: Kdi

snzuloz
08-02-11, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know how to reach them via phone? I searched the vendor section and unless I'm blind I can't find anything on there for them? Thanks

The Tony Show
08-02-11, 06:36 PM
They're no longer a vendor here.

550HP STSV
08-02-11, 11:30 PM
Did I miss something? Why is KDI no longer a vendor here?

smackdownCTSV
08-02-11, 11:37 PM
They're no longer a vendor here.

cbloveday
08-02-11, 11:37 PM
The owners of this site have yet to disclose.

550HP STSV
08-02-11, 11:40 PM
This isnt Nazi Germany. Why are they not a vendor? Whats the deal with all the secrecy?

cbloveday
08-02-11, 11:47 PM
Hopefully, they will explain.

Florian
08-03-11, 12:05 AM
KDI is no longer a vendor here. Nothing more needs to be said.

F

The Tony Show
08-03-11, 11:55 AM
This isnt Nazi Germany. Why are they not a vendor? Whats the deal with all the secrecy?

We have a policy on this forum that we don't allow flame wars and arguments. We ask members and vendors to be respectful of each other and then close topics when that doesn't happen, which some people see as us being overly controlling- I see it as keeping this place friendly and constructive, because nothing good comes from public fighting on a forum, especially between companies who are supposed to be serving the community.

Suffice it to say that KDI was asked to leave based on their behavior toward competing vendors and customers of other vendors. After trying for months to create a hospitable environment where all the vendors could work together to better the community instead of tearing their competitors down, we gave up on asking and parted ways. We have no ill will toward them and wish them well. They do a good job making fast CTS-Vs, but seem to want a more adversarial environment than we allow here.

I'm sure there's places out there that will allow them to curse, yell, shout and call people nasty names who either disagree with them or who choose to do business with other vendors, and I'm sure they'll be happy there and probably sell some product too. As the world's largest forum for all Cadillac models, we continue have a number of established, helpful and courteous vendors here to fill your needs such as Andy@A&A Corvette (http://www.aacorvette.com/), Mike@G-Force (http://www.gforce-tx.com/), D3 Cadillac (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/d3cadillac/), Hennessey Performance (http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/cadillac-ctsv.html), Wait4me Performance (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/wait4me-performance/), Lingenfelter Engineering (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/lingenfelter-performance-engineering/) and many others.

There's the answer everyone was looking for. We're moving forward, so future discussion of it is unnecessary and will be removed. Not because we're "nazis", but because we refuse to let our forum become a cesspool of accusations, obscenity, name calling and "he said, she said" that you see on other car sites.

Thanks for understanding.

Cub Cadet
08-03-11, 01:45 PM
Understood - you guys had me worried since I purchased a New Era intake from them recently. I am hoping that it is a smooth transaction and everything goes as it should.

smackdownCTSV
08-03-11, 01:55 PM
this isnt nazi germany. Why are they not a vendor? Whats the deal with all the secrecy?

lmao!

JimmyH
08-03-11, 02:22 PM
I certainly didn't appreciate that certain members of their camp took comments I made in confidence (comments on their behalf btw) and turned them back against me. Lesson learned for me. For them too, I hope, and I wish them the best.

Kirk3
08-03-11, 02:49 PM
I need to spend more time on these forums, I feel like I have missed many of these posts/threads. I guess that is props to the mods of the forum, but damn you for being efficient. I come here during my work day to look at pics of other Vs, hear what others are doing, and the occasional flame war.

The Tony Show
08-03-11, 02:54 PM
Haha. :rofl:

Sorry, but the flame wars just don't accomplish anything. A lot of newer members don't know this, but back in the early days of the CTS-V (around 2004) General Motors actually had a conference call between a few representatives of this forum and the V Engineers themselves. We collected all the questions and complaints forum members wanted addressed, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say our members' feedback had a hand in some of the improvements made to the new 2009+ CTS-V.

Having that kind of relationship with the manufacturer and actually helping improve future product is unheard of, and I'm sure part of the reason we were asked is because our forum is clean, organized, on topic and mature. I guarantee you GM would have never reached out to our community in the way they did if they place was full of NSFW pictures, street racing videos, cussing matches, aftermarket vendors arguing with each other and basically people acting like a bunch of grown manchildren.

I love watching a good flame war as much as the next guy, but that's not what we're about here.

cbloveday
08-03-11, 03:55 PM
If it is Nazi's here it is Stasi's there. I felt persecuted and discriminated against.
IMO their conduct is unprofessional and hurting their reputation, not helping.

Florian
08-03-11, 04:00 PM
ouch.

F

Luna.
08-03-11, 04:26 PM
Haha. :rofl:

Sorry, but the flame wars just don't accomplish anything. A lot of newer members don't know this, but back in the early days of the CTS-V (around 2004) General Motors actually had a conference call between a few representatives of this forum and the V Engineers themselves. We collected all the questions and complaints forum members wanted addressed, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say our members' feedback had a hand in some of the improvements made to the new 2009+ CTS-V.

Having that kind of relationship with the manufacturer and actually helping improve future product is unheard of, and I'm sure part of the reason we were asked is because our forum is clean, organized, on topic and mature. I guarantee you GM would have never reached out to our community in the way they did if they place was full of NSFW pictures, street racing videos, cussing matches, aftermarket vendors arguing with each other and basically people acting like a bunch of grown manchildren.

I love watching a good flame war as much as the next guy, but that's not what we're about here.

I wholeheartedly agree (although, I think that conference call was in late '05, perhaps '06, for I recall that and I didn't join until June of 2005).

I will say, however, that this forum is simply comprised of different members than we had back when the V1 was the best thing going. Hopefully, we can get back to that, for, way back when, it often wasn't a contest of who had a bigger di*k or whose vendor was the best, but more along the lines of, "Hey, check out this combination, which worked for me...perhaps it might be an option/work for you."

JimmyH
08-03-11, 04:33 PM
I don't think their ethics will matter if they are capable of producing the kind of tuned CTS-V they claim. Time will tell. Personally, I don't understand taking a $70k luxury sedan to 800hp, but many of you do, and that's what matters. I think if they can produce quality built setups that perform, they will realize how superfluous all this drama has been, and start focusing on the business of making horsepower and money.

JimmyH
08-03-11, 04:36 PM
I wholeheartedly agree (although, I think that conference call was in late '05, perhaps '06, for I recall that and I didn't join until June of 2005).

I will say, however, that this forum is simply comprised of different members than we had back when the V1 was the best thing going. Hopefully, we can get back to that, for, way back when, it often wasn't a contest of who had a bigger di*k or whose vendor was the best, but more along the lines of, "Hey, check out this combination, which worked for me...perhaps it might be an option/work for you."

You are right. If you look through the old V1 threads, there were alot of pioneers back then. It just seems the stakes are higher now. If I had an 800hp V, I would probably kill myself :D

550HP STSV
08-03-11, 04:41 PM
You can head over to the STS-V to see some of that pioneership now. Unfortunately this is what comes when a car becomes more popular, and there is a larger audience.

turbol15
08-03-11, 04:50 PM
maybe they should listen to the complaints we have now about the cars

The Tony Show
08-03-11, 05:29 PM
Look guys, this isn't going to turn into a "bash KDI" thread. They seem like a talented tuner, but just weren't looking to play by the same rules as we ask for around here, and that's all there is to it. Ripping other vendors was the cause of the problem, and I'm not going to allow it to happen to them- especially now that they're not here to defend themselves.

We wish them the best, and there's no reason for this conversation to go on longer.