Restore 15 oz engine restorer and lubricant

Rislone 32 oz engine treatment

no stories,tales,or experinces, i kept i short
maybe i will get a few replies

ed

Submariner409
08-09-11, 02:31 PM
no stories,tales,or experinces (sic)

If you don't want the benefit of experience, then it's your money: Dump whatever you want into it.

(If you use a strong flashlight and look down into the oil fill hole is there anything you see that would cause you to dump some sort of solvent into the engine ???)

"opinions" - You drive a 1999 Eldorado - 4.6 Northstar - flat tappet cam followers - refill with 7.5 quarts of 10W-30 Shell Rotella, Chevron DELO, or Pennzoil LongLife, a WIX 51522 filter and let it go at that..............

"thoughts" on oil additives - Don't.

EDIT at 1500: Read the owner's manual. What does Cadillac say concerning oil additives ?

eldoedwardo
08-09-11, 04:22 PM
what i meant by no stories was the times when i include some of my experiences there seems to be little or no responses
so i thought if i try to just type nothing but the basics,id have more results,thank you for your response:
i am using shell rottella,botsh premium filter(kneise family)report,and shell 91 oct.for about eight months now, i just
wondered if i could treat my eldo to a better diet. i am going to put that20 oz gas treatment (we all seem to like) in the
tank cant remember its name but i know it on sight
thanks for the info

Submariner409
08-09-11, 04:27 PM
Chevron TECHRON.

Have a safe trip...................

Ranger
08-09-11, 10:32 PM
CD-2chemical 15 oz oil detergent cleaner

Restore 15 oz engine restorer and lubricant

Rislone 32 oz engine treatment
None of the above. Don't put any snake oil in the crankcase. It is not needed. Regular motor oil has all the additives that are needed. You are already treating it to a good diet. Enjoy the trip.

johnny kannapo
08-14-11, 02:11 PM
Putting in any fresh quality oil will clean as well as any of those mentioned products over the interval duration.

Pre-change flush type additives are harsh on seals & additives that claim to enhance the oil over the change interval actually only change the balance & dilute of an already very well formulated oil.

Robertsong
08-15-11, 01:50 PM
Hi Sub409 - I have been reading this forum for a couple of years now, and I don't seem to remember or recall the discussion on Chevron TECHRON. Is this just a good maintenance or for some specific reason? My '94 keeps rolling right along, but if I can help it more than just those regular oil changes, what the heck! Appreciate your direction to discussion or inputs
Robertsong

Submariner409
08-16-11, 10:25 AM
I don't seem to remember or recall the discussion on Chevron TECHRON.

Chevron TECHRON has been beat to death in here, Seville and Deville. It usually comes up in questions concerning improper fuel gauge tank level readings (sulfur on the variable resistor) or questions concerning dumping various additives into the fuel tank to clear up any number of gremlins.

TECHRON is a detergent component of Top Tier gasoline - Google "top tier" to do some snooping. While the stuff is a powerful fuel system cleaner it is recommended for concentrated use only once in 3,000 to 5,000 miles - that's a 20 oz. jug into a 18 gallon tank. Otherwise, if you run a Top Tier fuel, there's no need to spend the extra money - it's already in the gas. For most of us, that's Chevron, Shell, Texaco, or EXXON fuels. There are other regional distributors. (.......and remember - the ethanol in E10 is a powerful detergent also.)

I'm not sure just what magic gasoline you folks are required to run in CA, so you might do some searching in the CARB sites, too.