: Light Sensor for Navigation and Headlight/Dash Lights.

Toddstun
08-08-11, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,

I am still learning this Escalade and want to see if someone has a solution to this problem. My 07 Escalade must be an early bird and I am a night owl. She seems to think it is night at around 430 pm. My navi screen turns to night mode and my dash(gauges) dim. Every other car I have had with nav I could work around this with either turning the nav back to day manually(and off of auto mode) or via the dash light knob. Anybody know how I can have brighter dash lights? The daylight almost drowns them out.

Appreciate any advice.

hcvone
08-08-11, 08:31 AM
This is a common problem I had with my 2007's, and in the winter the lights would never turn off in the mountains, they must have done something because my 08', 09' and newer trucks all act as they should, and not like my (3) 07's did. :)

Toddstun
08-08-11, 09:25 AM
ugh. I guess I'll have to tape a flashlight to the light sensor. lol Thanks for the input though.

MrHolland
08-08-11, 10:52 AM
Probably something youve already thought of, but is the sensor dirty?? Is that even a possibility??

Toddstun
08-08-11, 12:36 PM
That's a good point. I haven't really checked. I know the windshield is not dirty but I am not sure if this sensor is near the rear view mirror with the rain-sensing wiper sensor or the little black binker looking sensor on the dash. I will clean both and see if it helps. Thanks!

hcvone
08-08-11, 01:02 PM
I will try to look up the part numbers from the 07' and a 10' to see what the difference is when I get in the office next week

BadgerKatt
10-26-11, 09:49 PM
I have the same problem with my SRX. I thought the dealer might be able to calibrate it but they kept telling me it was working fine and there was nothing wrong with the sensor.