: Talked to a guy with a Panamera S today

RADEoN
07-31-11, 12:31 AM
Just a neat little story about the conversation I had.

Well, I hit a massive pothole, threw a check engine code and got "reduced engine power" for a throttle body code. Well, I found the issue (turns out the harness by the battery got knocked loose from the pothole (which is on a main highway, that I could very easily fit a basketball into), well, I went to the gas station by the Advance where I figured out the issue, and filled up, and a man with a Panamera S said "nice car", I said thanks, and we got to talking about the performance aspect of the V, and he told me my car was faster than his, to which I was shocked. (all this time, I didn't know there were more variations of the Panamera, thought they were all twin turbo'd) He told me his is the Panamera S, which had lower power ratings than the 2007 V1 he traded in on his Porsche. I was sorta shocked, as I never knew this.

He told me "I traded my 2007 cts-v in on this thing and I regret it every day, maybe if I'd have gotten the twin turbo model I'd be a lot happier, I can't wait to trade this in on a V-Coupe"

Made me feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside, a dude with a Porsche envies my V1 :D

mberisha
07-31-11, 07:16 AM
Good story......

We see quite a few of the Panamera's over here as well....however....the S's a few and far between even in Europe.

BTW....being up close to one....did you find it as ugly as most people find it from a distance.

I was pretty shocked by how sharp they look up close...and how nice the interior is....too bad those silly Germans put that UGLY ass-end on it.....

catch2otwo
08-01-11, 12:00 PM
eh the S has 400hp. I wouldnt say its down on power, 400hp is plenty for a comfy touring car. I dono if Id trade in my v1 for it, but Id sure as heck rather drive that then my v1 on a long trip.

JDB
08-02-11, 04:39 PM
eh the S has 400hp. I wouldnt say its down on power, 400hp is plenty for a comfy touring car. I dono if Id trade in my v1 for it, but Id sure as heck rather drive that then my v1 on a long trip.

It's all relative ...I drove my V on a 600 mile trip...and found it to be quite enjoyable. ....this is coming from a heavily modified 01 A4 that had 600/750 spring rated coilovers meant for the track. Driving that car on the same distance, like down to VIR...brutal on the back.

bjv
08-03-11, 01:09 PM
I don't mind driving my V1 on trips, although the longest has been about 300 miles one way.

I don't find the Porsche all that ugly, considering that I think all of them (except the 944) are somewhat ugly. IOW the 4-door isn't all that much uglier than the others. If I had that much money to spend on a new car I would just buy a V2.

GDPossehl
08-03-11, 02:09 PM
I rode in a Panamera Turbo today. I'll say I'd be willing to roll my V off a cliff if I were handed the keys to one of those.

IZCOL
02-10-13, 04:46 PM
I have had my Panamera Turbo for three years and now I am looking at a CTS-V. I drove a manual six speed and it put a grin on my face every time I shifted gears. The Panamera is a great road car but I don't like the turbo lag and jerky shifts of the PDK. We will see.

thebigjimsho
02-11-13, 04:53 PM
I have had my Panamera Turbo for three years and now I am looking at a CTS-V. I drove a manual six speed and it put a grin on my face every time I shifted gears. The Panamera is a great road car but I don't like the turbo lag and jerky shifts of the PDK. We will see.

Keep us abreast.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-11-13, 05:23 PM
@IZCOL, how are things going with scheduling the test drive for the Cadillac CTS-V? Do you need any assistance as we’d be happy to help where we can.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service assisting Katie

lilgCTS-V
02-12-13, 11:06 AM
my uncle just got a panamera turbo... after driving it, its safe to say im a fan.