: Water drip?

The-Dullahan
07-31-11, 02:49 AM
Okay, yay New AC, the bane of my existence. The AC upgrade ultimately lead to the Resistor Switch adventure, the whole locked up AC clutch and return for replacement thing, which lead to the damaged rear quarter, which lead to the repairs, which lead to the destruction of much of my car as well as the still unsaved rear bumper. Yay.

So as I mentioned before, my Ac clutch constantly engages and disengages. No one knows why, but it is probably just possessed. Anyhow...why is there water dripping from beneath the centre of my dashboard now?

77CDV
07-31-11, 10:02 PM
That's condensation from the system. It should be routed out of the car, but somehow you have a blockage. I remember this happend to my first car, but for the life of me I can't remember what part was at fault.

Brougham92
07-31-11, 10:18 PM
I think you should get your heater core checked. My grandmother's 96 caprice was leaking water on the carpet below the dash....I believe that is what they replaced to fix it.

csbuckn
07-31-11, 10:28 PM
Your AC clutch will engage and disengage as normal operation unless you set the temp to 60, then it will stay engaged all the time. As for the draining in the cabin, your AC should have a hose routed outside that drains the condensation, its probably clogged or disconnected. Do you only get draining inside when you have the AC on?

The-Dullahan
08-01-11, 02:36 AM
No, see...My Compressor engages and Disengages regardless of what is on or off. The system is set at off and it blinks on and off periodically. Is that normal? because I have been being told too many different things about it. This constant blinking of the clutch results in fogging up the window above the defogger vents. Ironic, no? So the Forum is torn between my first two presumptions, the reason I asked in the first place. Condensation and Heater Core. I recall Dopestar having this same issue.

So, troubleshooting abounds. This Drainage Hose...Where would I locate this marvelous device? If I can find it, I can backtrack from there. If not, Heatercore it is. What fun.

Random Dulla-Fact #93766012438-B Hearses from the Seventies and Late Sixties are known for their use of two Heatercores. One in the front, and a "Stiffwarmer" in the rear, which was actually meant for Ambulance use. It's actually really neat, because if the one in the rear fails, it is as easy as pie or a piece of cake (whichever you prefer) to replace the rear one.

csbuckn
08-01-11, 10:09 AM
You can check to see if your compressor is getting power with the whole system off, if so, your climate control us probably to blame. If your compressor is turning on at the wrong time when the system is on, maybe its a temp sensor or climate control again. You can put a test light to the wires in the back of the compressor, start the car and turn the climate control off, you should have no power... I think.

sven914
08-01-11, 10:29 AM
Not sure if I gave you this, but here is a diagnostic chart for when the compressor doesn't turn off:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6436/194061125930212231.jpg

Even though this is for the compressor being on in Economy, the procedure would be the same if it never turns off in OFF.

77CDV
08-01-11, 10:28 PM
No, see...My Compressor engages and Disengages regardless of what is on or off. The system is set at off and it blinks on and off periodically. Is that normal? because I have been being told too many different things about it. This constant blinking of the clutch results in fogging up the window above the defogger vents. Ironic, no? So the Forum is torn between my first two presumptions, the reason I asked in the first place. Condensation and Heater Core. I recall Dopestar having this same issue.

So, troubleshooting abounds. This Drainage Hose...Where would I locate this marvelous device? If I can find it, I can backtrack from there. If not, Heatercore it is. What fun.

Random Dulla-Fact #93766012438-B Hearses from the Seventies and Late Sixties are known for their use of two Heatercores. One in the front, and a "Stiffwarmer" in the rear, which was actually meant for Ambulance use. It's actually really neat, because if the one in the rear fails, it is as easy as pie or a piece of cake (whichever you prefer) to replace the rear one.

The compressor should cycle in all CC positions EXCEPT off and econ. As far as the drain hose, finding it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just turn the AC on, shimmy under the dash, and wait for the drip. Follow to source.

The-Dullahan
08-02-11, 01:02 AM
The compressor should cycle in all CC positions EXCEPT off and econ. As far as the drain hose, finding it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just turn the AC on, shimmy under the dash, and wait for the drip. Follow to source.

Yeah, thank The Gods I have arachnodactylism and hyper-flexibility. Too bad though, today was spent on other errands, even now testing that the compressed air system is all back on track from when the shop somehow slit that one foot section of hose (which is now steel, just like the rest) and my next days off will be spent back in Las Vegas, with an entirely different set of cars, so Branwen will patiently await my return and I can get around to this nonsensicality.

77CDV
08-03-11, 07:34 PM
Look on the bright side. You won't have killer humidity in Vegas, although it will be unacceptably bright. Enjoy Sin City! :)

Stingroo
08-03-11, 08:17 PM
Not... have... killer... humidity?

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!

outsider
08-03-11, 08:34 PM
seriously vegas is hot but not humid, it's so comfortable!

Dul, while you're out there go to the has house in the imperial palace. best prices and biggest portions ever. it's awesome

77CDV
08-03-11, 11:57 PM
^The Imperial Palace car collection ain't bad, either.

outsider
08-04-11, 07:42 AM
yeah! I posted a ton of pics from it when I went.