: 1995 Fleetwood starting problem ...

BIGBODYBEAR
08-04-11, 05:17 PM
a couple of days ago my car was starting fine no problem ac was blowing cold & then yesterday when i tried to turn the key the engine stayed turning more than usual , i had to turn the key 2 more times before the car turned on & when it was on, the check engine light was on. i then turned on the ac & the compressor didnt kick , only the blower was blowing regular air , the car drove fine like a cloud , wasnt shaking or misfiring or anything like that , i got to work & turned off the car & turned the key & the engine turned for a few seconds before it turned on . i tried the ac again & still no cold air just blowing air , i turned it off again & then turned the key again & it turned fine like normal with no problem & then i turned the on ac & the compressor kicked on & blew cold air again , it was that same process again today car ran fine & all till i got home & i turned they key again & the car would turn on & then off immediately & & turned on & then off immediately ...

also when the car was on i did notice that the ac cooling fan was on when the ac was off , i dont now if that has anything to do with anything where

also check engine & pass key fault light could come on & off randomly & sometimes the pass key fault light would stay on for a bit after the car was turned off

the car runs fine with no problems when the car was on

i have changed the spark plugs & wires a few months ago , i changed the starter & its turning fine , the pass key fault was already bypassed when i bought the car , i changed the fuel filter too & water pump

i have never changed the fuel pump or any sensors , i dont know why the compressor clutch also was affected when this all started

if this has happend to anyone here or know a solution i would greatly appreciate it , thank you for taking your time to read this...

HUF
08-04-11, 10:02 PM
Too many problems and all electrical. Check and recheck your battery connections. Whenever Service Engine light is on, the computer will turn the fans on. You should have trouble codes strorred. Write them down. If you do not know how to get the codes, watch the video clip in this thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/173800-rwd-faq-tech-info.html

MoistCabbage
08-05-11, 02:22 AM
Whenever Service Engine light is on, the computer will turn the fans on.

Why would the fans come on because a code is set?

Here are instructions on pulling codes:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/138258-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

There is also a link on ^^that^^ page with code definitions. Make sure to post the definitions along with the codes.

BIGBODYBEAR
08-05-11, 07:28 AM
i did that & got a "-00"

it doesnt show in the list tho

HUF
08-05-11, 08:35 AM
I said service engine light not a code. Not every code turns the light on. The fans come on as a preventive measure.

HUF
08-05-11, 08:37 AM

Here are instructions on pulling codes:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/138258-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

There is also a link on ^^that^^ page with code definitions. Make sure to post the definitions along with the codes.
The instructions you have posted will not work on 1995 Fleetwoods.

HUF
08-05-11, 08:39 AM
i did that & got a "-00"

it doesnt show in the list tho
Looks like you did not watch the video clip mentioned in my first reply.

BIGBODYBEAR
08-05-11, 06:37 PM
just got back from the mechanic , coolant from what looks like a throttlebody seal is leaking on the opti-spark , just to be sure im replacing the opti & changing the seals on the throttle body.

i couldnt watch the video clip from my phone but i will when i get home

thanks for the info tho guys i really appreciate it

SDCaddyLacky
08-05-11, 10:01 PM
That will do it. Anytime their is hard starting on these Fleetwoods it's usually either fuel related issues or that damn Opti.

MoistCabbage
08-05-11, 10:24 PM
Sorry. Here are the Fleetwood specific instructions:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cadidiag.html#95fltwd