: Electrical Grimlin - Center Console lights and TPMS

litig8r187
08-01-11, 01:08 AM
Had two separate electrical gremlins pop up today and have no idea if they may be related. First, I pulled out of my driveway and started to adjust my A/C and realized all of my console lights including the Stereo/Nav were dark. None of the controls would respond either. A/C was running, and instrument cluster was working fine. Pulled into gas station and turned car off, filled it up and looked under hood at fuse box but didn't change anything or pull any fuses. Got in and everything started working fine. ???????

Then after driving awhile I got a message indicating that I had a tire pressure problem. Checked the tire pressure readout on the DIC and left rear was reading 99lbs! Then it jumped to 42 and back to 99. It continued to do this for about and hour, then, the reading remained a 99lbs. I checked the tire with a gauge and it was in fact at 42lbs. I am assuming I may have a bad TPMS unit in the wheel. I do have aftermarket 21" wheels.

Any thoughts or ideas?

JOEYCTS-V
08-01-11, 08:23 AM
I've been experiencing something similar but mine is worse. First the TPMS light comes on, then I lose power to the center console, then I lose my instrument cluster and all the warning lights come on. Sometimes it will correct itself in a few minutes while driving, sometimes it doesn't. After this happened the last time (last night) my ignition is locked up and the car won't start.

asabase
08-01-11, 10:45 AM
My TPMS sensors are acting up too. First the front right, then front left, then rear left. I took it to the dealer and of course they try and blame the issue on someone else incorrectly mounting new tires. Luckily I still have the stock PS2s on. I've had a new set in the garage all winter - glad I waited to put them on.

I was trying to get the dealer install the new tires for free since they'll have to at least break the bead on the old ones anyway to get to the sensors but no deal, not that I expected any special treatment after they tried to blame bad sensors on someone else's tire mounting.

BLEWBYUWIT6.2
08-01-11, 11:33 AM
i belive this is a computer issue the onstar dose not work either....mine dose the same thing....im waitng on someone to get back to me on a solution to this problem

jojipoji
08-01-11, 12:05 PM
my car does the same thing occasionally. In the summer i never turn the ac off when I shut the car off so just in case it becomes permanents I dont sweat my balls off.

MReiland
08-01-11, 12:22 PM
What years are the cars so I can check to see if there are any PI's or Bulletins on it.

JOEYCTS-V
08-01-11, 12:24 PM
Mine is a 2011.

litig8r187
08-01-11, 01:20 PM
Mine is a 2010 Sedan. Yea, the inability to control the A/C was my biggest concern. It was 104 outside. My car is all black and had been sitting in the sun.

Vcoupe11
08-01-11, 07:33 PM
I have had one instance of the TPMS issue. It indicated no pressure in left rear. The actual warning said something about having the TPMS serviced.

I just noticed the V particulars are no longer listed on the web page for my car so:
2011 V coupe, TG, Recaro, 6sp man

Gary

smackdownCTSV
08-01-11, 07:38 PM
That sucks. Did you have the wiring TSB performed on it?

JOEYCTS-V
08-01-11, 07:55 PM
What wiring TSB is there?

smackdownCTSV
08-01-11, 08:00 PM
The dealer should know. It's the first thing they will do when you take it in.

JOEYCTS-V
08-01-11, 08:04 PM
They didn't me mention anything when I called. Last time it was at the dealer they flashed the BCM and things seemed fine for a few months. I think I have a loose ground somewhere.

litig8r187
08-01-11, 08:09 PM
I just bought mine on the 13th and haven't taken it in for a full check up and to see what service it has had done.(Yes, I should have done that before buying it but that wasn't an option). I try and get it in this week to make sure all TSB and services are upto date. It only has 20K miles on it, 3500 of which I have put on it since the 13th.

smackdownCTSV
08-01-11, 08:11 PM
They didn't me mention anything when I called. Last time it was at the dealer they flashed the BCM and things seemed fine for a few months. I think I have a loose ground somewhere.

I guess I'm fortunate to have a decent dealership. But all dealers use the same computer system and database. It should pop right up with the last 8 of the VIN.

smackdownCTSV
08-01-11, 08:13 PM
I just bought mine on the 13th and haven't taken it in for a full check up and to see what service it has had done.(Yes, I should have done that before buying it but that wasn't an option). I try and get it in this week to make sure all TSB and services are upto date. It only has 20K miles on it, 3500 of which I have put on it since the 13th.

Try RippyParts. Very nice guy. He sent me quite a few GMVIS reports while I was looking for a CTS-V.

litig8r187
12-27-11, 11:38 PM
Dammit! My Console went dark again tonight. First time since this summer. This time I checked everything I could. I even reached under the seat and "jiggled" wires because one thread I read indicated that may be a cause. Summary of what worked and didn't: all lights dark in center console. no power, volume, tuning, nav up and down didn't work, no climate controls worked, the fan speed, temp control, seat heaters and cooling all out. What did work was the emergency flashers and the mag ride selector.

I turned the car off and restarted it twice. One time I used auto start. Nothing changed. I drove to a restaurant, went in and ate came out about 45 minutes later, started the car and all was good.

God, this irritates me. I took it in to the Caddy dealer this summer and they couldn't find anything then. this time I made a video of it to show them what is happening.

JOEYCTS-V
12-27-11, 11:54 PM
I took a video of mine too when it happened. Can you post your video? I can almost guarantee you have the same the problem that I had. My car did the SAME EXACT thing. My dealer removed the drivers seat and carpet and found a chaffed wire. My car has been perfect ever since. I think it's time to find a new dealer or contact GM in some way or another. That's totally unacceptable. Mine got so bad that my car eventually wouldn't start.

jojipoji
12-28-11, 12:40 AM
I had the dealer reflashed mine and it still does it. They are ordering me a new "center stack"

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-28-11, 02:42 PM
Jojipoji,
I am glad that they are getting this taken care of for you. Keep us updated when you get your vehicle back!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

che_socal
12-28-11, 04:49 PM
A few days ago, I had a very similar problem: I started the car and the nav screen never came on, it just remained black. But the stereo was still on, and I could change channels with the buttons. After driving to my destination, I stopped the car, turned it off and then back on again, and the nav screen came back on like nothing had happened.

While I was having the problem, I got on OnStar and had them connect me to a dealer service center and I described the problem to them. Their initial thought was to reflash the software. I haven't yet taken the car in to do that, but I also only have seen the problem that one time so far.

Mine's a 2012 V-wagon and at the time this happened I probably had only about 1400 miles on it. (Now 1500+ miles, why hello red line!)

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-29-11, 10:07 AM
Che_socal,
Let us know how it goes when you take it into the dealer. If you would like me to make an appointment for you just let me know.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service