: Air diffusers cost/wheel clicking noises.

Bushidopupil
07-31-11, 10:06 AM
So I was wondering who has the est. price for the black front air diffusers on the lower bumper. The drivers side got damaged somehow, looks like someone backed into me, but that is the only evidence of contact to the car. It is sharp like one inch wide, no scrape evidence, strange.

Also, this dang wheel clicking has gotten crazy loud. Did anyone find a fix??? Does it going backwards or forwards turning both directions. And it's loud!

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

B

smackdownCTSV
07-31-11, 10:34 AM
There's a TSB for that.

Bushidopupil
07-31-11, 10:58 AM
Do you know what they do to fix it?

Cub Cadet
07-31-11, 11:13 AM
1.) Plastic trim pieces on the lower front of the car - This is a kit that comes in 3 pieces (left/middle/right) and is $138 at your local Cadillac parts desk. These are very easy to replace and take about 5 minutes. When you go to the parts desk, they will know exactly what you are talking about... they are selling a TON of these kits. Smart for GM to design something like this... it is a good little money maker for them.

2.) Wheel click - Do your self a favor and fix this at home rather than let the dealer try to fix... you will have better results at home. Take your wheels off, and clean the mating surfaces... wheel to hub faces (back of wheel, front of hub). Apply never seize, mount wheels, torque lugnuts down properly. This is the only way to fix this issue.

David Nicholas
07-31-11, 02:01 PM
Yes, the wheel clicking is an easy fix. Even better than just cleaning the mating surfaces, take some aluminum polish and polish both surfaces out mirror-smooth, then anti-sieze , silicone grease, or anything similar should eliminate the clicking for good..

mrl859
07-31-11, 02:28 PM
I found an even easier way to resolve the clicking in my wheels which requires no work on the vehicle. I leave the windows up, A/C on, and play my favorite music through the Bose speakers. Why isn't that in a TSB?????

Bushidopupil
07-31-11, 02:39 PM
Thank you very much for all the excellent info. GREATLY appreciated fellas.
B

js615
08-01-11, 03:30 PM
I found an even easier way to resolve the clicking in my wheels which requires no work on the vehicle. I leave the windows up, A/C on, and play my favorite music through the Bose speakers. Why isn't that in a TSB?????

May I suggest some Sammy Hagar? I tried country but then a whine suddenly appeared...

BLitzkrieg
08-01-11, 04:04 PM
BTW the front lower piece are splitters and not a diffuser. They basicly split the air between the front bumper and the undercar. They also add downforce on the front of the car. Diffusers are typically on the rear of the car. They collect the high speed air from under the car, slow it down a bit, and creates a pressure drop to increase the downforce while reducing the cars wake.

Juss sayin!

http://www.the-back-row.com/media/users/vince%20nitro/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Bushidopupil
08-01-11, 07:37 PM
BTW the front lower piece are splitters and not a diffuser. They basicly split the air between the front bumper and the undercar. They also add downforce on the front of the car. Diffusers are typically on the rear of the car. They collect the high speed air from under the car, slow it down a bit, and creates a pressure drop to increase the downforce while reducing the cars wake.

Juss sayin!

http://www.the-back-row.com/media/users/vince%20nitro/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Thanks, good to know. No I didn't know the correct name for them.

Side note...I trust the other members that have had the clicking noise and fixed it by cleaning the hub/back of the front wheels, but it is hard to imagine dust/dirt is making a ticking/clicking noise.....but again I trust the experienced ones. Going to take care of it this weekend hopefully.

RapidRob
08-01-11, 10:57 PM
Just so you know - there is a TSP about the front wheel clicking. My 2009 fronts clicked from day one, (new), and I had the dealer deal with it under warranty. They ordered 2 new front rims with a modified wheel to hub interface, and installed them according to the TSP. No more clicking since that time. HTH.

Rob

Bushidopupil
08-02-11, 12:16 AM
Just so you know - there is a TSP about the front wheel clicking. My 2009 fronts clicked from day one, (new), and I had the dealer deal with it under warranty. They ordered 2 new front rims with a modified wheel to hub interface, and installed them according to the TSP. No more clicking since that time. HTH.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I may take it in just to see what they say, let then give it a try. If that doesn't work then I will fix it myself. Still debating if I want to deal with them.

roarkb
08-04-11, 09:42 AM

Rob

Ditto

Bushidopupil
08-04-11, 10:55 AM
Ditto

Well I guess I can give that a shot, maybe I'll get some new wheels out of it.

Thanks guys!!

dhpro
08-04-11, 05:20 PM
I had my guy read the TSB to me...basically just says to clean the surfaces using brake cleaner and scotch brite pad and replace...says its not a danger risk to keep driving with the ticking, just annoying! Apperently GM engineers are "...hard at work..." trying to rectify the situation!