Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Recommended shop in Massachusetts?

757 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Busted_Nut 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

I've been lurking on this site for the last year or so since I got my '05 CTS-V. I've learned lots from the discussions and now I'm ready to make some modifications to my car. But first I have to get some stuff fixed; I need new motor mounts and a differential bushing. I'm going with Creative Steel as they seem to be pretty popular around here from what I've read (black with the heat shields).

But, where can I get them installed? Cadillac of Norwood says they won't install non-OEM parts (which sucks because I work 2 minutes away from there). Not to mention their shop rate is $125/hour. Anyone know of a good independent shop that will do the install for me?

I'd consider doing it myself, but I don't really have a place to work on my car. I can't see doing something as PTA as motor mounts while I'm parked on the street outside my house.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated. (BTW, tried the search but couldn't come up with any MA shop reco's).

Thanks,

Dan W.

UPDATE
I spoke to the shop foreman and he'll do the work as long as I agree not to hold him responsible if the parts don't fit right, cause vibration etc. Sounds fine, right? Except he wants to charge me the following for the install:

$388 Left motor mount
$488 Right motor mount
$250 Transmission mount
$638 Differential bushing
$1764 Total labor cost

So at $125/hour, he's saying that it's going to take them over 14 hours to do this work. I've had entire engine swaps done in less time. WTF?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Hey Digitron,

Did you ever find a shop in MA to do your work?

I recently picked up a stock '05 and am also looking for a shop to have some work done. Looking to replace a rear axle seal that is sweating. Also thinking about some engine work over this winter, car is at 100K.

In southern NH, but work in Western MA (Rte 2) area. Beford is not too far.

Thanks,
- Nut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.