: Sunset Blue

Spinman SRX
08-03-11, 12:42 PM
I just bought a 2011 SRX and when I received the paperwok and Temporary Plate the color was listed as Sunset Blue. How is this possible if the color has been discontinued? I thought the new color was Blue Frost, but the color of my car does not seem as light as the Blue Frost and more closely resembles the color that I see in pictures of the old Sunset Blue.

Confused.

Anyone have an idea?

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-03-11, 02:54 PM
Spinman SRX,

If you provide me with your VIN, I can tell you what the color name is.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

cvettr/cts-v
08-03-11, 03:31 PM
If you bought it new it will have the color listed on the window sticker, if it was used or window sticker was lost any gm dealer can look it up for you. There was a site I believe it was compnine.com that had a gm vin decoder don't know if it is still there and has srx data or not you may try it also. Or the easy way is provide vin to cadillac cust svc above. By the way thanks for the response cadillac cust svc.

TheCaptain
08-05-11, 09:30 PM
Sunset Blue? I haven't heard of that one!
I know '10's got the Caribbean (Aqua) Blue, and Imperial Blue. '11's got a Frost Blue in place of Caribbean Blue, and it was replaced for '12 with Xenon Blue... as far as i know anyway. :hmm:

cz9h3d
08-08-11, 08:57 AM
Is this on your car registration? In my state, the color on the registration is generic - no descriptors like "sunset". No such thing as "sunset blue" on the SRX... The previous post was correct.