: Aftermarket Amp/Sub

Ghost Deany
08-07-11, 06:48 PM
Ive read all the threads, but all the threads seem to be from a year or older, and any picture details have been taken down. I want to put my Amp and Sub in with the factory nav and bose. Ive put in subs/amps with aftermarket radios etc., but never messed with a line output converter. 78687

In laymens instructions, which wires go where on the LC6? Im guessing the RCA output from the LC6 goto the aftermarket amp input, but what wires go into the input left right - +? and where do i get the remote in and out from?

Mha
08-07-11, 10:37 PM
I have this lc6i in my ext got it installed by a local shop. They F-ed up and used speaker sign and my kicker l7 15 blew a few days later. Both high and low signals where coming out of my sub and I didnt know. Took it back and made them fix it. They then cut into the sub signal and now it work. After they fixed it my sub whent out and had no way to blame them. But its a good product realy helps up the bass with the bass boost

Mha
08-07-11, 10:44 PM
O make sure they pull a turn on signal from the ignition. Now the lc6i unit says it doesnt need an ignition signal but if you dont yous one it will turns on your amp with any little vibration so every time you open an close the door your amp will turn on kind of sucks

Ghost Deany
08-08-11, 10:28 AM
Why were high and low signals coming out of the sub? Where did they screw up in the wiring? And what mistake in wiring would make the amp turn on by just opening the doors etc?

Mha
08-09-11, 12:14 AM
I had a cheap hifonics hfi 2000 witch doesnt have a crossover built in and at the shop all they did was tap into a normal speaker.So all the signals where getting in. so I had them tap into the oem sub and it worked. the lc6i had a feature if you read up on it thats kool kind of. With a normal hi/low adaptor you cut into the signal then you cut into the ignition so everytime you turn on your car your amp turmes on. Like I said the kool thing about the lc6i is you dont have to tap into the ignition it has a movement vibration sensor type thing that turns it on and turns iit off if not in use. Yor can go to thre website and read about it if you like. Me personaly I dont like it If you dont want this feature he booklet siad to normaly tap into the ignition.