: Round two of Mods with Wait4me.

buddyg
07-31-11, 01:30 AM
So I pick my car up a couple weeks ago on a Friday from Jesse after round one. Leave the next day for vacation until this past Saturday, then go back to Jesse for round two this past Tuesday. I am crazy yes, but I have been down this modding road before and I might as well get what I want.

This time we did ported blower, lower pulley, wait4me sleeper cam, springs, heat exchanger, probably forgetting something.

Put down 606 to the wheels and it is just perfect now.

Lights the tires up in first and second (putting down a beautiful patch of black rubber) and pulls like a banshee all the way up the speedo.

Also got to drive Jesse's LSX motored car with a nasty sounding cam making a detuned 700 to the wheels. Man is that a fun ride!

Thanks Jesse!

cbloveday
07-31-11, 03:41 AM
You got a taste now. :)

thebigjimsho
07-31-11, 04:05 AM
Too much power.

buddyg
07-31-11, 08:45 AM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I happen to disagree. I am a power monger you can never have too much!!

The best part is it sounds totally stock as the cam is not lopey and I am running the stock exhaust. It rides and sounds stock which is what I wanted. My 911 has straight pipes and is very loud so I wanted this car to remain stock sounding.

Bushidopupil
07-31-11, 09:59 AM
Sounds like we got the same treatment. Mine made 606 to the wheels as well from Jesse. Fun stuff, glad you like it.

translux
07-31-11, 11:30 AM
So the stock exhaust system is not that limited....
With the increased power it sound a little bit louder?

cbloveday
07-31-11, 11:46 AM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I happen to disagree. I am a power monger you can never have too much!!

The best part is it sounds totally stock as the cam is not lopey and I am running the stock exhaust. It rides and sounds stock which is what I wanted. My 911 has straight pipes and is very loud so I wanted this car to remain stock sounding.

Buddy,

When thebigjimsho say's "too much power" it is a good thing :)
He is more into road course racing than straight line racing.
In certain situatio you can have too much power on the road course
But his post was meant to be taken positive.

It is his standard reply.

baabootoo
07-31-11, 02:57 PM

Did you gut/open the second set of converters then?

buddyg
07-31-11, 03:09 PM
So the stock exhaust system is not that limited....
With the increased power it sound a little bit louder?

Doesn't really sound much louder.

buddyg
07-31-11, 03:12 PM
Buddy,

It is his standard reply.

Gotcha! I love road racing but the V is kind of a heavy platform to start doing that. My 911 has 640 rwhp but it is all wheel drive so that helps on the road course. I still will spin track tires coming out of hairpins though.

buddyg
07-31-11, 03:13 PM
Did you gut/open the second set of converters then?

No complety stock exhaust.

cbloveday
07-31-11, 05:02 PM
The 911s turbos are sweet cars. I've only been in once and it was with a driving instructor/friend. :)

buddyg
07-31-11, 05:19 PM
The 911s turbos are sweet cars. I've only been in once and it was with a driving instructor/friend. :)

I am sure that was fun! I have done a ton of track events and have one coming up in September at Grattan Raceway in the 911.
Here is a fun article about my car from 2004.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/0404ec_porsche_comparison_sixth_place/index.html

by the way the stickers were just for the magazine article!

cbloveday
07-31-11, 09:13 PM
Great read!

Yes he wanted to make sure I knew the car's ability and his ability, before I got out

translux
07-31-11, 09:26 PM
Buddy I think your my long lost brother, I had a 930 that the guys from Perfect Power turned into 600hp monster. Problem was the 930 was a car that was constantly trying to kill you. Long gone but never forgotten.

buddyg
07-31-11, 10:08 PM
Buddy I think your my long lost brother, I had a 930 that the guys from Perfect Power turned into 600hp monster. Problem was the 930 was a car that was constantly trying to kill you. Long gone but never forgotten.

One of my favorites, I would love a slant nose 930 cab!

jwall09
08-01-11, 12:00 AM
So what does the CAM do? I like what I am hearing about the sleeper cam, no loping! hrm....

Also, why did you not put headers on? Making sure to keep the noise down at WOT?

tabio42
08-01-11, 01:47 AM
So what all do you have in your car right now? 93oct?

buddyg
08-01-11, 11:33 AM
So what all do you have in your car right now? 93oct?

This was on 93 octane.
Currently running
Upper pulley
Lower pulley
wait4me CAI
ported snout, tb, blower
wait4me sleeper cam
upgraded springs and titanium retainers
160 thermostat
heat exchanger
upgraded injectors and plugs
engine and transmission dyno tune

I think that is everything. Sounds stock and runs like a raped ape all for half the price of Lingenfelter and D3's 700 hp flywheel package and a quarter of the price of Hennessey's V700.

thebigjimsho
08-01-11, 01:17 PM
I am sure that was fun! I have done a ton of track events and have one coming up in September at Grattan Raceway in the 911.
Here is a fun article about my car from 2004.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/0404ec_porsche_comparison_sixth_place/index.html

by the way the stickers were just for the magazine article!Grattan is a blast.

thebigjimsho
08-01-11, 01:19 PM
Buddy,

It is his standard reply.You know me so well. :cloud9:

buddyg
08-01-11, 04:44 PM
Grattan is a blast.

super fun track, off camber uphill turns, decent straight and an interesting hill that makes your car super light as you go over it.