: lowering

teefrieson
08-03-11, 07:34 PM
Guys, I just left a custom shop and talked to a guy there. He said he can lower my truck by bolting something on the springs. Has anyone had this done before. Do you r.ecommend this or not

fivepix
08-04-11, 10:55 AM
I think the guy is referring to coil spring clamps it's basically the ghetto way of lowering your vehicle I've done this to a car a had when I was 18 or so the ride sucked and they can be noisy at times (metal hitting metal). It would be similar as cutting your springs.

It's a super cheap way to lower a vehicle but please be aware that they can break off fairly easy and can do some major damage to your rims and wheel wells.

Personally I wouldn't do it on my Escalade.

d_v_o_1
08-04-11, 04:58 PM
Second that.....for the money, do it right and you won't have to worry. Also, if you still have warranty......the dealership may give you problems in the future for such a set up if anything even remotely related were to fail.

fmfa0801
08-05-11, 10:36 AM
dont do that

teefrieson
08-07-11, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys for the advice. Decided to order the 2/3 lowering kit with the drop spindles for the front.

MrSplenda
08-08-11, 02:39 AM
There goes your ability to tow and have a pay load. People that lower their Escalades that I see driving make me want to buy a Range Rover, or important an Audi Q7 V12.

MrHolland
08-08-11, 04:00 AM
I dont necessarily agree that you lose payload or ability to tow when you lower one of these trucks. You still have the leveling shocks on the rear and I would guess the springs still have close to the same spring rate in order to maintain some what of a factory ride and spindles are a great way to drop the front. Im all for lowering a truck/car, but I like that look.... To each his own, right?

hcvone
08-08-11, 07:25 AM
If you still have warranty you may want to check with your dealership, some will void your warranty, while some other dealerships install lowering kits. :eek: