: Wiper and Washer systems

lincolncadillac
08-05-11, 08:02 PM
Plan on troubleshooting wiper and washer systems ( motor not working on my 89 and pump not working on my 90 ). Any advice before hand?

brougham
08-05-11, 10:08 PM
Start with the basics- seeing if there is actually power getting from the switch to the motor. Try grounding the motor too.

HUF
08-06-11, 02:27 AM
Plan on troubleshooting wiper and washer systems ( motor not working on my 89 and pump not working on my 90 ). Any advice before hand?
Try disconnecting/reconnecting pumps connector some 10-20 times. That's what I do to my connector when pump stops pumping. :)

lincolncadillac
08-06-11, 06:39 PM
Before i break it, How do you remove the power connector to the pump, there is a push tab but it doesnt want to disengauge and i dont want to break it.

HUF
08-06-11, 06:43 PM
Pull that tab up with a small flat screwdriver carefully and pull at the same time connector back. I do it with ine hand and without a screwdriver all the time with no problem.

lincolncadillac
08-06-11, 08:44 PM
Pull that tab up with a small flat screwdriver carefully and pull at the same time connector back. I do it with ine hand and without a screwdriver all the time with no problem.

The tab goes left or right not up or down

HUF
08-06-11, 08:53 PM
"Up" means away from the connector... You do not need a screwdriver, just pull the tab with your finger sideways and up at the same time. You are not going to break it, do not worry.
While it is off, connect a test light or voltmeter to it , turn ignition ON and activate the pump. See if there is voltage at the connector. After you see voltage , do just that connect/disconnect the connector some 10-20 times to clear contacts and you will most like be all set.

lincolncadillac
08-06-11, 09:48 PM
Thanks huff, i got it off.

Its got power going to the to the pump

to dark out now, will clean contacts tomorrow.