: Key Fob Problem

Twist
07-29-11, 11:51 PM
GM Rep, I have a serious problem with my 2011 V Coupe. I stopped at 7-11 this morning for coffee. When I came out my doors would not unlock. I used the OnStar ap on my IPhone to unlock the doors. When I got in the DIC showed the following message "No FOB found" and then "Theft Attempted". After about 15 minutes everything worked fine. I have had the car for almost 3months and this happens about once a week. The dealer said they could not find a problem. Of course it works fine at the dealership. I would really hate to be steamed because of this problem.

JimmyH
07-30-11, 09:34 PM
This is best in its own thread.

reciprocity
07-31-11, 12:25 AM
I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be a faulty key fob. The dealer replaced it and I haven't had any trouble since. You might try your other fob to narrow the problem down to the car or the fob. Also, be sure to read in the manual how to insert it into the slot in the console in case it's a battery issue. If you're stranded someplace, that's at least something to something to try.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-01-11, 11:59 AM
Twist,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Does this happen with both of your key fobs?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service