: WEIRD>>>>MY V's MOTOR WILL NOT TURN OFF?!?!?!?! PLEASE HELP

atoler27
08-07-11, 04:12 PM
just got back from the grocery store and when i pulled in the driveway it turn the key and the whole system shut off like normal.. but the engine is still running... i stalled it out but it i will not die when the key is off... this is extremely weird... have any of you guys experienced this???? what could be causing this

50 4Ever
08-07-11, 04:24 PM
That's a new one....

atoler27
08-07-11, 04:28 PM
yeah... i tell you... im fairly knowledgable with cars especially ours... but.... this is just baffling me the car doesn't diesel or anything it just runs fine... i can drive it around or anything all of the dash is off and everything but the motor is just chugging along just fine... the ol girl just doenst wanna stop runnin..

CadzillaTN
08-07-11, 04:54 PM
Disconnect the battery.

atoler27
08-07-11, 05:11 PM
guys well i just went out there and started it and turned it off and the engines shut off as it should... i think that she was just mad at me and wanted to be driven some more... lol.. nah but i think it was the little rod in the ignition and it was stuck maybe... but idk.. im sure it will happen again..

wcryan
08-07-11, 06:43 PM
do you do any illegal drugs?

Just trying to pinpoint the issue

atoler27
08-07-11, 09:08 PM
i mean not today i didnt... lol.. i new i should have video taped it me and my wife were in the car i took the car around the block with it completely off... crazy...

DDS rollin a CTS
08-08-11, 08:15 AM
i mean not today i didnt... lol.. i new i should have video taped it me and my wife were in the car i took the car around the block with it completely off... crazy...

So did the steering wheel lock not engage as well when it was "shut off" but the engine was still running?

lollygagger8
08-08-11, 08:52 AM
They're back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIrd4172Czw

atoler27
08-08-11, 10:52 AM
It would lock with the key all the way back or out but I drove it with only only one click back....

Hahaha... Lol.... Those little bastards...