Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help with radio/system plz

840 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ail45 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Just bought a 94 fleetwood and in the middle of fixing a few issues. One of them is the factory radio turns on but no sound is coming out of it, but i do randomly get a small amount of static or something out the speakers. To my understanding, its most prob the factory amp that sits the trunk/behind the seat that went bad correct?

Now I do plan on changing the system later, but might have to do that sooner than expected seeing as I cannot stand driving with no music.

If I wanted to install a new head unit, 4 new speakers attached to a 4ch amp, and a sub w/ amp, would I need to still get the factory amp fixed, or could I bypass it somehow to not use it at all? Also how would I install the antenna to it?

Now, if I have no other option but to fix/use the factory amp, where would I be able to get one for cheap? Also, I would need this wire harness if I planned on putting an aftermarket headunit? http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-1856

Thanks, for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.