: Lloyd Luxe mats for the V2

M5eater
07-30-11, 09:38 PM
I've spent quite a long time looking for information on these mats in the forums, and frankly there's only ever been 1-2 posts on these things, I'm happy to say that $300 for floor mats was absolutely worth it. Few gimmic advertising acutally is true anymore, but with the Luxe mats, they're soft and plush enough that you acutally *can* drive barefoof. The pile is deep, very deep, but still fits well with the rest of the car. The V logos are high quality, and although I initally requested the rear logos to the sides like the front, I'm glad they were unable to accomadate, as in the center looks like where they should be anyway for the rears. The rubber backing is soft, and you get the high quality specilized hand-built feeling throughout, which is also plainly evedent as there are at least 4-5 names on the QC card when it ships.

To sum up; at first I thought $300 was crazy, but now I know, it was the only choice for someone like me that isn't satisified with ''better than stock''

Even though this is supposed to be the ebony color, it's obviously very different, but honestly, I like the difference, you don't want something this good to blend it with the plane carpet.
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_2595.jpg
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_2596.jpg
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_2599.jpg
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_2600.jpg
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_2602.jpg

OldRoadDawg
07-30-11, 09:43 PM
I'm leaning towards a set of these. Curious if the drivers mat anchors like the oem mat?

M5eater
07-30-11, 09:45 PM
I'm leaning towards a set of these. Curious if the drivers mat anchors like the oem mat?
it does not. It's a plastic loop that slips over the pin. I can take a picture of you want, but it's not a pop-n secure like the OE. It doesn't bother me, as the pile is so thick you wouldn't want it to pop-through. Between the loop and the rubber though, I haven't had it slip while driving. Although I've only had them for 12hours. I believe they'll throw in a kit that secures the opposite side if you complain about the mat slipping, I remember that in a post researching these, but couldn't link you.

jdurhan
07-30-11, 09:50 PM
They are very nice looking mats and very good quality. I purchased a set but the very noticeable color variance made me take mine out and put them on the shelf. I may be a little picky, but they don't even come close to matching stock carpet. Lloyds should be able to match carpet color. IMO They just look out of place.

M5eater
07-30-11, 09:54 PM
They are very nice looking mats and very good quality. I purchased a set but the very noticeable color variance made me take mine out and put them on the shelf. I may be a little picky, but they don't even come close to matching stock carpet. Lloyds should be able to match carpet color. IMO They just look out of place.

that's half the reason for me posting, The ''Ebony" isn't anywhere near the ''Ebony'' in our cars. I like the difference, but some will not.

Mike02z
07-30-11, 10:09 PM
I have the same mats and they do not stay in place on my V. The little plastic piece that is supposed to anchor the mats does not do a very good job. Otherwise, I like the mats. I went with Black vs. Ebony as the Ebony does not match the GM color close enough for my taste so I went with the contrasting black.

I have Stratmosphere mats in my vette and I honestly prefer them to the Lloyds since the color match is darn near perfect but Stratmophere does not make mats for the V. I was communicating with them about the possibility of getting mats for my V and all of a sudden they stopped answering my emails. I heard they may have lost their GM license.

M5eater
07-30-11, 10:15 PM
I have the same mats and they do not stay in place on my V. The little plastic piece that is supposed to anchor the mats does not do a very good job. Otherwise, I like the mats. I went with Black vs. Ebony as the Ebony does not match the GM color close enough for my taste so I went with the contrasting black.

I have Stratmosphere mats in my vette and I honestly prefer them to the Lloyds since the color match is darn near perfect but Stratmophere does not make mats for the V. I was communicating with them about the possibility of getting mats for my V and all of a sudden they stopped answering my emails. I heard they may have lost their GM license.

did you ask lloyd about the slipping though? The one post I saw on the issue, the poster stated that they offered him a solution that secured it to the other side of the carpet via another loop and screw-in peg.

cbloveday
07-30-11, 10:22 PM
Still rocking my set! :)

tabio42
08-01-11, 01:39 AM
Your car looks brand new. The leather on the sides of the Recaros has not even wrinkled yet :)

Torxila
08-01-11, 08:34 PM
You should get the trunk mat to match with a grat big V logo in the middle. I love my LUXO's especially the "odd" ebony color.
George

M5eater
08-05-11, 08:07 AM
You should get the trunk mat to match with a grat big V logo in the middle. I love my LUXO's especially the "odd" ebony color.
George

I plan to!

one more thing I noticed; the deep pile interferes with the gas pedal ~ 1/8-1/16th of an inch. 100% WOT is still possible if you mash it down enough, but at ~ 95% pedal acutation, you're hitting the carpet. Haven't done testing to see if the throttle blade is @ 100% anyway given how much distance you're 'loosing' but I know it was one of the unanswered questions I wondered when I was in the market.

Your car looks brand new. The leather on the sides of the Recaros has not even wrinkled yet
that's because she is brand new :D

v05
08-25-11, 11:23 AM
you got any pic of the black in the car??

thebigjimsho
08-25-11, 12:17 PM
Loved my Lloyds in my '09. Loved them in my '04. But, d00d! logo overload. Like the guys who did embroidered head rests on the V1s, logos at every corner is too much. I do V logos, but only on the front mats...

M5eater
08-25-11, 12:42 PM
Loved my Lloyds in my '09. Loved them in my '04. But, d00d! logo overload. Like the guys who did embroidered head rests on the V1s, logos at every corner is too much. I do V logos, but only on the front mats...

The rear logo's are probally a bit much, but I'm just as happy with them there. There's not a lot of action in the rear to distinguish it as a CTS-V honestly.

Logos on the head rests though? That's just over-board I agree.

Rock1
08-25-11, 02:44 PM
They look sweet. I'm waiting on mine to arrive I ordered the front/rear and trunk only embroidered the trunk and front ones. I wont really use the drivers side one as it aggravates me that they didnt put some type of heel protector in the mat:nono:. I had theses mats in my GTO and the drivers side was shot from where my heal would rest by the gas pedal. When I ordered a set for my Z06 and I just kept the Z06 stock drivers mat in and just placed the passenger mat in (unless I was going to a car show or something of the sort).

Even right now have the stock vette drivers mat in the V (it fits perfect) and will put the V one in the drivers side only as needed.

thebigjimsho
08-25-11, 03:40 PM
The rear logo's are probally a bit much, but I'm just as happy with them there. There's not a lot of action in the rear to distinguish it as a CTS-V honestly.

Logos on the head rests though? That's just over-board I agree.Whatever style, Lloyds kicks ass...

thebigjimsho
08-25-11, 03:40 PM
BTW, the drivers' mat stays put! The passenger can ride up a couple inches, otherwise they're perfect...

Mike02z
08-25-11, 10:05 PM
you got any pic of the black in the car??

Sure do..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/photo-1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/photo1.jpg

M5eater
08-26-11, 07:32 AM
BTW, the drivers' mat stays put! The passenger can ride up a couple inches, otherwise they're perfect...

I haven't had any problems with them riding up ether, even though I've heard of people saying they won't stay still.

Mike02z
08-26-11, 09:58 AM
I haven't had any problems with them riding up ether, even though I've heard of people saying they won't stay still.

My driver side was riding up when I first installed my mats. I snapped the tab back down and seems to be staying put this time. Maybe I did not have it snapped down the first time.

M5eater
08-26-11, 10:03 AM
My driver side was riding up when I first installed my mats. I snapped the tab back down and seems to be staying put this time. Maybe I did not have it snapped down the first time.

that's the single area that has a lack-of-quality feel. I wish it would snap-in like the OE mats.

Mike02z
08-26-11, 10:27 AM
that's the single area that has a lack-of-quality feel. I wish it would snap-in like the OE mats.

I agree.

Jpjr
08-26-11, 10:26 PM
yikes. those look way out of place.

M5eater
08-27-11, 11:18 AM
yikes. those look way out of place.

it's really not that bad. This is such a high-quality product that you almost *dont* want it to blend into the OE carpet like the stock mats do.

Mike02z
08-27-11, 01:30 PM
It matches the Obsidian trim nicely. The Ebony mats don't quite mach the carpets and don't match anything else in the car so I went with the contrast. I know it might not be for everyone but I like it.

jpoole
08-27-11, 02:24 PM
I bought some Lloyds mats from Auto Pride Concepts. He suggested the Ultimats in Ebony and that is what I got. The color seems to match fine to me. Very nice mats except the hold down comes off as others have mentioned. Somebody mentioned a fix what is that. Anyway here is a pic for color match.

Auto Pride
08-28-11, 09:09 PM
Auto Pride Concepts is offering free S&H for all Cadillac Merchandise orders over $75. You can use the coupon code: LaborDay until midnight 09/05/2011 for free delivery of your Lloyd Mats.
Lloyd at Auto Pride, Inc.
www.AutoPrideConcepts.com
800-327-8847 ext. 218

DRL650
11-16-12, 09:43 PM
I dont have the Lux mat but they fit great and do not move.Not a great pic but all I have.Also the Black is a near perfect match... I also had the Lux set on my C6 with no complaints. Lloyds mats are a great product.

Stillborn
11-17-12, 04:54 PM
as far as the anchor goes, i had to use a flat-head screwdriver and a good amount of force to get it to secure, if you dont "massage" that anchor to fit it wont do what it's intended to do. if your passenger is akin to Fred Flintstone you will end up with a matt under your dash. i brief all sheeple that enter my car with a long list of donts. this is really a shame that the majority of people/sheeple have not a modicum of respect for others things and will rejoice in your headaches.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000698.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000693.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000692.jpg

RGaret
11-18-12, 03:17 PM
as far as the anchor goes, i had to use a flat-head screwdriver and a good amount of force to get it to secure, if you dont "massage" that anchor to fit it wont do what it's intended to do. if your passenger is akin to Fred Flintstone you will end up with a matt under your dash. i brief all sheeple that enter my car with a long list of donts. this is really a shame that the majority of people/sheeple have not a modicum of respect for others things and will rejoice in your headaches.

Can you take a picture of the anchor? I just ordered these and didn't know about the issue.

Stillborn
11-19-12, 04:40 PM
you'll find out soon enough. lol the driver side anchor is a plastic peice with a hole for the floor peg. if you dont get it all the way down over the peg till it touches bottom it will never stay put. i have 100% faith that anyone can get it in place with a little brute force.

RGaret
11-19-12, 08:05 PM
you'll find out soon enough. lol the driver side anchor is a plastic peice with a hole for the floor peg. if you dont get it all the way down over the peg till it touches bottom it will never stay put. i have 100% faith that anyone can get it in place with a little brute force.

Now that I know what to do, I will get it done. I wonder why they didn't just make a hole with a grommet and make it easier.

Stillborn
11-19-12, 09:53 PM
it should be the exact same as the stock matt design. but i guess they somehow ruled that out. lol in any case it's not high stakes. a pita to get on, but in the long run it does as advertised.

RGaret
11-27-12, 08:21 AM
Just installed my Lloyd's LUXE mats today. I got the ebony and the color matches nearly perfectly to my old mats. The fit is perfect and they feel great. I definitely recommend this product. I will use the sock mats for people to wipe their snow boots on before entering my house.

OldRoadDawg
11-27-12, 10:19 AM
I use a small deepwell socket (forgot what size) that fits over the peg and is about the same size as the plastic grommet. One firm push and it snaps into place.

RGaret
11-27-12, 03:21 PM
I use a small deepwell socket (forgot what size) that fits over the peg and is about the same size as the plastic grommet. One firm push and it snaps into place.

I used brute force and my hands...seems to be holding wellso far.

----------

I used brute force and my hands...seems to be holding well so far.

Haze
11-28-12, 01:56 AM
I must have done something wrong. It just popped on. I turned up the corner of the mat, took the plastic hook thing, shoved it all the way to the bottom of the post with my thumb and finger and let the mat fall into place. It was easy. Took like ten seconds, and it has been well anchored ever since.

libertyforall1776
04-04-13, 05:36 PM
Anyone have a photo with the medium gray LUXE Lloyd mats for CTS-V?

http://www.cti66.com/lloyd/images/011%20Medium%20Grey400.jpg

vfaninva
04-04-13, 09:58 PM
M5eater yours look great. Does anyone know of other makers/prices?

RapidRob
04-04-13, 10:57 PM
I don't think M5eater hangs out here anymore. Haven't seen him post in a long time - but you might try the, "other" forum ...

Rob

RobF300
04-05-13, 09:38 AM
my wife pops it back on after she comes out of the car wash you telling me you guys cant do it?

stl_ls1gto
04-05-13, 10:33 AM
right, just push the tab down all the way over the post on the car floor, it secures it just fine....does not require "brute force"

I got the luxe with the front logos for my wagon a couple weeks ago, I went with the cheaper one for the cargo area with the logo since it will see more dirt/cargo on it. I have the light titanium interior, and the ebony/charcoal color of the mats goes well with this interior - it is the same color as the factory pos mats.

I went with autoanything.com to order as they had free shipping as well as 20% off - coupon code is listed on their website - so it was by far the cheapest place to get them.

oneman42
04-05-13, 10:57 AM
stl_ls1gto

"I went with autoanything.com to order as they had free shipping as well as 20% off - coupon code is listed on their website - so it was by far the cheapest place to get them."

Please help a brother out and post a picture to show how the logo is positioned.
Thanks,
George

stl_ls1gto
04-05-13, 11:11 AM
there are a bunch of threads with pics of the Lloyd's luxe mats, just search for it. The logo can be either facing out the door so you see the V logo when entering the car, or it can be so it is facing the driver when seated. The trunk mat will obviously have it is it is facing you when you pop the trunk. I'm at work now, and car is at home so cant take a pic.

RobF300
04-05-13, 11:54 AM
I got the caddy logo in my wifes car, personally I think its a bit much kinda large, if I put them in my car im going no-logo

btw- the trunk mat is simply awesome and the quality of the heavy pile mats under your feet feel great, the rear mats cover more of the carpet than the factory mats did

SRTVIPER03
04-05-13, 01:53 PM
Hey George....do you recall what the code for autoanything was? I only see a 15% code and their live chat says they dont have a 20% discount.
Thanks
Andy

oneman42
04-05-13, 02:26 PM
I can't help you. That was just a copy and paste from the other reply. As you can see the thread was resurrected and my bet it was a year old so our friend bought the mats in 2012 and probably the 20% discount is gone for 2013 - there is free shipping though so that will make up the 5% difference.
HTH,
George

SRTVIPER03
04-05-13, 03:00 PM
Thanks.....I ordered them and did get the 15% discount plus free shipping. Total of $440 including tax for a V Wagon w/trunk mat with logo.

RobF300
04-11-13, 11:57 AM
I got the caddy logo in my wifes car, personally I think its a bit much kinda large, if I put them in my car im going no-logo

btw- the trunk mat is simply awesome and the quality of the heavy pile mats under your feet feel great, the rear mats cover more of the carpet than the factory mats did

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/rob284/IMG_1548_zps9f047d29.jpg

drios
04-11-13, 01:23 PM
I only paid 160 for my set, they look pretty nice too