Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Update on '78 Deville ingniton problem.

728 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cadillac_al 
#1 ·
I had a couple threads here 2-3 weeks ago on my '78 Deville ignition lock cylinder problem.
Turns out it was the ignition "switch",located deeper in the steering column.
Had my trusted mechanic do the work---cost $95---$16 for the new switch,$79 labor.
I brought in the scanned info of the entire procedure,courtesy of Cadillac Al,and they did use it to figure out all the telescopic wheel stuff.
I thought he would replace the lock cylinder while in there,but he left the original one in.Works great now!
Thanks to all who chimed in!

#2 ·
i replaced that switch on my 69 cadillac...it's not an easy job...took me a few tries to get it right. you have to line up the switch and the key just right so they will match eachother. also, it's pretty tight space down there on top of the steering column. lol

#4 ·
I certainly will.I also help his business by posting good reviews online,word of mouth, and also let MEINEKE corporate know of their great work,which helps him receive gold/platinum awards each year.His name is Bob Cilley,owner of our local Meineke care care center here in Wyoming,Michigan.Each Meineke center is rated by corporate each year and based on how many positive/negative reviews they get as well as how much profit/business they do,determines the level of award.He`s got a wall full of gold and platinum awards in his office so it`s obvious he`s doing well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.