: 2007 EXT vibration

Trickey280
08-06-11, 10:34 PM
The whole truck vibrates when you go above 45-50mph. It will start off slight vibration and gradually work its way to a decent vibration then it will stop for a few seconds and the whole cycle will repeat. Soon as you slow don all is good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, the hubby works all the time so he doesn't have tons of time to look for this issue.

MrHolland
08-07-11, 12:10 AM
That type of harmonic sounds like a bad U-Joint or possibly driveshaft out of balance. Seems odd though for a 2007.

bstiffmanofsteel
08-07-11, 12:18 AM
Or an alignment!

d_v_o_1
08-07-11, 12:19 AM
I assume you are running stock 22's or 18's?

Trickey280
08-08-11, 09:21 PM
stock 22's

Trickey280
08-08-11, 09:48 PM
So we are thinking of replacing the 2 front half shafts. Is there a way to test those?

MrHolland
08-08-11, 10:24 PM
I think you have to pull the shafts to check them properly. It would be hard for me not to replace them if I removed them. All you can check while they're in the car is the rubber boots on each end that protect the CV Joints. That could cause a vibration. An out of balance driveshaft, bad u-joint or cv joint makes kind of a wavering vibration, is that what youre feeling/hearing? If so, that could be the problem but I am in no way diagnosing your problem, just speaking on my own life experiences. I wouldnt recommend using cheap shafts or joints like Autozone regardless of the warranty offered, although I do understand that is cost permitting. Goodluck and keep us posted.

Trickey280
08-10-11, 12:09 PM
My husband climbed under it to inspect the half shafts. when I shift throught the gears the drivers side was tight but the passenger side was twisting so we think we found the issue plus the tires are filled to 40 psi not 35. He is gonna replace it tonight and do the air pressure then we will know.

ggloede3
08-19-11, 02:02 PM
I had the same problem when I bought mine. I have Stock 22's and it was fine until I got on the highway. I brought it to a buddy's shop and checked the balance on the tires. Need less to say they where way off!!! Once I got the Double Deuces balanced, it drives like a caddy should drive... nice and smooth!!!