: Possible new mobile system for CadillacOwners.com

Lord Cadillac
08-08-11, 02:27 PM
Go to macrumors.com with a cell phone, iPad, whatever - then browse the forums and let me know what you think. You may even want to create an account to see how it works. Please leave input here...

Thank you...

JimmyH
08-08-11, 04:19 PM
I went there, and registered, and on my iphone, I get the full site. Not a mobile skin of any kind.

I was browsing their faq forum, and it looks like some folks there were complaining about the mobile skin. And they are running vb3 anyway?

Lord Cadillac
08-08-11, 05:02 PM
Strange. I'm on the iPhone and I get the mobile site... Anyone else?

Yes, I believe they're running vB3...

JimmyH
08-08-11, 05:14 PM
aha, first time I typed forums.macrumors.com
this time I hit the home page first, and now I get the mobile skin.

Looks good. I still like tapatalk better. I still can't figure out how to edit a post in tapatalk.

RippyPartsDept
08-08-11, 05:15 PM
i got the mobile site (at the bottom of the page it offered to switch me to the regular site)

but as for the mobile interface it seems pretty good... i didn't get fully into the forums tho

11k active users... interesting

i agree with jimmy tho, tapatalk is great

JimmyH
08-08-11, 05:23 PM
they must have one helluva server

RippyPartsDept
08-08-11, 06:03 PM
Yeah, i'm sure ... rumors are big in the mac community and macrumors.com has been a registered domain since the year 2000

and ever since they got rid of iBooks and switched to the macbook laptops AND the iphone and ipad .... the pool of interested parties has just continued to grow and grow