: what kind of offers do you get in the mail ?

ThumperPup
08-04-11, 05:09 PM
So what kind of offers do you get in the mail and do you ever go in to reaspond to them
do you get things in the mail saying you have just won a sweepstakes
or you have a chance to win 1 of 4 prices
or anything like that and do you ever reaspond to them or go in for them ?

I usualy don't i usualy just throw them away but after today im not going to do that anymore
i got something in the mail from Nick Mayers Lincoln Mercury in Cleveland area
so i went out there it said if your name is 1 of the 4 on the bottom of this card you are our monthly winter of the montly sweepstakes
could win 5.00 dollars cash 50 dollar gas card 2500 cash or a year worth of free gas
i figured ill go in they try to sell me a car i just say id like to claim my prise they give me 5 dollars because my name was one of them on the bottom and what happens i go in they sure try to sell me a car see if i want to trade mine in i told them no im not here to sell my car or trade it in or buy a new car dont wnt to waste your time test driving a car because Lincolns have sucked for atleast the last 10 years
so the sales man goes to check with his boss see what i won
i was for sure thinking id get the 5.00 cash because thats probably the scam they run to get it and what do they do they come back to me with a 50.00 shell Gas Card and say your name was picked on this
im like wow cool thanks see you next mailer LOL

OffThaHorseCEO
08-04-11, 05:15 PM
The last offer i got was a letter from some church saying come and "find god". It also said that for $14 they would send me a "gold-tone plated cross" that had been prayed over to bring the holder financial success...

naturally i bought 10

ThumperPup
08-04-11, 05:21 PM
The last offer i got was a lteer from some church saying come and "find god". It also said that for $14 they would send me a "gold-tone plated cross" that had been prayed over to bring the holder financial success...

naturally i bought 10

My girl was at the house as i was going out thismornign i saw these church going folks bible pushers i call them walking the street door to door called her and told her shut the doors close the windows turn the ac on and stay in the bedroom whent he door bell rings LOL

Stingroo
08-04-11, 05:22 PM
lol OffThaHorse. That's the most Hispanic thing I have ever heard.

Submariner409
08-04-11, 05:40 PM
TP, I must admit: you really dig deep to come up with some of this stuff.............You and everyone else knows that we all get 15X the amount of junk mail as we do legitimate U.S.Mail.

STSS
08-04-11, 05:41 PM
Imagine that, Nick Mayer sent me the same form, and I was also a WINNER! What a small world, huh?

They also said they'll give me $8000 for my 03 with 130k on it..... I keep checking the mail but the check hasn't arrived yet.... hmmmm.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-04-11, 05:43 PM
lol OffThaHorse. That's the most Hispanic thing I have ever heard.

it was in english! and it wasnt even from catholics!

my aunt did say she had bought a rosary "blessed by the pope" in spain though...really? ill sell you my car, its been blessed by the pope

ThumperPup
08-04-11, 05:51 PM
TP, I must admit: you really dig deep to come up with some of this stuff.............You and everyone else knows that we all get 15X the amount of junk mail as we do legitimate U.S.Mail.

yes we do get lots of funk mail but sometimes that junk mail is not all that junky this just shows that it does not always happen to be useless i too 20 minutes of my day went to the dealer spend 5 minutes there got a 50 dollar gas card and im happy

who knows what offers others get so i was just putting this out there excuse me if i have more time on my hands then some others do

ThumperPup
08-04-11, 05:53 PM
Imagine that, Nick Mayer sent me the same form, and I was also a WINNER! What a small world, huh?

They also said they'll give me $8000 for my 03 with 130k on it..... I keep checking the mail but the check hasn't arrived yet.... hmmmm.

yeah but the point is i went in for shure thinking that i was going to get one of those 5 dollar cash prizes they must give that to evyerone but i went in and got the 50 dollar gas card maybe you should take yours in your not that far form there

they offered me the trade in for my 2000 Seville SLS they offered me 5400

the whole point is not all junk mail offers or scams
i was suprised when he had soemthing other then a 5 dollar bill in his hand lol

Sevillian273
08-04-11, 06:05 PM
I got one of those 'Rebuild your credit" card offers from capitol one. It looked pretty good actually, until I turned over the brochure....

59.9%

:histeric:

ThumperPup
08-04-11, 06:11 PM
I got one of those 'Rebuild your credit" card offers from capitol one. It looked pretty good actually, until I turned over the brochure....

59.9%

:histeric:

wow that is bad
i got one of those about 3 years ago from a company called Credit One you could tell they where trying to knock of Capital One lol they wanted liek 50% also i think
and i was like wtf do i need this for i already have several cards from Citir bank Chase orchard bank and capital one and Amex lol

johnny kannapo
08-04-11, 06:15 PM
It's all sucker bait.

brandondeleo
08-04-11, 06:21 PM
The majority of my junk mail is credit card offers. Lol. I think Capital One has sent me more letters than anybody.

ben.gators
08-04-11, 09:25 PM
The majority of my junk mail is credit card offers. Lol. I think Capital One has sent me more letters than anybody.

Same here....:D

cadillac kevin
08-04-11, 09:44 PM
no one gives me credit card offers. they must hate me. lol
btw, TP, whats funk mail? Does some guy in a fro pop out and lay down some funky bass lines and riffs? Inquiring people want to know.

RippyPartsDept
08-04-11, 09:47 PM
i signed up on some sort of do-not-junk-mail list (like the do-not-call registry) a few years ago and it stopped a lot of nonsense ... the only stuff i get now that i don't want is the coupon pack once a month aand some random catalogs for places i bought my family gifts at... no more credit card offers or other junk

RippyPartsDept
08-04-11, 09:47 PM
btw, TP, whats funk mail? Does some guy in a fro pop out and lay down some funky bass lines and riffs? Inquiring people want to know.

funk mail is when the mail carrier farts in your mailbox ... aka stink-mail

Sevillian273
08-04-11, 10:12 PM
I get a shit-ton of Summit catalogs. Who the hell orders out of catalogs anymore? I just rip the poster out and chuck the book in the garbage. It doesnt even make it to the house!

ben.gators
08-05-11, 12:03 AM

I was receiving credit card offers from bank of America for couple of months. Finally I applied and they rejected me... :( And the funny part is after rejection they still have been sending me the offers..... :cookoo:

ThumperPup
08-05-11, 07:45 AM
I was receiving credit card offers from bank of America for couple of months. Finally I applied and they rejected me... :( And the funny part is after rejection they still have been sending me the offers..... :cookoo:

yeah its a third party that sends those out i used to work for one company that did that they will keep comming untill Bank Of American and all the 3third party leads stop comming in with your addy on there info lead list

STSS
08-05-11, 08:13 AM
but i went in and got the 50 dollar gas card maybe you should take yours in your not that far form there

The time it would take me to go there is worth more then 50 bucks.... I have this job thing that takes up most of my time. If I'm not working, I have lots of other stuff to do.

Submariner409
08-05-11, 09:27 AM
Look at a site called www.catalogchoice.org . You can stop a lot of junk mailings with it.

donniesd
08-05-11, 10:28 AM
That my Factory Warranty is or will be expiring. I get at least 3 day. For my Truck, Car and Bike. :suspect::suspect::suspect:

ThumperPup
08-05-11, 10:37 AM
That my Factory Warranty is or will be expiring. I get at least 3 day. For my Truck, Car and Bike. :suspect::suspect::suspect:

I remember dad telling me about this company that called him and said his Facorty warranty was comming up to expire soon and if he would like to keep his warranty he needed to get this one
he then said sure when threw all the paper work and all ok then the guy said oh wait i need the year and model of the car
he said sure its a 1968 Ford shelby GT350 they hung up on him lol

OffThaHorseCEO
08-05-11, 10:45 AM
i signed up on some sort of do-not-junk-mail list (like the do-not-call registry) a few years ago and it stopped a lot of nonsense ... the only stuff i get now that i don't want is the coupon pack once a month aand some random catalogs for places i bought my family gifts at... no more credit card offers or other junk

i cant remember the website but i signed up too. its an opt-out of any prescreening offers such as credit card offers or cellphone offers etc etc

It DOES stop alot of crap

now i get coupon packs which are very useful

Ranger
08-05-11, 09:25 PM
And they are always the "FINAL NOTICE". If only.

ThumperPup
08-05-11, 09:39 PM
yeah i hate that to when you always get this is your finale notice act fast then another one comes next week

orconn
08-05-11, 10:00 PM
yeah i hate that to when you always get this is your finale notice act fast then another one comes next week

Surely you are not criticizing the mendacity of American business in it's attempt to create new business?

ThumperPup
08-05-11, 10:29 PM
Surely you are not criticizing the mendacity of American business in it's attempt to create new business?

hell yeah i am aspecialy with our credit ratting threw one stupid company down to a AA+ lol