: 2007 Escalade ESV Rear Hatch Issue

kaaehna
08-08-11, 06:39 PM
The rear hatch on my Escalade opens about 12 inches and then closes again. If I force it open and hold it at the highest position and press the button on the rear door it will catch and the motor will bring it down slowly and close it as normal. If I don't hit the button and just let it go (after I've forced it up) it slams shut. It will not stay open by itself. I have tried the button by the sunroof, the button on the handle, the button on the door itself and the button on the remote, no matter which one is pressed it only opens about 12 inches and the the motor reverses and it closes. It's like it is off track. At first I thought the lift supports were the problem but since it will go down slowly from the top if I press the button on the door it makes me think that is not the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-10-11, 03:51 PM
kaaehna,

It is possible that the pinch feature is being detected by mistake. Have you consulted with your dealership to confirm the issue?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

laitsabr
04-29-12, 02:22 AM
My 2011 just started having this exact same problem this evening. How did you resolve it and what was the cause?

cadmanchris
04-29-12, 12:18 PM
Make sure the rear hatch pistons are not leaking. Also, there have been harness issues up in the headliner.

hcvone
04-30-12, 07:29 AM
The two strut supports maybe shot, they only last so long, so what you are saying when you turn the auto opening off and open it manually the rear lift gate will not stay up?

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-30-12, 12:36 PM
Hi laitsabr,

I see the community is already chiming in with helpful feedback, and please feel free to email me anytime (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you would like further assistance. I look forward to reading your updates and your response to hcvone's great, clarifying question!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service