: New bezel for memory seat buttons, part #22776754

larryk
08-09-11, 01:52 PM
The dealer just installed the new bezel that is supposed to stop the bolster from depressing
the memory seat buttons on the drivers seat. The part number is 22776754, I have attached a very poor, picture of the bezel, but you get the idea. I just picked up the car, so as of yet, I don't really know if it works...

stevec5375
08-09-11, 05:19 PM
I am not trying to hurt feelings or insult anyone, but are you folks that are having problems with the seat (or flesh) pressing on the seat memory buttons "large folks" ? I know this is treading on thin ice and I don't mean anything hurtful. I'm just trying to figure out why this bezel is necessary because I have not had this problem at all. I'm 6' and weight around 220 lbs. (All muscle, of course).

sube5186
08-09-11, 09:10 PM
Thanks for posting, larryK. I can see the difference. Looks like this one is raised enough to be even with the buttons. Keep us posted on your results.

Sube

sube5186
08-09-11, 09:22 PM
I am not trying to hurt feelings or insult anyone, but are you folks that are having problems with the seat (or flesh) pressing on the seat memory buttons "large folks" ?

I've got a few pounds and inches on you Steve. But I think it has more to do with how larger, taller people exit the vehicle. I swing my legs around and in the process depress the side of the seat cushion with my thighs as I rise.

Sube

larryk
08-10-11, 12:49 AM
Thanks for being tactfull, but I'm only 6', 213 lbs and since day one I have had the problem of it resetting the buttons upon exit...

stevec5375
08-10-11, 10:49 AM
I think I'm seeing the problem. In my case, I don't exit the vehicle like you guys do. I just climb out the window. (Just kidding). Actually, I put my left leg out and stand up passing over the seat memory buttons.