: best way to rid of front license plate bracket holes?

LawIns1
08-03-11, 02:42 PM
I am assuming some of you that live in states where front plates aren't required or simply don't want a front plate (like me) have had the holes filled. How was it done?
Hopefully I don't have to get the entire front bumper painted after the holes are plugged.
Thanks.

smackdownCTSV
08-03-11, 03:42 PM
Well you can either buy those overpriced plugs or buy a bottle of touchup paint and visit the hardware store for your own plugs. The later is on my to do list.

js615
08-03-11, 04:44 PM
I used BumperPlugs.com and I couldn't be happier. Perfect fit, perfect paint match, simple to install. Expensive yes, but easily justifiable.
J.

voltrons_head
08-03-11, 05:55 PM
I just ordered the bumper plugs as well. Should have them soon.

M5eater
08-03-11, 06:20 PM
I just ordered the bumper plugs as well. Should have them soon.
from bumperplugs.com?

CADZLA
08-03-11, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys. Do you know the size (diameter) of the plugs? The website doesn't state.

js615
08-04-11, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys. Do you know the size (diameter) of the plugs? The website doesn't state.

I recall them being about 5/8" - I can take a pic out on the car and measure for you if you want.

voltrons_head
08-04-11, 10:16 AM
from bumperplugs.com?

Yup. They're in my mailbox now. If it stops raining I'll grab them, throw them on and take a pic.

LawIns1
08-04-11, 10:55 AM
5/8 is fine. Just don't want anything to large. A pic would be appreciated if one of you guys could do that.
Thanks!

js615
08-04-11, 11:12 AM
5/8 is fine. Just don't want anything to large. A pic would be appreciated if one of you guys could do that.
Thanks!

Sorry - stuck on a conference call at the moment and can't get to the parking garage, but here is a couple of older pics from when I first put the plugs on the car - sorry, not super up close, but should give you a very good idea of how they look on a V.

haterinc
08-04-11, 11:20 AM
buy a 2012 and order w/o lol

M5eater
08-04-11, 12:47 PM
Yup. They're in my mailbox now. If it stops raining I'll grab them, throw them on and take a pic.
nice. I didn't see a black diamond edition color code on their list, I wonder what they'd charge for a new color like that. .

dhpro
08-04-11, 01:30 PM
How hard is it to take the cover off?

js615
08-04-11, 01:43 PM
How hard is it to take the cover off?

What cover? Do you mean the plugs for the holes? Once they are on, the only way off is to drill them out - you can try to put fishing line behind the cap, wrapping it around the stem and pulling, but good luck...

LawIns1
08-05-11, 12:56 PM
Looks good. I just ordered a set. Thanks again guys.

dhpro
08-05-11, 01:42 PM
What cover? Do you mean the plugs for the holes? Once they are on, the only way off is to drill them out - you can try to put fishing line behind the cap, wrapping it around the stem and pulling, but good luck...

Sorry...I meant the plate bracket...

FLTRI
08-05-11, 02:17 PM
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and look in the Hardware section where they have all the screws, nuts, and bolts. They have chrome discs that look like tiny baby moon hub caps, only not as domed. They are for mirror installation, I think. They come in various diameters, just get the ones that are slightly bigger than the hole you have in the bumper after you pull the plate frame off. Use some silicone, or the glue of your choice, and tape them until the adhesive sets...

I did my 2003 Lincoln (Feel free to flame away, A CTS-V Wagon will be in its place soon enough) and they have worked great for 8 years. They don't rust, and look pretty clean, IMHO...

Kingoftypos
08-11-11, 10:17 AM
Hey fellas. Someone in my section of the forum was looking for a way to fill in the holes. So I searched for a thread that I saw a while ago. Since I saw this one as well, I decided to provide you with a link.

Enjoy,

KOT

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/231468-i-removed-my-front-plate-finally.html