: Remote Start and Power Running Board problems 2007 ESV

jimwalston
08-04-11, 09:17 AM
My running boards are giving me problems so I lubed up the pivot points but it didn't help. I think it's an electrical issues because sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. My passenger side doesn't go down all the time and sometimes goes down when you shut the door. My driverside "usually" goes down but sometimes stays down when you shut the door.

My remote start has not been working for the last two days.

Any ideas or suggestions for a fix before I take it to the dealer? out of warranty...
Thanks
Jim

Toddstun
08-04-11, 03:55 PM
I filled up with E85 Ethanol gasoline and my check engine light came on. I just got my 07 escalade and have an 02 Tahoe that is flex-fuel...So I assumed my escalade was also. It's not. While my check engine light was on my remote start would not work. Once I diluted that E85 with 93 octane and drove it enough that the check engine light went off the remote start worked again. Just a long shot but it could be with emissions or something...? Gas cap not on tight? Hope this helps.

jimwalston
08-04-11, 04:56 PM
My check engine light is one due to the headers I just installed. I'm waiting on my BlackBear tune to fix that. So maybe that is the problem with the remtore start. Thanks

jimwalston
08-05-11, 08:25 AM
I cleared the check engine light and the remote start worked! Thanks

Anyone have any suggestions about the running boards?

jimwalston
08-09-11, 08:36 AM
I guess I will be going to the dealer. I will update when I have a fix.

jimwalston
08-23-11, 04:30 PM
TTT one more time
Running boards still have a mind of their own. I'm going to take it to my mechanic first then to dealer if he doesn't have any success.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-24-11, 09:20 AM
I would recommend going to the dealership first, especially if you are still covered under your bumper to bumper. If you go to the dealership the parts will, at least, have a warranty if something needs to be fixed/replaced.
Good Luck with this!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service