: XM....(they can't be Sirius!)

SRTVIPER03
08-04-11, 01:02 PM
Rant Warning!!!
I swear America is the only country that can screw up a service economy. I drive my 3 month old V Wagon yesterday morning and no problem with the XM radio. I get in in the afternoon and no XM radio signal. I call about the problem and after being disconnected twice (I guess the lines to India were down) they tell me I have never activated the XM radio. I don't know what I've been listening to the last 3 months but they swear it wasn't them! It turns out that my free trial expired yesterday and they shut it down without any notice. They then begin the sales pitch for $13 per month. After explaining that I have 3 other radios with Sirius that I paid $77 per year for they finally offer that. Now here's the kicker.....I listen to NASCAR and on XM I have to order the "Premium" service for $100 to get NASCAR. After expaining that on Sirius...the same company mind you....It is included in the service. They said tough at which point I was again disconnected! I called back and ended up with another guy that said NASCAR WAS included on the XM regular service. After debating what the previous adviser told me with him he finally checked and said I did have to pay extra for the same service I have in 3 other cars. By this point I had enough and didn't sign up for the service. Not only that but I cancelled the Sirius in my other cars. So instead of a new account they lost 4.
Way to go Sirius XM....I'll listen to my IPhone.

Gary Wells
08-04-11, 01:38 PM
I've got a better one than that for you. And it happened yesterday about 11:30 AM Pacific Standard time. I'm on my way to the shooting range in Huntington Beach, CA. Listening to radio, but not XM, I don't believe. Could have been. Notice on the radio screen that generally shows the station, artist, & etc. that it has a bright display showing 2 things One, an block saying ACCEPT, and next to it a block saying REJECT. I dunno, never had this happen before. I touch the pad for ACCEPT. Get what sounds like the tail end of a statement with a female voice stating "We are doing this to collect a debt". I freeze. What the heck, and do nothing. it finally goes back to the song that was playing. Freaking out over this really screwed up my afternoon shooting session, too. I get home, call On Star, they haven't a clue. They tell me that my account is squared away with them. I knew that. They connect me with XM radio. I get india. I get a nice gentleman. He says that my account is squared away with them. I know that. I asked him if he knows anything about what the voice in my head was. He again very nicely tells me that my account is squared away with the, . Oh snap.
I have no debts, I owe nobody. Anybody else have any similar experiences?

dhpro
08-04-11, 02:02 PM
So I have 5 XM radios (3 cars, 1 Home reference Polk and 1 portable). 1 of the car ones is a lifetime membership and I call to have that transferred to the V. Guy tells me its non transferable! I squawk so the manager says he'll do me a HUGE favor and make it happen for $75...I squawk some more and move farther up the chain. They continue to argue and deny until I finally get frustrated and tell them to cancel all 5 services...their tunes changed and I got my transfer with no fee. I suggested that I probably represent the 1% of their customer base that have that many radios and they need to take better care of guys like me and shouldnt have had to waste 20mins of my life to get what I asked for! No apology was offered just that I should be grateful they did me this favor...and I've been a subscriber since 04:thepan:

js615
08-04-11, 02:51 PM
Pro tip - never call the regular customer service number, unless you enjoy endless run-around from reps who are not empowered to do anything but say "I'm sorry".

Instead, call the Corporate Office of Customer Care: (877) 283-6506. Much better service.

killer67
08-04-11, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the advice...too many offshore customer service reps on the regular number (Fillipinos, I think)

thebigjimsho
08-04-11, 03:24 PM
I've had Sirius since Jan '04. My '04 V had XM. I dealt with both for a couple of years but the XM in the V was awful. Sounded awful, the signal was worse. So I let it go. Had Sirius in my Town Car and got it for my father for his work vehicle as an anniversary gift. So, for awhile, I had 2 Sirius and 1 XM account. Then they merged and didn't merge their billing. Another reason why I let the XM lapse in the V.

Then I got my '09 V and got free XM. OK. Still had Sirius in my Town Car and my father's work vehicle. Replaced my Town Car with another one this March and had a nav installed with XM instead. My father's Sirius subscription expired and I got him an XM tuner. So I'm back to 3 accounts, all with XM. I'm not having separate accounts, ever. What a ripoff...

PGA2B
08-04-11, 03:40 PM
I've got a better one than that for you. And it happened yesterday about 11:30 AM Pacific Standard time. I'm on my way to the shooting range in Huntington Beach, CA. Listening to radio, but not XM, I don't believe. Could have been. Notice on the radio screen that generally shows the station, artist, & etc. that it has a bright display showing 2 things One, an block saying ACCEPT, and next to it a block saying REJECT. I dunno, never had this happen before. I touch the pad for ACCEPT. Get what sounds like the tail end of a statement with a female voice stating "We are doing this to collect a debt". I freeze. What the heck, and do nothing. it finally goes back to the song that was playing. Freaking out over this really screwed up my afternoon shooting session, too. I get home, call On Star, they haven't a clue. They tell me that my account is squared away with them. I knew that. They connect me with XM radio. I get india. I get a nice gentleman. He says that my account is squared away with them. I know that. I asked him if he knows anything about what the voice in my head was. He again very nicely tells me that my account is squared away with the, . Oh snap.
I have no debts, I owe nobody. Anybody else have any similar experiences?

That was a phone call that did not belong to you...... Do you have your cell phone hooked to your Bluetooth in the car to connect when you start her up?

OffThaHorseCEO
08-04-11, 04:34 PM
Ok so i just wanna put this out there.

When you pay a monthly bill you pay for the radio. youve been a paying customer for x years and youve enjoyed access to radio programming for x years.

this isnt necessarily for anyone on this thread in particular, just in general about people who complain about things while saying "ive been a customer for x years and deserve x". The one most common to me is, "ive been a customer for 3 years why cant i get a new phone for free with no commitment?"

to which i reply

Ive been buying gas since i was 16, can i get a free car? or at least some free gas?

hell, to be honest, id be willing to sign a contract with a gas company at a certain rate or rate range if they bought me a car

neuronbob
08-04-11, 07:37 PM
I have been an XM subscriber since 2002. Service went down hill as soon as they sent their customer service offshore.

I'm sorry, but I do not want to talk to India when I have an issue with my service or bill.

Unfortunately, the only other option in satellite service is......there IS no other option. Whoever's idea it was to remove competition from satellite radio deserves zero profit from the XM-Sirius merger. I've already shut down one radio and am thinking about shutting down all except for my online service....with which I can just use my iPhone in the car.

Rolex
08-04-11, 11:42 PM
OP I feel your pain. I always jump in on these XM/Sirius bashing threads because my own experience was EXACTLY LIKE YOURS. The company has very poor record keeping, sketchy billing practices, shitty English-as-a-second-language outsourced customer service (that intentionally hangs up on you if they cannot answer your question....nevermind the fact you were on hold for over half an hour), very poor sound quality on their programming, and the programming is loaded with commercials.

I had XM subscriptions in the last 5 vehicles I've owned. I will NEVER subscribe again. Mark my words and take it to the bank: ROLEX says "it's a matter of time before the company is either bankrupt or out of business."

Stingroo
08-04-11, 11:50 PM
Folks:

ROLEX HAS SPOKEN!

You heard it here first.

cadillac kevin
08-05-11, 12:04 AM
this is why I just listen to free radio, cassettes, and CD's. paying for radio is stupid when its more lousy than the free radio.

brandondeleo
08-05-11, 12:08 AM
I disconnected my power antenna because it is obnoxiously tall and I never listen to the radio anyway. (Where I live there are only two stations and one of them is country :crying2:) I hardly ever use anything except CDs and the auxiliary input.

Jesda
08-05-11, 12:55 AM
I used to be a HUGE proponent of satellite radio. After the merger (and really, just before it as well) things went to the shitter. Now I have hundreds of dollars in XM hardware and equipment rotting away in my closet.

I've come to appreciate local HD radio and on road trips I bring podcasts and music.

thebigjimsho
08-05-11, 01:23 AM
I like XM/Sirius because there are times radio doesn't last long enough. Out in the great west or up and down mountains where channels come and go on every turn. I have Pandora and my iPod to stream whenever I want. However, I have this OCD thing where I like to have someone else choosing my music and much of it that I don't have. Keeps things fresh...

brandondeleo
08-05-11, 01:28 AM
BTW- I think I may be the first person to mention it- kudos on the Sirius pun. It made me groan. Lol

MacMuse
08-05-11, 06:19 PM
...I like to have someone else choosing my music and much of it that I don't have. Keeps things fresh...

yep, ditto.

I keep wandering back to smartphone apps like AOL Radio & IHeartRadio, the latter for access to Eagles Radio channel. WunderRadio is another great one that gets me access to many broadcast station's HD channels.

Rolex
08-05-11, 09:21 PM
Folks:

ROLEX HAS SPOKEN!

You heard it here first.

thebigjimsho
08-08-11, 03:17 PM
Ok so i just wanna put this out there.

When you pay a monthly bill you pay for the radio. youve been a paying customer for x years and youve enjoyed access to radio programming for x years.

this isnt necessarily for anyone on this thread in particular, just in general about people who complain about things while saying "ive been a customer for x years and deserve x". The one most common to me is, "ive been a customer for 3 years why cant i get a new phone for free with no commitment?"

to which i reply

Ive been buying gas since i was 16, can i get a free car? or at least some free gas?

hell, to be honest, id be willing to sign a contract with a gas company at a certain rate or rate range if they bought me a carWhen offers are out there for a free or discounted phone to new subscribers, while I have 2 months left before qualification on a dead phone paid to a company I've loyally given money to for 8 years, you bet I expect to get the discounted rate like the n00b turds do.