: New Redline owner says hi!

JazMiller
08-04-11, 01:56 AM
Hey everyone,

Last week I purchased a stock 2005 CTS-V in Redline with 29,000 KM's (18,000 miles). Love driving this car!

Glad to have found such an active online community of V enthusiasts. I know I'll have some questions along the way, thanks in advance to those of you who hang here and are helping us newbs out! Hopefully I'll have a chance to return the favour to the group sometime.

Cheers,

Jaz

odla
08-04-11, 06:57 AM
looks great!

darkman
08-04-11, 07:57 AM
:welcome:

rand49er
08-04-11, 08:51 AM
Welcome, Jaz! With only 29k km, it's barely broken in.

Where exactly are you located?

JazMiller
08-04-11, 09:56 AM
The car is originally from the USA, imported to Canada by the first owner in 2006. I bought it local to me in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

I've been looking at V's for a year before catching this one on an online classified post. Hope that my good luck continues with it.

Cheers

Jaz

JD03Cobra
08-04-11, 10:32 AM
Wow nice find! Welcome

cvettr/cts-v
08-04-11, 05:52 PM
Nice find, cangrats and welcome.

Hockeyref
08-04-11, 06:10 PM
Hey a BIG welcome to another Manitoba V owner, I'm just one hour south of Winnipeg on the Manitoba border - got by 2006 V in March. My car first came from the US as well, but I flew to Vancouver to pick mine up.

Houdini
08-04-11, 07:37 PM
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome!

Dusten
08-05-11, 02:36 AM
Welcome, Jaz! With only 29k km, it's barely broken in.

Where exactly are you located?

Seriously... I thought mine had low miles at 22509

JazMiller
08-05-11, 09:42 AM
I think it was a pretty lucky find. :) The seller was about 10 miles away from me, and it wasn't in the common auto sales forums. I had a google alert set up with a few keywords that notified me a couple days after the owner listed it for sale. Power of the internet, hahaha.

I was really looking for an 06/07 LS2 due mostly to the rear diff weakness in the 05's being more common - and I wasn't looking for red at all, wanted titanium. The low KM's on this red devil pretty much a sealed the deal. The red has come to grow on me a lot - it's very rare where I live and I think it helps mask the huge tail indicators on the car.

The shifter feels really loose on this car (huge east/west play when in selected gear), and reverse is really elusive to hit without a few tries. I hope this is just bushings and a stock shifter upgrade fix and not something bigger like internal transmission issues. From what I've learned about the gen1, the T56 is pretty solid but the stock shifters are common crap and many V drivers upgrade the shifter anyway. I'll have to look around for the current details on that and/or start a new thread later about my shifter.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome here!

Sullyfx
08-05-11, 01:01 PM
Welcome! :thumbsup:
I'm pretty new here also. Everyone here has been great. Very whiling to help out. Very knowledgeable. Love the Red!
Keep us posted on the Mods.

LAYGO
08-05-11, 05:48 PM
Welcome!

Those polished/chrome rims look horrible on it. If you want, I can take them off your hands . . . . if you pay me.

MikeV
08-05-11, 06:06 PM
OP - shifter is easy. Get PISINUOFF version and stay away from others. Also get CS motor mounts. Guarantee your drivers side is going out even at those miles. Anything else, like u said power of the internet. Just search. This vehicle has been around for 7+ years and just about every question has been answered.

JimmyH
08-05-11, 09:08 PM
welcome to the forums

tommy compton
08-05-11, 11:26 PM
Where you at the kings head pub tonight in the exchange? I saw a red line V parked right by it.

JazMiller
08-06-11, 09:23 AM
Yeah, that was mine near the King's Head last night. Oit for a boys night. The guys mentioned that a gen1 V passed by and I figured that it was you. And a V coupe was around just after you went by too. Seems to be a few of the newer generation around town, I've seen several now this summer!

tommy compton
08-06-11, 10:48 AM
Figured it was you, considering I,ve never seen a redline before. I was just grabbing some eats at the poutinary across the street.
I've seen a coupe with dealer plates and a sedan once on the way to the airport, I have yet to see a V wagon. If I ever sell this car a wagon would my next (just cause) and I'd tub the sh*t out of the rear.

JazMiller
08-10-11, 12:04 AM
Taking the advice of all here, looking to get the PISNUOFF shifter kit as soon as I get PM's working or make contact another method.