Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Source for engine internal parts?

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  maeng9981 
#1 ·
I must have torqued them too much, I found them broke in half. I need two new bolts and possibly the bearing itself.

I want to find the correct parts before I open up the valve cover. Any suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Junkyard. Follow the service manual torque sequence. The cam bearing caps are CNC line bored - if that one's cracked, you may be able to get away with another from the same year, engine, head.

Is this the 99 Deville ???? (EDIT at 08-09-0845: Yeah, the 2000: now I see the cam lobe offset in relation to the valve springs and roller cam followers.)

If no joy in a junkyard, talk to Chris in Rippy Cadillac parts - ^^^ Vendors.

#4 ·
This is for the 2000 Seville, weird noise was coming from the front cam cover so I tried to inspect where it was coming from. The bearing cap was out of place and was hitting the chains. Half of the bolt found resting on the head and removed with the magnet stick. Still have to open up the cam cover to remove the bearing cap...

I will try the junkyard. Last time I had a hard time looking for a Northstar Cadillac, or even a Cadillac in there. All I could find was like three or four cars with 4.5 & 4.9.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.