: Newbie from Ohio

Cadquest
10-21-04, 09:10 AM
HI All!! I'm Bob from Ohio and have been a Corvette and Mustang guy in the past (I've had 8 Vettes). I have never had a Cadillac and have been looking at 01 and 02 Sevilles. Would love some advice on what direction you all think I should go.... After reading all the threads regarding problems with the Norhtstar, I am having my doubts...

Thanks!!

CADDYBLACK99
10-21-04, 10:44 PM
Welcome Bob!

Thanks for joining the forum! I love my Northstar. I have a 99' Concours with just under 70k and its never had a problem. No excessive oil consumption, no spots on the driveway, and plenty of power. Just regular maintenance and an occaisional WOT (wide open throttle!). Good luck!
:welcome:
Paul

Fred Fachman
10-22-04, 03:27 AM
Welcome Bob and don't be afraid of the Northstar. These forums can be good and bad. You get to hear some great stories along with the horror stories. I have a '95 STS that I purchased from the original owner who did nothing to it. I now have well over 200K on it and have done nothing to the engine except a water pump. Oil does "disappear". Don't smoke,don't leak, but it goes somewhere. Uses the same quart every 1000 miles as when I bought it 6 years ago with 100K. Don't test drive one unless you are prepared to buy. Good luck in whayever you decide. Fred