: Facelift - 07 to 08 Fascia and STS-V Hood

AnderbrA
07-31-11, 04:11 PM
Yesterday was a productive day. No more Dobie Dent in the Caddy. I installed the 08 front fascia and STS-V hood. Both were brand new surplus from GM. While I had everything torn apart I decided to mount my HID ballasts inside the headlight assembly. Had to do a little trimming on the plastic cover, but fit really well and no more erronious wiring or worrying about water or dirt getting to the ballasts.

Paint will be done in a week.

I absolutely love the combination of the hood and new front fascia.

Custom Emblem.. :) (Actual one on its way)

Ballast Mounting
http://anderbrainnovations.com/Cadillac/Dobie/IMG00743-20110730-1231.jpg

KRSTS
07-31-11, 05:12 PM
first mod i've seen that I like. what it set you back?

nathanjax
07-31-11, 05:18 PM
Looks good!

What were the prices for each?

AnderbrA
07-31-11, 06:46 PM
I bought the fascia last year, but I believe it was around $400 shipped. Came with everything except the grille emblem. Even had brand new foglights. One of the headlight washer supports was broke when I got it, but since I didnt have them originally, I am going to epoxy the covers in place. The hood I bought last week for $540 shipped. So shy of $1000 for everything and all brand new. Everything bolted up real nice.

awg04
08-29-11, 12:23 AM
I bought the fascia last year, but I believe it was around $400 shipped. Came with everything except the grille emblem. Even had brand new foglights. One of the headlight washer supports was broke when I got it, but since I didnt have them originally, I am going to epoxy the covers in place. The hood I bought last week for $540 shipped. So shy of $1000 for everything and all brand new. Everything bolted up real nice.

Where did you find the front fascia???

AnderbrA
08-30-11, 01:21 PM
Where did you find the front fascia???

It was SurplusGM.com I believe. I just looked on their site and they do not have any STS parts at current.

tomm
08-30-11, 05:36 PM
I am no expert but aren't you suppose to paint the fascia before you install it? If you bring it to a shop they are only going to have to break it down again and paint which will probably cost you more money then just bringing them the parts to paint. Just my observation but I do like the idea of updating the front end to give it more of a modern look.

AnderbrA
08-31-11, 01:00 PM
I am no expert but aren't you suppose to paint the fascia before you install it? If you bring it to a shop they are only going to have to break it down again and paint which will probably cost you more money then just bringing them the parts to paint. Just my observation but I do like the idea of updating the front end to give it more of a modern look.

I installed to make sure everything fit appropriately. The bumper will be painted off the car, then installed and blended. I am just waiting for a new upper tie bar. (radiator support) The replacement of it requires the removal of front and both fenders. To reduce the risk of damaging a new paintjob, we opted to wait until it is installed to get the whole thing painted. Front bumper is surprisingly easy to remove. Top clips, 1 nut, 1 bolt on each fender and off she comes.

ddalder
08-31-11, 02:20 PM
Looks like a nice job! The STS-V has heated washer nozzles mounted on the hood (don't know if they are standard equipment or an option - can't recall). I've contemplated upgrading the hood, but I'm not sure yet. I do want the heated nozzles though.

AnderbrA
08-31-11, 02:39 PM
Looks like a nice job! The STS-V has heated washer nozzles mounted on the hood (don't know if they are standard equipment or an option - can't recall). I've contemplated upgrading the hood, but I'm not sure yet. I do want the heated nozzles though.

That would be nice. I did notice that the nozzles are slightly loose fitting on the V hood. Any idea if there was an option for heated element on the windshield for the wipers? I had that on my Lincoln LS and it was fantastic. I was fairly disappointed the first few ice storms we got and had to get out and knock the ice off my wipers in the Caddy.

AnderbrA
08-31-11, 02:49 PM
Found the Part Number. 10366565. Lowest Cost I've found is $39/ea. I cannot find the part number for the harness/plug.

AnderbrA
03-01-12, 10:29 PM
Just an update, fascia is up for grabs in the classifieds if anyone is looking to upgrade to an 08 fascia. :)

1BadCadSTS
03-02-12, 04:42 AM
Link? What about the hood?

AnderbrA
03-02-12, 02:52 PM
I just checked classifieds and it isnt there today. will repost. Per the hood, I would need a stock hood to replace it with, and due to size, it would need to be somewhat local.

1BadCadSTS
03-02-12, 05:42 PM
Is it still silver?

AnderbrA
03-05-12, 12:39 PM
The bumper is actually a gold/pewter color. The hood was silver, but no longer available. Just the fascia/foglights/etc. I actually have 2 sets of foglights.

Another pic...it looks loose, because it is just setting up there, not bolted or pinned. ;)

1BadCadSTS
03-05-12, 12:52 PM
How much for a set of fogs?