:23 AM
"just a Cadillac and not a BMW."

That alone would have ticked me off!!!!

Lifer
08-10-11, 11:50 AM
Goodyear in Coppell, TX on Denton Tap Rd did a full re-alignment on my 06 STS 2 years ago. They aligned the front and rear. Car runs straight and true. Before, with the factory alignment it ate my front tires.

malatu
08-10-11, 03:52 PM
That alone would have ticked me off!!!!

Over the years I've learned not to take myself too seriously! Take it to the dealership if you don't want to deal with folks who are uneducated about your particular car.

ddavis75007
08-10-11, 04:51 PM
I stopped going to my favorite Goodyear store in Carrollton, TX at Hebron and 121 after I discovered after a day or two later that they had broken my right fog light assembly while replacing the radiator on my 2000 Deville DTS. I traded it in June of last year for my 2009 STS N* RWD.

Greg00coupe
08-10-11, 09:53 PM
Thus the problem with service if it be a car situation or going out to a restaurant. Very inconsistent results. All depends who you run into on a particular day.

1_bad_cad
08-12-11, 01:08 PM
Thus the problem with service if it be a car situation or going out to a restaurant. Very inconsistent results. All depends who you run into on a particular day. Yea this guy must've been having a bad day and he is lucky I didn't make it worse. I work in the restaurant industry and I know you always have to wear a smile even if its fake. He on the other hand forgot to do that.

AnderbrA
08-12-11, 04:21 PM
Dont forget the. "Cadillac......CTS right?" Anytime you take your STS in for something when they try to look it up. Bout slapped a few folks because of it. Let alone the goofy looks you get when you say it is RWD.

1_bad_cad
08-12-11, 05:39 PM
Dont forget the. "Cadillac......CTS right?" Anytime you take your STS in for something when they try to look it up. Bout slapped a few folks because of it. Let alone the goofy looks you get when you say it is RWD.
Haha the guy did ask a few times about that as well. Are you sure it's not a CTS?? A CTS?? A CTS?? lol

cadillac_tech
08-19-11, 01:36 AM
1_bad_cad , how much effort would be saved if you rolled into the Dealer and said my car has a problem with.....got an alignment, got good advice, and left? Why would the price of an alignment matter (as stated in the phone call to Goodyear) when you're calling the wrong shop?

1_bad_cad
08-19-11, 01:20 PM
1_bad_cad , how much effort would be saved if you rolled into the Dealer and said my car has a problem with.....got an alignment, got good advice, and left? Why would the price of an alignment matter (as stated in the phone call to Goodyear) when you're calling the wrong shop?

My car did go to the dealership and I told them the car was bearing to the left, hoping they would find something that the extended warranty would cover bc my warranty doesn't cover alignments. So instead of them finding the alignment was bad, they just told me that my tire needed more air. You take your car to a dealership expecting to get the right answers and they tell me that its just my tire pressure, meanwhile my toe was way off. There is a recession right now and not everyone can afford to pay $200 for an alignment at a dealership. I took it to another goodyear that got my car back to factory specifications for just $65. So apparently you're gonna deal with idiots no matter where you go and some places just charge you more for the bad diagnosis.

RippyPartsDept
08-19-11, 01:46 PM
front end alignment at our dealership costs $75 ... not sure why your dealer wants $200 ... maybe try another dealer? how many GM dealers are there near you? (and what brands?)

1_bad_cad
08-19-11, 03:52 PM
Well it doesn't matter now because I still only paid $65 and I have a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on the alignment. I'm sure the Cadillac dealerships around here don't come close to $65. There are a few dealerships around here, maybe I'll call a few next time but i'm sure the prices are all similar.

RippyPartsDept
08-19-11, 05:11 PM
i was just saying... $200 is outrageous for an alignment

1_bad_cad
08-19-11, 05:35 PM
well that was actually their sale price for a 4 wheel alignment but i'm sure it would've been half the price for half the wheels if not a little more

RippyPartsDept
08-19-11, 06:20 PM
four wheel alignment costs $150 here, so i guess depending on what the prices are like in your local area that could be an okay price (depending on what their normal price was)

did you tell them that you didn't want an alignment up front because you knew you would have to pay for it, or did you simply ask them to figure out what was wrong?

z06bigbird
08-21-11, 02:57 AM
Let's see now. You make his day worse for him. He immediately makes your day better by arranging for you to have free room and board at the local 'big house.' And everybody lives happily ever after!! (Except for you two.)

All because an employee of a company is not an expert on the details of your vehicle. I certainly hope your children take a different path in life, especially over something as major as a mistake about FWD or RWD on your vehicle. Hopefully, you will forgive me for being sarcastic and not make my day "even worse."

Signed, a friend of Mr. Rogers.

1_bad_cad
08-22-11, 12:28 AM
Let's see now. You make his day worse for him. He immediately makes your day better by arranging for you to have free room and board at the local 'big house.' And everybody lives happily ever after!! (Except for you two.)

All because an employee of a company is not an expert on the details of your vehicle. I certainly hope your children take a different path in life, especially over something as major as a mistake about FWD or RWD on your vehicle. Hopefully, you will forgive me for being sarcastic and not make my day "even worse."

Signed, a friend of Mr. Rogers.
First of all big douche, my problem isn't that he wasn't an expert on my specific vehicle but that he insisted to keep telling me that I was wrong and I'm pretty sure one of the first rules in customer service is that the customer is always right. Secondly, someone who is an employee for a corporate company or any company should never degrade any customer over the phone or in person by telling them their car is just a Cadillac and not a BMW. If that is what passes for respect and customer service, then someone is in the wrong career path. And I am also pretty sure that you wouldn't appreciate it too much if someone kept saying that your big bird z06 was a front wheel drive car. You get paid in a job to be knowledgable about the service and/or product that you are selling and like I said, he obviously is in the wrong job. So do me a favor and take your sarcasm and shove it somewhere. Thanks!

EChas3
08-22-11, 10:24 PM
All the Goodyear stores around here are independantly owned.

When you argue with an idiot, you risk acting just like them. Flakes are everywhere. Just move on.