: Really sucks to have an acident..

PreachRR
08-02-11, 01:15 PM
I just got back from Carmax to do an appraisal on my truck just to see if there was real hit on the value since it was hit.. Well my truck is one of the cleanest out there with all options except power running boards and rear seat DVD.. I have a magna flow exhaust and body colored splash guards.. Only 42K on the Odo and factory warranty till the end of 2012. The said they would not put the truck on the lot because of the accident so it would go to wholesale and the best number they would give me is 23000.. I almost threw up.. that is over 10k less then it was booked at.. I feel like it would have made me feel better if I just would have grabbed the guy who hit me and broke his arm.. it really just sucks.. but I am still going after diminished value for my truck..

hcvone
08-02-11, 08:33 PM
Well it sounds like you were not hurt, and that is the most important thing, of course second on the list is the loss of value, which hurts in a whole different way.

PreachRR
08-02-11, 08:49 PM
Yea.. I took a hit constantly at the chiropractor who says there is a 6mm protrusion pinching my spine going to an orthopedic Dr on the 16th.. we will see where that goes.. It just really gets me upset to think these insurance companies don't want to accept that they are responsible for their insured..

Big Windy Ext
08-03-11, 09:08 AM
I'm looking at the second time someone hit and scraped the front bumper,no note,nobody claiming responsibility. Sorry to hear about your back,I have been putting off getting mine fixed for years.Years of spills from motor sports,demolition derbies car wrecks and good times. My body has no trade in value,nor is a new model in sight lol. Good Luck with getting your back in shape again and getting a better trade-in/sale price for your vehicle Car Max isn't the only game in town they low ball all trades even good ones.

PreachRR
08-03-11, 12:24 PM
It is just making me evaluate things a bit. I lived in NYC most of my life and you could never own anything Nice. It was guaranteed to get dents and dings regularly. So I always owned a drivable pile. If you know what I mean. Now that the idea is that someone hits your ride and and wastes 10k of your equity in your vehicle makes me think again. What is point of owning anything nice? I still believe that his insurance company WILL pay my diminished value claim. But what a stinkin hassle.

bstiffmanofsteel
08-04-11, 11:33 AM
I agree with you! I am still playing games with State Farm...

Toddstun
08-04-11, 03:42 PM
Keep negotiating with the insurance company. I totalled an M3(expensive) and a TL(not so much). Both times I kept negotiating and came out smelling like a rose. I got well over NADA book on the M3 and took a "salvage value" on the TL which I negotiated pretty close to book value...Best thing was I got to keep the car. I fixed it because the major expense was the nav unit. Payed off the loan with the money received and the accident never hit the CarFax. Point being, be a thorn in their side and I think you can make up that value/equity. Good luck.

PreachRR
08-04-11, 10:11 PM
trust me I am this insurance company's nightmare.. this agent probably has nightmares about me.. ;0)